Author Topic: So...LSU  (Read 6198 times)

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: So...LSU
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 09:14:30 PM »
We play Baylor 3 times a year in things I care about, and we play LSU never in my life. There are tons of things worth getting outraged about in the world, but you kinda have to pick and choose to fit it all in.
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2020, 09:17:17 PM »
i’m just here to defend lsu and condemn baylor, just like everyone else here because of course we didn’t care about the victims and only were mad because baylor beat us in a football game

this thread is a sanctimonious pile of dogshit

You seem really mad, you good?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2020, 09:23:29 PM »
We play Baylor 3 times a year in things I care about, and we play LSU never in my life. There are tons of things worth getting outraged about in the world, but you kinda have to pick and choose to fit it all in.

I appreciate the candor. Don't tell pissclams, apparently pointing out all the sanctimony and finger wagging to Baylor was more about settling football scores and less about caring for the effected women, is a sanctimonious cross that must be bared. If we're not allowed to call this out, you can't be allowed to admit to doing it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2020, 08:33:22 AM »
Please post below if your outrage and disgust with the culture at Baylor university was derived entirely and exclusively by their beatdown of K-State in 2012.

Also, please confirm that your disgust with Baylor was derived from a purely sanctimonious, dare I say finger pointing perspective. Not by the fact that Baylor was one of, if not the most egregious mishandlings of sexual assault, sexual predation, systemic misogyny, outright abuse and institution wide corruption ever witnessed in the history of U.S. higher education and athletics.  Not to mention a university that created a culture that enabled an environment where people were . . . murdered.  On top of being a university that completely and quite clearly disavowed the entirety of the values in which they supposedly espouse/adhere and (allegedly) serve as the bedrock of their institution in order to protect their football team and athletic department.

I ask that you also confirm that your disgust with Baylor precludes you from being engaged in, aware of, and not the least bit concerned about similar activities at K-State or any other institution of higher learning.   

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:36:42 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2020, 08:46:32 AM »
Please post below if your outrage and disgust with the culture at Baylor university was derived entirely and exclusively by their beatdown of K-State in 2012.

Also, please confirm that your disgust with Baylor was derived from a purely sanctimonious, dare I say finger pointing perspective. Not by the fact that Baylor was one of, if not the most egregious mishandlings of sexual assault, sexual predation, systemic misogyny, outright abuse and institution wide corruption ever witnessed in the history of U.S. higher education and athletics.  Not to mention a university that created a culture that enabled an environment where people were . . . murdered.  On top of being a university that completely and quite clearly disavowed the entirety of the values in which they supposedly espouse/adhere and (allegedly) serve as the bedrock of their institution in order to protect their football team and athletic department.

I ask that you also confirm that your disgust with Baylor precludes you from being engaged in, aware of, and not the least bit concerned about similar activities at K-State or any other institution of higher learning.

at the risk of sounding like a "mind reader" i'm going to go out on a limb and say that carlton dotson's choice to commit murder was because he wanted to murder and not a product of the culture that had been created around him at baylor university.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2020, 08:51:22 AM »

at the risk of sounding like a "mind reader" i'm going to go out on a limb and say that carlton dotson's choice to commit murder was because he wanted to murder and not a product of the culture that had been created around him at baylor university.

That's true and I should amend that to being a school that as I recall enabled a basketball coach to try and cover it up.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2020, 10:55:14 AM »

That's true and I should amend that to being a school that as I recall enabled a basketball coach to try and cover it up.

That's 1000% false. Bliss was fired the week the allegations were made. They even fired the athletic director who, to this day, has never been implicated in wrongdoing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2020, 11:06:55 AM »

That's 1000% false. Bliss was fired the week the allegations were made. They even fired the athletic director who, to this day, has never been implicated in wrongdoing.

That doesn't mean crap.  You had a basketball coach who felt he was at a place he could go away with the cover-up.

Using factual history as our guide, he had ample reason to believe that given the culture that we now know with 1000% certainty existed within the hierarchy of oversight at the university.

Your OP and entire (typical) performance in this thread has been :lol: :lol: bullshit (as usual)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 11:48:20 AM »

That doesn't mean crap.  You had a basketball coach who felt he was at a place he could go away with the cover-up.

