Author Topic: Is this the lowest point KSU B-ball history?  (Read 11627 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the lowest point KSU B-ball history?
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2020, 10:44:52 AM »
That is depressing _FWN but thanks for sharing
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2020, 12:50:00 PM »
Hi fan! Those 90's and early aughts offenses :Yuck:

This year's adjusted D seems like a liar, I don't think it could be worse

The TOR :ROFL:

My kenpom expired on Monday, I was going to renew, but I was like, nah I'm going to take this year off, I don't think I'll be making a habit of checking our numbers often this year.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2020, 01:21:51 PM »
Hi fan! Those 90's and early aughts offenses :Yuck:

This year's adjusted D seems like a liar, I don't think it could be worse

The TOR :ROFL:

My kenpom expired on Monday, I was going to renew, but I was like, nah I'm going to take this year off, I don't think I'll be making a habit of checking our numbers often this year.

Yeah, I have no idea how kenpom has our adjusted D so high. We've allowed 1.24, 1.15, 0.95, 1.08, and 1.11 PPP in 5 games. Total raw PPP allowed 1.11 for the year, but the adjust rate is 0.97. I'm assuming a big part is that FHSU stats count for the raw number, but not the adjusted b/c they are D2 and he doesn't count D2 into his ranking.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2020, 01:39:06 PM »
those graphs remind me of the nebraska cornhusker vanity plates

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2020, 10:57:26 PM »
Ned!

https://themercury.com/k_state_sports/seaton-plumbing-the-ksu-depths/article_8f1b2e0a-bebe-5cb9-855a-6fb5efc7cf19.html
He's gone full Tom Keegan!

I've never heard this term but I'm gonna try to use it in a conversation soon:

I mean….it’s what an editor at The Mercury used to call “prismatically” bad: It’s bad any way you look at it.

Also, he used the term clipped. When I was a kid, the Salina Journal would always have clipped in their sports headlines. Maybe it is making a comeback.

It is clear that Ned reads gE.c. Both the basketball and football boards. Hi, Ned! Remember that time I was in high school and I mowed your lawn once? Well, contrary to what I told you two decades ago, I did not end up becoming a journalist.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2020, 05:41:44 AM »
well oscar is still pulling 3 figures on cameo, so that cant be close to rock bottom

https://www.cameo.com/bruceweber?qid=1607945949

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2020, 08:45:31 AM »
well oscar is still pulling 3 figures on cameo, so that cant be close to rock bottom

:sdeek:

I guess #oscar needs to start selling these things too.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2020, 11:31:41 AM »

:lol:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2020, 11:54:11 AM »
I'm curious about what Trim will get him to say

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2020, 11:59:55 AM »
I'm curious about what Trim will get him to say

Buyer's choice.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2020, 12:02:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure we auctioned this off at a FattyFest before too.  It might've been part of selling that book written by the KSU football player who ended up being a sex offender and having #oscar read a selection, or maybe a personalized message from #oscar to mocat. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2020, 10:19:43 PM »
the team isn't going winless in the big 12, you goofs.  good grief.

Thank you.

Do you dorks feel silly now? Just a preposterous prediction.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2020, 10:25:03 PM »
You guys are so money and you don't even know it. This Brucleus of young players will eventually coalesce into a squad of ballers. This is a proto-superteam.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2020, 10:26:04 PM »
this is a super team, I think you’re right

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2020, 10:56:46 PM »
You guys are so money and you don't even know it. This Brucleus of young players will eventually coalesce into a squad of ballers. This is a proto-superteam.

We're gonna beat your asses too.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2020, 12:15:34 PM »
TODAY'S SPORTS EXTRA
SE: K-State Men's Hoops Does the Little Things in Perfect Start to Big 12 Play
December 17, 2020
By Austin Siegel

Be honest: You were waiting for Iowa State to make a run.

With K-State up double digits but fighting through a second half shooting slump, the Cyclones always seemed on the verge of clawing their way back into Tuesday night's Big 12 opener.

