Author Topic: Apartments in the KCK metro  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Apartments in the KCK metro
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2021, 03:44:56 PM »
https://www.sixty16.com/floor-plans/#chart

Shawnee has several new apartment projects.

Shawnee Mission Parkway and I 35.  41 minutes to Baldwin, straight shot to Plaza.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This is a cool option. We will add it to the possibilities list. We really only need the second bedroom for two people telework - but we have both been teleworking from a one-bedroom for 18 months, so we could probably make it work if we needed to.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2021, 04:07:18 PM »
telework?! yard dog never ceases to surprise me

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2021, 05:30:39 PM »
Independence, MO is a beautiful place to live. As is KCK. Everyone should consider renting there imo.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2021, 06:26:09 PM »
Yard dog you been remote working in the same room as your wife for 18 months?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2021, 09:44:19 AM »
Yard dog you been remote working in the same room as your wife for 18 months?

Yessir. It has been interesting in different ways. We are both loud meeting participants on Teams calls which is probably the most "drama" around the situation. But early in the pandemic, we both invested in nice noise-canceling headphones which allows us to focus on our own work. But, we do like the idea of being able to more easily separate into rooms when necessary. We've both had important calls we had to just take in our bedroom - which tamps down the professionalism a bit. Both of us are welcome to return to our offices, but there is no hard deadline for return. I definitely don't miss my 45 minutes to work and hour plus home from work commute.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2021, 01:21:33 PM »
If my wife and I had to share an office for 18 months we would likely be divorced.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2021, 01:24:52 PM »
If my wife and I had to share an office for 18 months we would likely be divorced.
My wife and I office out of different floors of our house but even so she learned quickly that there was a lot more loud swearing in my work video calls than hers.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2021, 02:10:06 PM »
My wife and I office out of different floors of our house but even so she learned quickly that there was a lot more loud swearing in my work video calls than hers.

My wife feels the need to take every call on speaker phone.  We are different floors of the house and yet I hear every call she makes.  If I was sitting in the same room I don't think I could drown it out with my headphones enough to keep from going insane.