Author Topic: I’m Glad The Season Is Over  (Read 6508 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: I’m Glad The Season Is Over
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2020, 09:39:36 AM »
Hubert is probably gone I think
:adios:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2020, 09:40:45 AM »
probably and couldn't blame him.. but could see him sticking around one more year

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2020, 10:12:06 AM »
Interesting season to say the least.  A ton of ups and downs.  As much as it was an emotional rollercoaster for the fans, it was probably double that for the players.

As talented as Hubert is, I think he would benefit long term from sticking it out another year.  He seemed to make a ton of mental errors (penalties and over-pursuing)...but maybe those are no big deal to scouts. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2020, 11:47:59 AM »
Interesting season to say the least.  A ton of ups and downs.  As much as it was an emotional rollercoaster for the fans, it was probably double that for the players.

As talented as Hubert is, I think he would benefit long term from sticking it out another year.  He seemed to make a ton of mental errors (penalties and over-pursuing)...but maybe those are no big deal to scouts.

It rarely works like that, sticking it out for another year to improve stock. He's been out of high school for four years already and he'll be 23 years old when next football season starts. He's probably at the peak, if not beyond it, for his skill development as a college football player.

I don't think those things you pointed out will be a big deal, if anything his inability to help with run defense will be his biggest negative, but that isn't something he's been asked to do, especially this season. That isn't something that will be fixed by staying here another year. It's all about his measurables at this point.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2020, 12:31:08 PM »

Him and Briley shouldn’t even suit up for the bowl game, they should be balls to the wall trying to gear up for Pro Day and a long shot combine invite.  Thank you for your service gentleman go get paid.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2020, 12:35:21 PM »
Agreed. Unless we are playing a game against Nebraska. It's definitely worth putting a professional career at risk to avoid the potential embarrassment of losing to them.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2020, 01:08:17 PM »
i think nebraska would even beat us right now, i would hate that humiliation

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2020, 01:41:33 PM »
I'd rather lose to a Nebraska team that no one cares about than a navy team no one cares about
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2020, 01:43:22 PM »
nebraska would be my dream bowl game my goodness

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2020, 01:46:30 PM »
i would be fine with a bowl game but we need to like, irl market it as a JV game or "come watch the freshman team" or some crap like that

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2020, 01:48:57 PM »

Even just being a passing down guy can be pretty valuable to an NFL team.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2020, 02:26:09 PM »
Honestly our best-case scenario is accepting a bowl game, framing it publicly as a LOL game, getting in the 19 extra practices, and then right before the game the other team cancels because of Covid or injuries or whatever. We get the extra practices, yet we don't have to watch this team.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2020, 02:39:50 PM »
Honestly our best-case scenario is accepting a bowl game, framing it publicly as a LOL game, getting in the 19 extra practices, and then right before the game the other team cancels because of Covid or injuries or whatever. We get the extra practices, yet we don't have to watch this team.

Only thing I would change is somehow the players get the gift package from the bowl prior to cancellation.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2020, 02:41:36 PM »

this is the correct answer

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2020, 02:52:58 PM »
I'm just glad we got to participate in another round of "Stud's N Dud's" which is quick becoming one of my favorite things about CFB season.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2020, 02:58:48 PM »

Only thing I would change is somehow the players get the gift package from the bowl prior to cancellation.

True. And if our sadthletic department somehow K-State0s this up by hanging a banner about making a bowl game this season, all is lost and it wasn't worth it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2020, 03:08:40 PM »
was the longest and shortest season of all time.. can't believe we lost to arkansas state at home and beat OU in norman, wild ride.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2020, 03:09:46 PM »

True. And if our sadthletic department somehow K-State0s this up by hanging a banner about making a bowl game this season, all is lost and it wasn't worth it.

You know they will.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2020, 03:22:14 PM »
Beers at BSFS??
Here is my card and keep the tab going sir!

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2020, 03:35:28 PM »
i heard Hubert made the decision to go pro before this season even started. He is definitely good but might be overrated by local fans. He is very consistent at disappearing for long stretches of games. and also being very undisciplined. I can see him getting drafted but not real high

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2020, 03:37:27 PM »
i heard Hubert made the decision to go pro before this season even started. He is definitely good but might be overrated by local fans. He is very consistent at disappearing for long stretches of games. and also being very undisciplined. I can see him getting drafted but not real high
every party has its pooper, that's why we invited you kashi1965

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2020, 04:46:24 PM »
every party has its pooper, that's why we invited you kashi1965

kashi1965 throwing out truth bombs.  Hubert needs more coaching otherwise he will have a short NFL career.  I very much want to see Hubert succeed at the next level and he looked raw all season.   
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2020, 05:22:56 PM »
Hubert lead the league in sacks and is going to be 1st team all big 12 for the second year in a row.  He has accomplished all he can at this level it’s time to gtfo and play 3-5 years in the NFL  and make 4-5 million dollars.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2020, 05:32:01 PM »
I thought he said after the last game he'd be announcing his decision in a couple weeks.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2020, 07:56:36 PM »
I thought he said after the last game he'd be announcing his decision in a couple weeks.
he hasn't publicly announced yet but its been assumed by those around him that he decided to go pro a long time ago. for some reason, kids just like to keep their decisions private for as long as possible. i think he will definitely get drafted for the sacks alone. but i think the other things will keep him from going as high as he might wish. I watched him a lot this year and he seemed intent on selling out on the pass rush on virtually every play. At times he was a liability. But a NFL coach might think thats easily fixable. i think he spent this season trying to get sacks at all costs to try to enhance his NFL prospects. It worked out OK for him. I think he could have helped the team more than he did by not chasing his individual sack numbers the whole season. But i do hope he kicks ass in the NFL.