Author Topic: Stanford Dallas PAK  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Stanford Dallas PAK
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2021, 01:48:25 PM »
2:30 is the best time
@bentren

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2021, 02:15:52 PM »
take it to the getting old thread but I don't mind the 11am anymore. Too early for me personally to start boozing and then still time in the day to get other sh1t done. If not 11 then give me a night game all day son.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2021, 03:12:52 PM »
If it’s a medium game and I’m attending, 2:30 is perfect. If it’s a giant game, whether I’m attending or nit, it better be under the lights.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2021, 04:13:07 PM »
If it’s a medium game and I’m attending, 2:30 is perfect. If it’s a giant game, whether I’m attending or nit, it better be under the lights.

Yes. Great thing about the old 2:30 ABC games was the big games were late in the year, so you got sunset and then the lights!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2021, 04:50:24 PM »
Maybe the conferences should have thought of this before they made their big tv money grab.

This is my deal with OU crying. Stanford didn't have a choice with our game and the Northwestern games, since they're road games they are subjected to the home team's media deal. Central and Eastern time zone teams should always want visiting pacific time zone teams in the early slot. We had full control of that for the Nevada game but went with 1:00, terrible kick time for everybody.

Iowa State has to kick with UNLV at 9:45PM central time, I'd have to think that is just as bad, if not worse for flood aggie.

Disagree. It’s great from a throwback perspective. DOD 1.0 was full of 1:10 kicks. :love:

Every single one of those were terrible, non televised games. 1:10 kickoffs against Eastern Illinois and Iowa State.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2021, 09:42:48 PM »

Yes. Great thing about the old 2:30 ABC games was the big games were late in the year, so you got sunset and then the lights!

BONER ALERT

anyone else go to the chad may nebraska home game on abc, it was sleeting out.  i swear that game started at like 9:30 am or something ridiculous

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2021, 12:49:37 PM »
Maybe the conferences should have thought of this before they made their big tv money grab.

This is my deal with OU crying. Stanford didn't have a choice with our game and the Northwestern games, since they're road games they are subjected to the home team's media deal. Central and Eastern time zone teams should always want visiting pacific time zone teams in the early slot. We had full control of that for the Nevada game but went with 1:00, terrible kick time for everybody.

Iowa State has to kick with UNLV at 9:45PM central time, I'd have to think that is just as bad, if not worse for flood aggie.

Disagree. It’s great from a throwback perspective. DOD 1.0 was full of 1:10 kicks. :love:

Every single one of those were terrible, non televised games. 1:10 kickoffs against Eastern Illinois and Iowa State.
people forget but Ron moved these home games to 2:00 pm so our scores would be updated during the 2:30 games on ABC, CBS, NBC etc #scarysmart