Author Topic: 8 years ago  (Read 3417 times)

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 8 years ago
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 04:42:16 PM »
I remember the excitement i had waiting for the 93 highlight tape.  Wore it out.

Media guides 93-97 barely hold together.  I haven't cracked the spine on a press guide since 2005.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 8 years ago
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2020, 01:49:45 AM »
I watched the '98 highlight tape awhile back.

Two things that were painfully apparent:

1. We are lightyears away from having that kind of talent anywhere near our roster.

2. I am v v jealous of folks that got to attend dear ol' EMAW-U during that time. Can't imagine how much fun campus was during that season.

:blush: not to brag but not only was I on campus then but I kicked it with a lot of the dudes from that '98 team because I went to GCCC with Jeff Kelly, Darnell McDonald, and Frank Murphy. I also worked with Milford Stevenson at the rec. My roommate was also buddies with James Garcia who was always at our apartment on Bluemont, across from the artist formally known as Arby's, playing Gran Tourismo, including after the Nebraska game.

Back then the rec would open after football games, that night we were open from 7 to either 9 or 10. I was late to work because I got to get pretty close to the post game Gameday set, that was moved to the open area NE of the stadium. They interviewed Jeff, and I yelled out his nickname, Big Worm, he looked out at the crowd and he and Fowler both laughed, it was awesome. Anyway I eventually made my way to work, literally three people came in the rest of the night, all older alumni. I didn't get to walk the goalposts to Aggieville. So anyway, I get home after work and there is my roommate with James Garcia and Bish playing PlayStation. They didn't stay for much longer after I got there, maybe half an hour. They went to wherever they were going and we walked to Lucky's to meet up with a girl I literally started dating two days before. 1996-1998 was an absolutely magical time in my life. Also I got to be in LHC Bill Snyder's leadership studies book.