Author Topic: Ugly, totally obtainable cars you want  (Read 15517 times)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Re: Ugly, totally obtainable cars you want
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2021, 08:53:51 AM »
Perfect for the single man in the Navy. Wish I had it now as an empty nester.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2021, 09:46:53 AM »
Those S10 and Ranger supercabs, like what's the point? I remember being like 7 and uncomfortable in the back seat of one
While you can put kids you don't really care about back there, I think it's more for tool boxes, small luggage bags, etc.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2021, 11:20:21 AM »
Those S10 and Ranger supercabs, like what's the point? I remember being like 7 and uncomfortable in the back seat of one
While you can put kids you don't really care about back there, I think it's more for tool boxes, small luggage bags, etc.

Beer cooler.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2021, 12:23:46 PM »
Suicide seats were kinda fun as a kid the first time you rode in one. As a teenager it would’ve just been embarrassing

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2021, 01:28:51 PM »

I got a 1991 extended Ranger when I was 17.  The extended cab was nice to have after 2 years in an 1985 S-10. It was a nice option to have if more people needed a ride somewhere, even if it sucked for them.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2021, 01:37:55 PM »
First truck was an extended cab Dakota, then the extended cab S10 and buddy had an extended cab Ranger. Good for a big ol subwoofer and also piling in buddies to go cruise the turn around for girls in the next town over

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2021, 01:43:54 PM »
It would actually be too big a pain in the balls with maintenance costs and such, but getting an slk convertible or old Porsche Boxster would be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2021, 01:46:50 PM »

Could definitely find a cheaper one with more miles.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2021, 01:50:50 PM »
I don't think beer many people would call boxsters and slks ugly.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2021, 01:54:40 PM »
The upkeep on those euros are insane. Makes them ugly for my bank account.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2021, 01:54:49 PM »
Yeah I messed up and only met one condition.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2021, 04:33:51 PM »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2021, 04:42:01 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2021, 05:28:47 PM »

Lol. How long is that sucker? Jesus.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2021, 06:18:24 PM »

Lol. How long is that sucker? Jesus.
If I had a dollar for every time I wished I'd heard that....

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2021, 07:52:38 AM »
So, my dad has given me my grandfather's 1953 GMC pickup.  It runs fine but it doesn't have power steering, brakes are not wonderful but she looks pretty good as it's been in a shed for the last 50 years.  Question, how much do you think it would cost to have power steering, modern braking system, new suspension, new transmission and possibly AC in a truck that old?

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2021, 08:04:37 AM »
So, my dad has given me my grandfather's 1953 GMC pickup.  It runs fine but it doesn't have power steering, brakes are not wonderful but she looks pretty good as it's been in a shed for the last 50 years.  Question, how much do you think it would cost to have power steering, modern braking system, new suspension, new transmission and possibly AC in a truck that old?
Not terrible amount, lots of aftermarket parts. Try LMC. Would be interested if you wanted to move it. Post a pic!

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2021, 08:44:29 AM »
Car air conditioning is easy more expensive than it should be imo. May as well buy a 2 ton air conditioner for a house. Expect $1500 or more.

I replaced drum brakes with disc on my old 60s continental, front only. It cost about $1200. That included brake booster, master cylinder, proportioning valve, calipers, adapter plate, and rotors.

Big shot from the hip, if you do all that I'm betting you spend a minimum of $5k. Not sure if you can just throw on power steering without an engine swap, but could be wrong about that.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2021, 08:54:16 AM »
Not terrible amount, lots of aftermarket parts. Try LMC. Would be interested if you wanted to move it. Post a pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2021, 08:55:23 AM »
Car air conditioning is easy more expensive than it should be imo. May as well buy a 2 ton air conditioner for a house. Expect $1500 or more.

I replaced drum brakes with disc on my old 60s continental, front only. It cost about $1200. That included brake booster, master cylinder, proportioning valve, calipers, adapter plate, and rotors.

Big shot from the hip, if you do all that I'm betting you spend a minimum of $5k. Not sure if you can just throw on power steering without an engine swap, but could be wrong about that.

That's better than I was thinking. I was afraid it'd be over $10k.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2021, 09:01:40 AM »

That's better than I was thinking. I was afraid it'd be over $10k.
It might be. If you're paying someone else to do it, I would almost guarantee it.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2021, 09:26:53 AM »
Tranny will be the most expensive part of this. Do you want it to be a daily driver? If so and you don't care about originality you might as well do an ls swap on the engine at the same time.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2021, 09:31:23 AM »
Tranny will be the most expensive part of this. Do you want it to be a daily driver? If so and you don't care about originality you might as well do an ls swap on the engine at the same time.

I don't know about a daily drive but I would like to be able to take it out every weekend.  The transmission is geared so low that first gear is basically worthless.  I'm not really interested in restoring it to it's original.  That would take too much money.

I was thinking that if I'm going to replace everything else, I might as well do the engine as well.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2021, 09:41:51 AM »
I personally like carbureted engines as even the biggest dummy can figure most things out on it but those LS engines I've heard are easy to swap and pretty inexpensive.