Author Topic: Money spent on football recruiting  (Read 1745 times)

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Money spent on football recruiting
« on: December 31, 2020, 03:18:59 PM »
why does KSU spend HALF as much as KU and ISU spend on recruiting? we would literally need to double our spending to be comparative with 2 schools i would expect us to beat in recruiting.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Money spent on football recruiting
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 03:21:30 PM »
Did KU or ISU get Yeast?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 03:25:32 PM »
donate more money kashi

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 04:18:32 PM »
Well KU does no instate recruiting and ISU does very little. I do share your concern with the recruiting classes, I don't think that spending a ton of money is a silver bullet, as evidenced that KU and ISU recruit essentially the same as we do. I would like to see us hire a couple of more people on the recruiting staff.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 04:29:50 PM »
Well KU does no instate recruiting and ISU does very little. I do share your concern with the recruiting classes, I don't think that spending a ton of money is a silver bullet, as evidenced that KU and ISU recruit essentially the same as we do. I would like to see us hire a couple of more people on the recruiting staff.

This has been an issue forever.

It can't imagine that it's a huge financial burden to hire an additional 4 or 5 full-time recruiting staffers.

But, with this staff of losers, I don't think it would make a ton of difference.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 11:06:54 AM »
my point isnt as much about the results as it is the simple fact that everyone in our tier of schools is significantly outspending us. why is that? why are we trying to save money on something our peers are not? are we spending that money somewhere else? it certainly is not on the coaching staff. are we just saving money to put it in reserve for a covid disaster? are we making significantly less revenue so we can't spend as much as our peers?