Author Topic: CHIEFS/NFL Pit Thread  (Read 5813 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
CHIEFS/NFL Pit Thread
« on: February 10, 2021, 09:57:37 AM »
KC Star keeps swinging with their woke asses...

https://twitter.com/KCStar/status/1359472601488359428?s=20

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 10:05:58 AM »

This is the type of crap Chodecat signs up for! :love:

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 10:10:05 AM »

This is the type of crap Chodecat signs up for! :love:

At least it's not a story about Daddy's boy putting a 5 year old in a coma. 
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 10:15:49 AM »

Not gonna lie I thought the same thing when I saw all the white kids who went as Mahomes for Halloween and wore the wig.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 10:17:49 AM »
And Shawnee Mission schools are 38% minority??? :Wha:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 10:17:58 AM »
Apparently the teacher just wore a generic giant afro, if that makes a difference

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 10:22:35 AM »
KC Star has turned into woke central the past few years. It's so terrible.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 10:27:09 AM »
lol. That didn't take long for Clay to sniff out.  :facepalm:

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1359536963297173510?s=20

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 10:59:01 AM »
Wasn't a mahomes wig, and toriano porter is not a sports writer.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 11:07:21 AM »

Not gonna lie I thought the same thing when I saw all the white kids who went as Mahomes for Halloween and wore the wig.

You thought it was a bad look or you thought whatever wacky was saying about woke asses?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 11:20:26 AM »

You thought it was a bad look or you thought whatever wacky was saying about woke asses?
Literally, all you have to do is go to their Twitter page, to see what angle they're playing every day. If it isn't trying to pin point people out of KC who attended the rally, it's crap like this, and telling people to wear more than one mask. I honestly don't know how they afford all of that office space anymore.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 11:33:21 AM »

Literally, all you have to do is go to their Twitter page, to see what angle they're playing every day. If it isn't trying to pin point people out of KC who attended the rally, it's crap like this, and telling people to wear more than one mask. I honestly don't know how they afford all of that office space anymore.

Yeah, they have way too much office space.  Pisses me off.  Plus Clay Travis.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 11:51:54 AM »
Wut

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 12:07:59 PM »

I think the Halloween costumes are a borderline bad look. I mean I wouldn't wear one for that reason (even if it wasn't a totally lame costume)

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 12:11:54 PM »

I think the Halloween costumes are a borderline bad look. I mean I wouldn't wear one for that reason (even if it wasn't a totally lame costume)

Eh.  Maybe borderline.  State farm did a commercial on people getting that haircut.  He's kinda branding it.

I really don't see people dressing up like that as comparable to blackface.  I think people just want to be like Mahomes.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2021, 12:15:04 PM »
The intent of the person matters. People put on black face to mock black people. People dress up like Mahomes because the love Mahomes.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2021, 12:16:51 PM »
Wut

Sorry.  I'm not good at 4D chess.  Can't keep up with why I should hate the KC Star, or how the Chiefs killed Terez Paylor.

Or why I should read anything Clay Travis writes.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2021, 12:18:49 PM »
Eh.  Maybe borderline.  State farm did a commercial on people getting that haircut.  He's kinda branding it.

I really don't see people dressing up like that as comparable to blackface.  I think people just want to be like Mahomes.

The intent of the person matters. People put on black face to mock black people. People dress up like Mahomes because the love Mahomes.

yep, that's fair from both of you. I can also see how a black person (who isn't Mahomes) could take offense, which to me is enough to steer clear.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 12:19:17 PM »
And Shawnee Mission schools are 38% minority??? :Wha:
north joco demo has changed a lot but not at SM East where this incident occurred

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2021, 12:20:12 PM »
I haven't seen the pic of the teacher in question, but you can see a lot of possible examples here: https://www.amazon.com/Watts-Wigs-Mahomes-Headband-Adults/dp/B07MBTSSKW

Hilarious on all our pre Christmas party!
They all opened a secret gift at the same time- and were excited to see a Mahomes wig! The hit gift of party!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3G18H62V2SWK/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07MBTSSKW

Looks like a rip-off of the steve dave wig, but with a "15" headband replacing the visor.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2021, 01:47:48 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2021, 01:51:35 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2021, 02:07:12 PM »
So I opened this thread to read about Terez Paylor and imagine my surprise to see that even this thread has turned into the latest episode of insecure white man feels aggrieved again. I personally don't care about the afro wigs. I do think Pat is kind of a cornball for signing off on the licensing of such things, but honestly, I probably would have done the same thing at his age, I'm a bit more protective of these things now though. I would have shook my head at anyone who I saw wearing one of these, but I would have kept it moving.

