Author Topic: IRL discussion of who should replace oscar  (Read 23799 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: IRL discussion of who should replace oscar
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2021, 05:08:33 PM »
Brad Stevens is more likely to be coaching at KU next year than KSU.

Also yes on brioche buns.  Once you start using those for burger night it's hard to go back to the plain Kroger brand buns.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2021, 05:13:10 PM »
I seriously wonder what a Martin Scorsese caliber director could do with a leading man like Brad Stevens.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2021, 06:47:28 PM »
Stevens, Brad Stevens. The only way I could forgive him is if he came back and made it right.

Do the right thing, Brad Stevens.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2021, 06:52:44 PM »
Enough with the fired coaches already eff.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2021, 11:26:05 PM »
Is there another Eric Musselman out there?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2021, 09:56:30 AM »
Brad Stevens is more likely to be coaching at KU next year than KSU.

This got me to thinking who is less likely to return as HC, oscar or Bill?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2021, 10:17:13 AM »
We should hire Bill Self.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2021, 10:47:45 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 02, 2021, 09:50:28 PM »
cross mcdermott off the list

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 02, 2021, 09:53:34 PM »
seriously, how oblivious are some of these people...i'm reading the headline thinking "what did these sjws overreact to now" and the find out he basically went ashley schaffer at black biker week...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2021, 03:26:30 AM »
I'm certain there are lots of people screaming about cancel culture and the first amendment, even though homeboy told on himself. Good on him for apologizing and being open about what he said, it was a really stupid analogy.

“Guys, we got to stick together. We need both feet in. I need everybody to stay on the plantation. I can’t have anybody leave the plantation.”

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2021, 10:47:41 AM »
I'm certain there are lots of people screaming about cancel culture and the first amendment, even though homeboy told on himself. Good on him for apologizing and being open about what he said, it was a really stupid analogy.

“Guys, we got to stick together. We need both feet in. I need everybody to stay on the plantation. I can’t have anybody leave the plantation.”
i mean i guess good for him for apologizing, but what in the eff was he talking about in the first place?  that's not a common analogy that i've ever heard.  there's "off the reservation" but that means something else.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2021, 10:58:28 AM »

Nobody is literally screaming that. That's absurd!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2021, 09:17:16 PM »

Nobody is literally screaming that. That's absurd!

I'm judicious about use of the word literally, you should be as well.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2021, 10:51:37 PM »
Good work, MIR! You’re on an impressive streak. I honestly love it. :love:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2021, 12:40:19 AM »
I've changed my mind on Darren Devries. That dude has a more athletic roster at Drake than we do at K-State.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2021, 08:37:55 AM »
I've changed my mind on Darren Devries. That dude has a more athletic roster at Drake than we do at K-State.

Not to mention his kid is a top 100 recruit.  That certainly adds another dynamic.

Sounds like he most certainly is on the short list for Iowa State.
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2021, 10:59:29 AM »

Not to mention his kid is a top 100 recruit.  That certainly adds another dynamic.

I will be shocked if they fire Prohm, dude has an $8 million buyout, that's insane. That and Mr. Potato Head Man has a tendency to hold on to coaches one year too late as opposed to firing them one year too early, well that's everyone but Wayne Morgan.

Speaking of Wayne Morgan, I rough ridin' hate college athletic directors. This is shameful
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/wayne-morgan-1.html

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2021, 11:55:36 AM »
It’s really weird that he got that ISU job after I assume being fired at Long Beach, but wild that he didn’t get another shot
:adios:

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2021, 12:27:07 PM »
Morgan had one good year at Long Beach State and probably didn't deserve the Iowa State head coaching job. But, Larry E. came along and did his Big 12 campus partying tour thing and then Morgan became the coach. I don't remember, but I'm guessing elevating Morgan was a "keep the program together" type of move after what Larry did?

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2021, 01:42:19 PM »

I will be shocked if they fire Prohm, dude has an $8 million buyout, that's insane. That and Mr. Potato Head Man has a tendency to hold on to coaches one year too late as opposed to firing them one year too early, well that's everyone but Wayne Morgan.

Speaking of Wayne Morgan, I rough ridin' hate college athletic directors. This is shameful

I dunno, man.  I've been hearing that he's pretty much gone.  Huge buyout or not.  He's making an insane amount of money for the results he's not managed to get.
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2021, 09:36:34 PM »
Not sure what happened to the thread with the David Richman discussion, but the next coach of the Kansas State Wildcats has his team in the Summit League Championship game on, ESPN2, again, but it doesn't look like they're going to pull this one out.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2021, 10:11:49 PM »

I dunno, man.  I've been hearing that he's pretty much gone.  Huge buyout or not.  He's making an insane amount of money for the results he's not managed to get.

I my money is on TJ O (Runnin’ Rebels HC) coming back for that opening. Unless of course he does what Iowa State does best, win the tourna... nevermind.

Going to “scout” little DeVries Thursday night. I’ll find Darrien and ask if Gene has called yet.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2021, 10:16:36 PM »

I my money is on TJ O (Runnin’ Rebels HC) coming back for that opening. Unless of course he does what Iowa State does best, win the tourna... nevermind.

Going to “scout” little DeVries Thursday night. I’ll find Darrien and ask if Gene has called yet.

Are you going down to the tournament?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2021, 11:07:17 PM »
A whole lot of schools somehow managed to find a lot of buyouts today. It's almost as if finding the money for buyouts isn't a big deal for high major programs, pandemic or not. I'm also sure not a single academic donor at Indiana, Minnesota, and Iowa State had any problem at all with athletic departments spending athletic department money to remove an employee deemed ineffective.