Author Topic: Chicago  (Read 20953 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago
« Reply #225 on: October 31, 2021, 01:21:05 PM »
I think the last time I was in chitown (Chicago for nonelites) that's where I went.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2021, 01:25:37 PM »
8mp or anyone who'd be there going into the first weekend of November - if I have to go to this place that Wednesday night through Friday noon, worth sticking around Friday afternoon/night and maybe even into Saturday to pak and then fly out Saturday morning?  My happiness is as simple as pounding pitchers of beer at snickers, but more is cool too.  Pounding a pitcher or two less would probably be fine on Thursday night instead/also.
I’m busy Friday, but if you stick around Saturday, I’d go watch the cats pound the ‘Hawks
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 31, 2021, 01:28:37 PM »
Is there somewhere to watch the sunflower showdown  this weekend with fellow cats?
:eye:

Murphy’s Bleachers used to be the place. It appears that they have done watch parties there recently.  I’d go meet up.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 31, 2021, 01:36:56 PM »
8mp or anyone who'd be there going into the first weekend of November - if I have to go to this place that Wednesday night through Friday noon, worth sticking around Friday afternoon/night and maybe even into Saturday to pak and then fly out Saturday morning?  My happiness is as simple as pounding pitchers of beer at snickers, but more is cool too.  Pounding a pitcher or two less would probably be fine on Thursday night instead/also.
I’m busy Friday, but if you stick around Saturday, I’d go watch the cats pound the ‘Hawks

I don't have to do this anymore.  I know I'd be fine around locals and probably on a flight between Chicago and Seattle, but I'm still not ready to do unnecessary travel/conferences that will have me around loads of people that I can't know are vaccinated.

After I posted, I'd found Local H is playing at Metro that Thursday night and would've gone to that.  Go for me!  It was a great time when they played here in a smaller club like that in the before times.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 31, 2021, 01:52:21 PM »
Nice, thanks for the heads up!

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 31, 2021, 09:25:53 PM »
we went to prime and provisions on thursday, one of the better meals i have had in a long time

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.