Now this part is definitely going to hurt wacky's feelings. Like I said I don't necessarily share the feelings of the man who wrote that opinion column, however to dismiss that man's feelings as wokeness, is absolutely why people like wacky play a massive role in these racial issues being stuck in the mud, and who allow profiteers like Clay Travis to make money off of mining outrage from insecure white men. You don't have to agree with how that man feels, I don't but to just dismiss his feelings without even considering his point is close-minded at best. The same people who would tell a black man that he is woke because he doesn't feel right about something specific to his race are the very same people who would completely and angrily dismiss any notion that they are racist or that any notions of racism even exist. Whenever these people hear a person of color say something that makes them uncomfortable, the first impulse isn't to understand why, it is to be dismissive. It's gross, I'm sick of it, and I will not allow any place I inhabit as much as I do this here to be a safe place for it to happen without me calling it out.

I haven't had an afro since I was about 6 or 7 years old, I haven't even had hair since 1992. I have no goddamned idea what triggers someone could have related to their hair, and while I don't relate at all, I certainly will listen to those who do and be sympathetic to it, because why the eff wouldn't I? Doing so wouldn't have the least bit of adverse effect on my life.

Wacky, open up your mind, stop being mad about everything, looking under every rock for reasons to be aggrieved isn't great for anyone's mental health and it is poisonous to our society, if you care about such things.

End rant.

RIP Terez, I was scared as hell that this was another young black man who lost his life to COVID. I can't describe how scared I am of this disease.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2021, 02:27:09 PM »
So I opened this thread to read about Terez Paylor and imagine my surprise to see that even this thread has turned into the latest episode of insecure white man feels aggrieved again. I personally don't care about the afro wigs. I do think Pat is kind of a cornball for signing off on the licensing of such things, but honestly, I probably would have done the same thing at his age, I'm a bit more protective of these things now though. I would have shook my head at anyone who I saw wearing one of these, but I would have kept it moving.

Now this part is definitely going to hurt wacky's feelings. Like I said I don't necessarily share the feelings of the man who wrote that opinion column, however to dismiss that man's feelings as wokeness, is absolutely why people like wacky play a massive role in these racial issues being stuck in the mud, and who allow profiteers like Clay Travis to make money off of mining outrage from insecure white men. You don't have to agree with how that man feels, I don't but to just dismiss his feelings without even considering his point is close-minded at best. The same people who would tell a black man that he is woke because he doesn't feel right about something specific to his race are the very same people who would completely and angrily dismiss any notion that they are racist or that any notions of racism even exist. Whenever these people hear a person of color say something that makes them uncomfortable, the first impulse isn't to understand why, it is to be dismissive. It's gross, I'm sick of it, and I will not allow any place I inhabit as much as I do this here to be a safe place for it to happen without me calling it out.

I haven't had an afro since I was about 6 or 7 years old, I haven't even had hair since 1992. I have no goddamned idea what triggers someone could have related to their hair, and while I don't relate at all, I certainly will listen to those who do and be sympathetic to it, because why the eff wouldn't I? Doing so wouldn't have the least bit of adverse effect on my life.

Wacky, open up your mind, stop being mad about everything, looking under every rock for reasons to be aggrieved isn't great for anyone's mental health and it is poisonous to our society, if you care about such things.

End rant.

RIP Terez, I was scared as hell that this was another young black man who lost his life to COVID. I can't describe how scared I am of this disease.
I definitely value your opinion and appreciate this thoughtful post. I cannot relate with a lot of these issues and I need to shut up when it comes to some of this stuff. However, the part I bolded is exactly how I feel about what the media is trying to do about everything these days. Literally lifting rocks to see what might/could be offensive and needs cancelled for a few clicks. I just think it's going to go so far to the point that it will lose it's luster, and some of the important stuff will get overlooked by people who really need educated.