Author Topic: OU Game Thread  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
OU Game Thread
« on: January 19, 2021, 06:51:08 PM »
Prodigal son Lon Kruger faces off against his struggling alma mater--the Cats from Kansas State. It appears this game is only available on FSOK. Is that true? If so, I do not receive Fox Sports Oklahoma. I have confirmed it is not available on ESPN+ or any other YTTV channel available just south of the Oklahoma border. If anyone is aware of any broadcast distribution I'm missing, please post ITT, and TIA.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: OU Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 06:56:53 PM »
it looked like I could buy the sports package on YTTV and watch. I thought about it for a second but ultimately declined.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 07:00:02 PM »
I think I get this channel but have failed on watching my beloved cats this season

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 07:07:54 PM »
Another Tale of Two Halves :facepalm:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 07:11:46 PM »
Another Tale of Two Halves :facepalm:

wow I saw the halftime score and that was the good one. :frown:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 07:31:38 PM »
Wait, it's already over??

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 07:39:03 PM »
it was on fox sports kc and midwest too

love the 5:30 start

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 07:49:54 PM »
Prodigal son Lon Kruger faces off against his struggling alma mater--the Cats from Kansas State. It appears this game is only available on FSOK. Is that true? If so, I do not receive Fox Sports Oklahoma. I have confirmed it is not available on ESPN+ or any other YTTV channel available just south of the Oklahoma border. If anyone is aware of any broadcast distribution I'm missing, please post ITT, and TIA.

This is because of Oklahoma's really stupid tier 3 deal. Literally the rest of the conference is on an ESPN property and they are on this broke dick regional fox sports trash, that's not actually owned by fox sports, by the way. They also choose to put their stupid tier 3 football game on ppv. Their stupid redneck fans are always crying about the big 12, but they have a worst tier 3 deal than shitty ACC teams.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 08:00:57 PM »
I've finally reached my breaking point.

Mike McGurl is a bad basketball player, it isn't his fault, but he should be playing like 5 minutes per game. He isn't equipped to lead a team, his consistent poor shooting, shot selection, awful turnovers, and mediocre defense has become too much too take. Early in the season oscar was platooning Selton and Nijel, if he continues to do this when Nijel gets back, I might convince myself to write a strongly worded letter to gene. Luke has also shown enough to prove he can get more guard minutes, all three should be cutting into Mike's minutes.

Speaking of gene, it's over for oscar. I was indifferent before, but now I'm 100% out. I'm sick of these guys being embarrassed every single game. Even getting a moral victory seems really unattainable right now. The fact that we're in the position that we have to play McGurl 30+ minutes per game is an embarrassment. I don't know how better this team would be with Cartier or any other jr or sr guard not on the roster who should be, but there's no way we'd be this bad.

This is gross, I'm over it.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 08:06:49 PM »
not to sound like a sayer of soothes...but i really truly believe in my heart that we will have at least one more game this year that we lose by less than double digits. Like sure the last few games we've been getting absolutely smacked around and lost by at least 15, but i think we rally in one of them and only lose by like 5 or 6.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 08:10:01 PM »

Mike McGurl is a bad basketball player, it isn't his fault, but he should be playing like 5 minutes per game. He isn't equipped to lead a team, his consistent poor shooting, shot selection, awful turnovers, and mediocre defense has become too much too take. Early in the season oscar was platooning Selton and Nijel, if he continues to do this when Nijel gets back, I might convince myself to write a strongly worded letter to gene. Luke has also shown enough to prove he can get more guard minutes, all three should be cutting into Mike's minutes.

Speaking of gene, it's over for oscar. I was indifferent before, but now I'm 100% out. I'm sick of these guys being embarrassed every single game. Even getting a moral victory seems really unattainable right now. The fact that we're in the position that we have to play McGurl 30+ minutes per game is an embarrassment. I don't know how better this team would be with Cartier or any other jr or sr guard not on the roster who should be, but there's no way we'd be this bad.

Save the letter and send a fat check
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 08:10:53 PM »
And oscar will be back. Gene will give him a chance to develop the young talent. I pretty much don't give a crap either way any more.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 08:44:31 PM »
And oscar will be back. Gene will give him a chance to develop the young talent. I pretty much don't give a crap either way any more.

He probably will, I still think that, I do think that next year will be a tournament or bust type of year. You don't even need a top half finish in the big 12 to make the conference. If he has three straight years of finishes of 10th, 9th, and 8th I really don't think that will save him. Whenever the clock runs out on oscar, it won't be because gene has had enough, it will be because it's no longer financially feasible to keep him around. The pandemic is absolutely saving oscar's ass.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 09:11:51 PM »

I actually was looking for this and failed to check the obvious.  ESPN just said no TV and they list beyond their networks.

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 09:24:18 PM »

I actually was looking for this and failed to check the obvious.  ESPN just said no TV and they list beyond their networks.

FSKC is basically No TV unless you're outside the Metro area it seems. Might as well put it back on K-STATE HD or whatever and charge $5 or $10 for access. They'd probably have more eyeballs on the games.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021, 09:42:25 PM »
Couldn’t watch in Chicago. Didn’t try that hard though. I see we lost by 26, OU must be a 2 or 3 seed in the tournament?
:adios:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021, 09:50:39 PM »
So is oscar on the hot seat?  Two seasons of this shouldn’t be allowed.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021, 09:52:03 PM »
oscar has two Big 12 championships. This is just a part of the process. I also didn’t even know we had a game today.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 09:53:19 PM »
Missed the second half. Woof

I see guys like pack/Bradford/Miguel/dgord and I think that these look like legit big 12 athletes and this is a core that should compete.

But they don’t. They effing don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 09:58:00 PM »
A coach can rebuild after a big 12 chip and not be bottom of league.  I completely expect a rebuild, but also to compete in conference games and maybe finish .500.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2021, 08:43:02 AM »
HIRE A REAL COACH
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2021, 09:12:25 AM »
I don't feel like this season really counts. It would be weird to fire oscar this year instead of last year or next year.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2021, 09:53:34 AM »
I don't feel like this season really counts. It would be weird to fire oscar this year instead of last year or next year.

I think of sports decisions as trying to find inefficiencies and taking advantage.  If a lot of programs don't want to fire a coach this year due to COVID, it might make KSU one of the better jobs available and help us in hiring a better coach.  I still expect oscar to be back next year for a NCAA or bust type season though.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2021, 09:57:01 AM »

Frying pan time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2021, 05:22:30 PM »

Two questions
1. In what world would firing him last year make any sense at all?
2. Are you watching the games this year?