But they never did, and K-State never trailed after the opening minutes of a 74-65 win in Ames.

"I told them before the game, UNLV banks in a three, Fort Hays banks in a three. Those plays happen because your mindset is in the right place," oscar Weber said. "Those are the kind of plays that make a difference."

Is this how we lost those games?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2020, 02:29:24 PM »
he is right in how momentum shifts win games but he's wrong in not accepting responsibility for managing who benefits from the momentum shift.  so in other words, typical oscar

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2020, 03:11:11 PM »
TODAY'S SPORTS EXTRA
December 17, 2020
By Austin Siegel

With K-State up double digits but fighting through a second half shooting slump, the Cyclones always seemed on the verge of clawing their way back into Tuesday night's Big 12 opener.

But they never did, and K-State never trailed after the opening minutes of a 74-65 win in Ames.

"I told them before the game, UNLV banks in a three, Fort Hays banks in a three. Those plays happen because your mindset is in the right place," oscar Weber said. "Those are the kind of plays that make a difference."

UNLV’s Will Spradling alley oop dunked on us on a breakaway and we never recovered.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2020, 08:24:23 PM »
TODAY'S SPORTS EXTRA
December 17, 2020
By Austin Siegel

UNLV’s Will Spradling alley oop dunked on us on a breakaway and we never recovered.

Hate them both

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2021, 04:16:02 PM »

And this is with playing 1 team ranked in the kenpom top 60 so far. We have 14 more games against kenpom top 60 teams and 10 against top 10 teams.

Looks like the Root and Knorr are safe at the bottom with a .167 winning percentage in 33-34 and 45-46 respectively. I think the closest oscar could get this season is .185 (5-22), which is very likely.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2021, 04:36:03 PM »
Curtiss put up a .125 in 22-23.  E.C. is the standard-bearer in futility, and oscar is coming for that ass.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2021, 04:56:51 PM »
Curtiss put up a .125 in 22-23.  E.C. is the standard-bearer in futility, and oscar is coming for that ass.

How can he match this overall?

I did notice Curtiss' 2-14 season was a conference (MVC) only slate, so oscar does have a great opportunity to eclipse that as well as the absolute destruction of the shared conference futility crown of 1-9 (.100) held jointly by KSU giants Chili Cochrane and Cliff Rock in 42-43 and 43-44 respectively.

oscar's likely 1-16 (.059) conference record -- assuming no makeup games -- would be a standard unlikely ever to be matched.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2021, 05:09:38 PM »

I did notice Curtiss' 2-14 season was a conference (MVC) only slate, so oscar does have a great opportunity to eclipse that as well as the absolute destruction of the shared conference futility crown of 1-9 (.100) held jointly by KSU giants Chili Cochrane and Cliff Rock in 42-43 and 43-44 respectively.

oscar's likely 1-16 (.059) conference record -- assuming no makeup games -- would be a standard unlikely ever to be matched.

He can’t get to that .125, but a season in which he’d 1) end The Streak, 2) smash his own record for consecutive Bramlage losses, and 3) set a new undisputed record for consecutive losses overall that previously stood for nearly a century would make oscar the new king IMO.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2021, 05:30:59 PM »

He can’t get to that .125, but a season in which he’d 1) end The Streak, 2) smash his own record for consecutive Bramlage losses, and 3) set a new undisputed record for consecutive losses overall that previously stood for nearly a century would make oscar the new king IMO.

Let’s be honest, EC probably wouldn’t have been able to keep his guys from winning a few more games had his Cats scheduled a few non-con tomato cans. Advantage oscar.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2021, 05:51:16 PM »
Let’s be honest, EC probably wouldn’t have been able to keep his guys from winning a few more games had his Cats scheduled a few non-con tomato cans. Advantage oscar.

True, and that actually leads us to another good point.  oscar did exactly that, and still ended up taking an L to  hays. 

We're really not appreciating enough the history we've been afforded the opportunity to watch*.

*acknowledging a lot of it's been on janky espn+