Author Topic: Is this the lowest point KSU B-ball history?  (Read 11635 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the lowest point KSU B-ball history?
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2020, 10:38:47 PM »
I’d argue this could be a high point in KSU basketball history.

It’s the most engaged I recall the fanbase being in a while.

it's the most fun i've had watching a bball game since we played that maryland team in the tourney.  or the illinois team, whichever one was most recent.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2020, 11:14:26 PM »
oscar's program is a circus, and it needs to hit the road
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2020, 11:22:26 PM »
yes hello oscar? gtfo.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2020, 11:25:07 PM »
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2020, 07:13:29 AM »

Nah because we'll go cheap and shitty. Watch Korn win the regular season OVC and turn that into the job here.

I want to be angry at you for even suggesting this, but the feeling in the bottom of my stomach tells me this is what we'll end up doing. :cry:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2020, 09:10:22 AM »

Nah because we'll go cheap and shitty. Watch Korn win the regular season OVC and turn that into the job here.
I don’t want Kanned Korn guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2020, 09:39:19 AM »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2020, 09:52:33 AM »

I want to be angry at you for even suggesting this, but the feeling in the bottom of my stomach tells me this is what we'll end up doing. :cry:

Gene is going to fire oscar and bring in a SLTH, he will do better than Korn good grief.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2020, 11:42:21 AM »

Gene is going to fire oscar and bring in a SLTH, he will do better than Korn good grief.

Lol, he's not going to fire oscar.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2020, 11:46:45 AM »
You all are way underestimating the goodwill that oscar has with the money people. He beats KU sometimes, he has a couple ships, he does it the "right" way and will never have a scandal. He's going to get 2-3 more years to get these last two classes up and running. I suppose if it all crashes and burns and they all transfer or something it could happen. But outside of another mutiny, oscar has another 2-3 years to achieve some semi respectable results, and if he does then he'll get another cycle to do the same. And honestly, that's probably the right thing to do. We should have hired Brad when we had the chance, but oscar is probably a better option than most for us right now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2020, 11:50:51 AM »
You all are way underestimating the goodwill that oscar has with the money people. He beats KU sometimes, he has a couple ships, he does it the "right" way and will never have a scandal. He's going to get 2-3 more years to get these last two classes up and running. I suppose if it all crashes and burns and they all transfer or something it could happen. But outside of another mutiny, oscar has another 2-3 years to achieve some semi respectable results, and if he does then he'll get another cycle to do the same. And honestly, that's probably the right thing to do. We should have hired Brad when we had the chance, but oscar is probably a better option than most for us right now.

You're underestimating how embarrassing last night was. 0-18 in conferences is a possibility, he's not surviving that.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2020, 11:52:12 AM »

Lol, he's not going to fire oscar.

He most assuredly will

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2020, 11:52:23 AM »

You're underestimating how embarrassing last night was. 0-18 in conferences is a possibility, he's not surviving that.
This has been all the rage this morning. If he goes O’fer, gene will have no option but to #CanHisAss

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2020, 11:55:04 AM »

I have to find it, but I think I talked about that scenario last year during a meltdown. I was pretty sure he would survive going 0fer.  Exciting that we might test that out.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2020, 11:57:32 AM »
First, he won't go 0-fer. Second, yeah, even if he did. Just chalk it up to covid and 2020, oscar has a proven track record, etc. He's not getting fired, you guys.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »
If he goes 0-fer, and doesn't achieve above average results with this freshman class by the time they're juniors, I could see him moving on at that point.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2020, 11:59:04 AM »
First, he won't go 0-fer. Second, yeah, even if he did. Just chalk it up to covid and 2020, oscar has a proven track record, etc. He's not getting fired, you guys.

whomst are we going to beat? not gEing here

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2020, 12:00:10 PM »

We aren’t beating anyone in the big 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2020, 12:01:10 PM »

I'm not sure, but it's so hard to go 0-fer, there will be teams that covid hits hard, oscar is a pretty decent coach, there's a lot of reasons we'll beat someone. Chance being a big one as well. We'll get hot at some point.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2020, 12:03:58 PM »
if someone would have told me at the beginning of 2020 that the football + basketball programs would combine for less than 10 wins...actually you know what i think i probably would have believed it. i think in one of the early season predicto threads i predicted 4-5 wins for the football team and i think 5 wins for this basketball team is the ceiling and its a pretty high ceiling at that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2020, 12:13:11 PM »
What's up guys?

And the answer is yes.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2020, 12:18:49 PM »
Gene has no choice, keeping him is not an option. 

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2020, 12:29:47 PM »
Gene has no choice, keeping him is not an option.

Yup.  I predict Gene will axe him sooner rather than later.  this is gene's chance to hire another friend/family member and grossly overpay him.  He won't run the risk of oscar upsetting KU and making it more difficult.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2020, 12:38:32 PM »
CAN GENE’S ASS FIRST

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2020, 12:39:35 PM »
CAN GENE’S ASS FIRST

Insta fire Myers,Gene,oscar all at once.