Author Topic: RIP Metalhead  (Read 9461 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Metalhead
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2020, 11:27:41 AM »
So many of my memories of the Royals and their World Series runs are attached to Brady. If I remember correctly, seven, MetalHead and I started a "USA! USA! USA!" chant at Mae's once we won the series against the Blue Jays. There are few stories in my entire life that make me smile that big when I share it with others. eff, when I think about it.

Lol, we also sang the national anthem. I hadn't thought about that in a while.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2020, 12:04:49 PM »
Thoughts to all of you guys who were close to him. I also didn't get to know him as well as I obviously should have but he was a "must see" at FF and I would always make my way over to his table to chop it up. This is just extremely sad

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2020, 10:06:26 PM »
Really sorry guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2020, 09:00:56 AM »
awful

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2020, 12:25:44 PM »
Really sad news. I've been largely inactive on the board the past few years, and I didn't even know he was battling this disease. I only interacted with MH IRL a couple of times, but enjoyed his company. I'm very sorry for those of you who were close to him.

Grief and loss are inevitable parts of the human experience, and there are lots of places we can take them.  I agree with Stevesie, I'm available to talk about real stuff anytime. If anyone on this board is in a spot where your grief is moving past sadness into something more desperate or you'd just like to process loss, I'm a pretty good listener and would be available. Dealing with hard things like this is part of my job now. If not me, then reach out to someone- even just to express your emotions outwardly so you don't sit alone with them.

RIP Metalhead.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2020, 12:30:22 PM »
Really sad news. I've been largely inactive on the board the past few years, and I didn't even know he was battling this disease. I only interacted with MH IRL a couple of times, but enjoyed his company. I'm very sorry for those of you who were close to him.

Grief and loss are inevitable parts of the human experience, and there are lots of places we can take them.  I agree with Stevesie, I'm available to talk about real stuff anytime. If anyone on this board is in a spot where your grief is moving past sadness into something more desperate or you'd just like to process loss, I'm a pretty good listener and would be available. Dealing with hard things like this is part of my job now. If not me, then reach out to someone- even just to express your emotions outwardly so you don't sit alone with them.

RIP Metalhead.

Great post. 

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2020, 08:13:50 PM »
Brady's sister is in the process of trying to get a gE account (Saul!!!), but in the meantime she wants to let everyone know who hasn't seen it on facebook already that she's planning a toast via zoom or similar on Brady's birthday January 23rd either all at around 10:30 a.m. or throughout the course of the day.

So, not that most of us need more encouragement, but plan on drinking a beer(s) that Saturday.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2020, 11:45:23 PM »
gE posters should all be moved to 1a chip'n group so we can respect-pak for our guy Brady at mhk brewing on the 23rd

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2020, 12:23:18 AM »

RIP Metalhead.

Great post.

Yes.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2020, 10:59:35 AM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2020, 12:05:13 PM »
 Link to the local funeral home obit page. This one is prob better.

https://www.davidsonfuneral.com/obituary/brady-smith

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2020, 12:26:27 PM »
For the differences we may have, it's always great to see this community come together. I've thoroughly enjoyed meeting a few of you in person over the years. Wish I'd known your friend. My condolences on your loss.

Offline msmithkansas

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2020, 04:31:40 PM »
This is Metalhead’s sister, Megan. Hello to my recently adopted friends. If you were Brady’s friend you are now welcome to be my friend. Hope that’s okay. Sorry to meet y’all under these circumstances. A couple of you I already know but I wanted to say thanks for being Brady’s friend and creating this thread to remember him. Here’s a link to the event I created. I hope you can join in. https://fb.me/e/Dp5CsknW My parents and I all have plans to revisit MHK when it’s a bit more safe to do so. We want to actually be able to meet up with a lot of y’all in person. Again, thanks for the love and support and sharing memories of my brother. It means a lot to us that you all took the time out to create this space for him. 💜

:kstatriot:
Go Cats!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2020, 04:49:25 PM »
I'm very sorry for you and your family's loss Megan. Thank you for posting the link and thank you for stopping by here.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2020, 11:07:30 PM »
This is Metalhead’s sister, Megan. Hello to my recently adopted friends. If you were Brady’s friend you are now welcome to be my friend. Hope that’s okay. Sorry to meet y’all under these circumstances. A couple of you I already know but I wanted to say thanks for being Brady’s friend and creating this thread to remember him. Here’s a link to the event I created. I hope you can join in. https://fb.me/e/Dp5CsknW My parents and I all have plans to revisit MHK when it’s a bit more safe to do so. We want to actually be able to meet up with a lot of y’all in person. Again, thanks for the love and support and sharing memories of my brother. It means a lot to us that you all took the time out to create this space for him. 💜

Go Cats!

Looking forward to seeing you and all of Brady’s family and friends at the toast, thanks for setting that up. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to help.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2020, 11:39:52 PM »
Hello new friend!  I will pass on this link to Facebook-have’n Ms Tobias and look forward to this

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2020, 04:26:32 PM »

Go Cats!

Thanks Megan, I am working on a deal with Manhattan Brewing for Brady's bday and Adam is working on brewing The Juicy for that.  Obviously understand if the family won't be coming down to MHK that soon with the pandemic, but we can probably send along pics and check in on the zoom.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2020, 09:19:49 PM »
Boulevard is brewing a beer for Brady’s birthday.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2020, 10:16:23 PM »
Great to hear. If any KC people can procure some for me, that would be very nice
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2020, 10:23:20 PM »
yes, I would love to hear more about it from someone who knows more

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2020, 10:39:32 PM »

I’ll reach out and try and find out more. Would love for this to become an annual celebration.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2020, 10:44:00 PM »

I’ll reach out and try and find out more. Would love for this to become an annual celebration.

:thumbs:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2020, 10:52:05 PM »
This could be a pipe dream, but Zipline brewery in Omaha has collaborated with Boulevard before. Maybe we could get them to brew a batch for Omaha cats like SD, Havs and NeymarCat

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2020, 11:06:25 PM »
I'd drive down the highway to Omaha to scoop a batch up too.