Author Topic: capitol riot  (Read 129339 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: capitol riot
« Reply #3025 on: March 14, 2023, 10:13:12 PM »
Perhaps the most bespoke meme Dax has generated to date

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 14, 2023, 10:46:04 PM »
this thing is running at peak efficiency

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: March 15, 2023, 01:05:19 AM »
God bless dax finding meme generators  :ROFL:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: March 15, 2023, 08:25:06 AM »
Has ever a more true meme been created? I don't think so.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: March 15, 2023, 09:15:41 AM »
that is unreal

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: March 30, 2023, 01:41:34 PM »
Charlie upset about peaceful Capitol tours happening in TN

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1641493149062410240?s=20

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: March 30, 2023, 01:56:13 PM »
Much less chance of being shot there.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: April 21, 2023, 05:58:54 PM »
Good for Ray, he did things other people got arrested for, and he got away with it.

Ray Epps: A #blueanon hero and clearly a non participant in what #blueanon dubbed a coup d'etat against these United States.

It's not treason if we like you . . . #blueanon

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: April 21, 2023, 06:23:46 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: April 21, 2023, 08:30:51 PM »
He has a huge fat stomach and is very scared and angry.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: April 21, 2023, 09:42:02 PM »
Ray Epps - a friend of #blueanongE

Some insurrectionists are more equal than others - #blueanongE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 03, 2023, 11:43:05 AM »

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: May 03, 2023, 12:47:25 PM »
Yikes
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1653800611786178561

There is so much hyperbole in our political discourse.  That said, this would be it.  It's a wrap.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: May 03, 2023, 12:50:51 PM »
Yikes

There is so much hyperbole in our political discourse.  That said, this would be it.  It's a wrap.

Did you read the article? The headline makes the bill sound more sweeping than it is. That said, it's still BS.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: May 03, 2023, 01:34:25 PM »
Yikes

Did you read the article? The headline makes the bill sound more sweeping than it is. That said, it's still BS.

Roe was settled Law and Double Precedent is something that was also said to people who they claimed that "you're overreacting"....Does anyone really believe that say Texas voted out Ted Cruz or Voted Democrat at the Presidential level...that the SoS wouldn't throw out the Harris county vote. Which strangely why single out that county...uh oh that's right it is a Democratic basket of votes. Furthermore, This Supreme Court would go along with it too and they'd laugh all the way to the new Gore vs Bush ruling.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: May 03, 2023, 01:39:02 PM »
I'm not saying the lege wouldn't pass some other law to attack elections, but the way to prevent this particular bill (not yet a law, but will probably become one) from biting is to make sure you have a ton of paper ballots at each polling location in Harris County.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: May 03, 2023, 01:43:43 PM »
I'm not saying the lege wouldn't pass some other law to attack elections, but the way to prevent this particular bill (not yet a law, but will probably become one) from biting is to make sure you have a ton of paper ballots at each polling location in Harris County.

Yea, except as we clearly saw in 2020...the GOP just flat out lied about everything they could. So here is the real question, why wouldn't they say...oh we  heard "rumors" that these ballots were not there? Therefore, we will declare this election null and void...and say set up a new one on December 20th (after Safe Harbor date). It's a legal election folks ;), but we sent the electors for Team GOP just to be safe since you Harris County voters just can't be trusted.

Here is a quality question, Does anyone believe that the Texas GOP (whose calling Biden an Illegitimate POTUS), wouldn't just declare Harris County corrupt, if the Democrats won the state?

Here is an example the GOP would likely follow, The Brooks Brothers Riot in Miami Florida, ON November 19th 2000 which was a Republican Run operation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_Brothers_riot
https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2018/11/15/its-insanity-how-brooks-brothers-riot-killed-recount-miami/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 01:52:30 PM by turnbull »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: May 03, 2023, 02:52:42 PM »
Yikes

When seeing the tweet I thought, "that has to be hyperbole." The proposal in the article is worse than the headline.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: May 03, 2023, 02:57:28 PM »

Harris County had issues keeping up with the amount of paper at polling places on election day, after the governor and state government restricted mail in balloting, which required more people to have to go to polling sites the day of the election.

They are becoming more bold on attempts to steal elections, we don't need to whitewash it.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: May 03, 2023, 03:03:41 PM »

Harris County had issues keeping up with the amount of paper at polling places on election day, after the governor and state government restricted mail in balloting, which required more people to have to go to polling sites the day of the election.

They are becoming more bold on attempts to steal elections, we don't need to whitewash it.

Please, I'm not whitewashing anything. I know better than anyone that Texas has a well-worn history of pushing the boundaries and inviting lawsuits to test the boundaries of what they can get away with in the higher courts. This is just the latest episode. I was merely pointing out that Harris County has an avenue to prevent application of this would-be law in the future. I don't see how the state can apply this retroactively, though.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: May 03, 2023, 03:15:36 PM »

Please, I'm not whitewashing anything. I know better than anyone that Texas has a well-worn history of pushing the boundaries and inviting lawsuits to test the boundaries of what they can get away with in the higher courts. This is just the latest episode. I was merely pointing out that Harris County has an avenue to prevent application of this would-be law in the future. I don't see how the state can apply this retroactively, though.

Again though, why wouldn’t they just lie about it and say any issue they want? That’s the point of this through and through… had they made it apply to every county in Texas… maybe I could buy an argument but strictly targeting a Democrat stronghold in Texas makes it pretty clearly the intent.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: May 03, 2023, 03:17:28 PM »

Again though, why wouldn’t they just lie about it and say any issue they want? That’s the point of this through and through… had they made it apply to every county in Texas… maybe I could buy an argument but strictly targeting a Democrat stronghold in Texas makes it pretty clearly the intent.

I agree it's clear what they're doing and why. They're saying, "Sue me. I dare you."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: May 03, 2023, 06:01:26 PM »

Whitewashing wasn't the correct adjective but it does seem like you're doing some equivocating. I don't get "yeah buting" this, to me this is significantly worse than January 6th

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: May 03, 2023, 06:13:40 PM »
You'll never see me cape up for the Texas Legislature. I'm only saying there's a way to mitigate the damage if this bill becomes law. That's not to say the lege won't pass something else in the future.