Using factual history as our guide, he had ample reason to believe that given the culture that we now know with 1000% certainty existed within the hierarchy of oversight at the university.

Your OP and entire (typical) performance in this thread has been :lol: :lol: bullshit (as usual)

Just to be clear here, you stated that Baylor created an environment that allowed Carlton Dotson to murder Patrick Dennehy and enabled Dave Bliss to cover up said murder. That is unquestionably and verifiably false. Then you spoke to his state of mind, which obviously trying to go back 17 years ago to read the mind of someone we knew little to nothing about, is silly at best.

I don't care what you think about my entire (typical) "performance," but your entire argument with tying what Bliss did to the Baylor administration is based on a couple of straight mistruths, then supported by an opinion that is essentially a fairy tale.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2020, 12:28:50 PM »

I appreciate the candor. Don't tell pissclams, apparently pointing out all the sanctimony and finger wagging to Baylor was more about settling football scores and less about caring for the effected women, is a sanctimonious cross that must be bared. If we're not allowed to call this out, you can't be allowed to admit to doing it.

MiR there are women abused throughout society all over the world, yet you aren't here posting about it every day, just when LSU has a scandal. I wonder why? Maybe because this is a discussion forum centered on college athletics? In particular, a college athletics program in the Big 12?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2020, 01:01:08 PM »

Just to be clear here, you stated that Baylor created an environment that allowed Carlton Dotson to murder Patrick Dennehy and enabled Dave Bliss to cover up said murder. That is unquestionably and verifiably false. Then you spoke to his state of mind, which obviously trying to go back 17 years ago to read the mind of someone we knew little to nothing about, is silly at best.

I don't care what you think about my entire (typical) "performance," but your entire argument with tying what Bliss did to the Baylor administration is based on a couple of straight mistruths, then supported by an opinion that is essentially a fairy tale.

Thanks for your opinion, but I have viewed Baylor as a corruption enabling culture hiding behind their perverted Christian values . . . for decades.   In my viewpoint, Dave Bliss absolutely felt as though he could make it through to the other side precisely because of that institutions long history of hiding behind their private religious school veil.   

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2020, 01:07:51 PM »

MiR there are women abused throughout society all over the world, yet you aren't here posting about it every day, just when LSU has a scandal. I wonder why? Maybe because this is a discussion forum centered on college athletics? In particular, a college athletics program in the Big 12?

Maybe I'm being inarticulate, although trim seemed to get the point. I think we agree here. Whenever this is discussed as it relates to Baylor people act like it's a Baylor issue and not a societal one, my only point is that it's not a Baylor problem and "kicking them out" won't solve a damn thing other than to make some people feel as if it was some retribution of a Saturday November night nearly a decade ago. There's still a substantial amount of people who think that Baylor represented some one off and are in need of a punishment.

As far as the sports angle goes, the only thing that makes what happened at Baylor more significant here than what's currently happening to the defending national champion is November 17, 2012. It's cool that now everyone seems to be comfortable with this fact, it's never been the case the several times this has come up before.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2020, 01:09:49 PM »

Thanks for your opinion, but I have viewed Baylor as a corruption enabling culture hiding behind their perverted Christian values . . . for decades.   In my viewpoint, Dave Bliss absolutely felt as though he could make it through to the other side precisely because of that institutions long history of hiding behind their private religious school veil.   

If it's not presented as a fact I have no problem with this opinion, I don't know enough to even rebut its merits.

Online 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2020, 01:20:30 PM »

Maybe I'm being inarticulate, although trim seemed to get the point. I think we agree here. Whenever this is discussed as it relates to Baylor people act like it's a Baylor issue and not a societal one, my only point is that it's not a Baylor problem and "kicking them out" won't solve a damn thing other than to make some people feel as if it was some retribution of a Saturday November night nearly a decade ago. There's still a substantial amount of people who think that Baylor represented some one off and are in need of a punishment.

As far as the sports angle goes, the only thing that makes what happened at Baylor more significant here than what's currently happening to the defending national champion is November 17, 2012. It's cool that now everyone seems to be comfortable with this fact, it's never been the case the several times this has come up before.
This was also a sports BBS back then
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2020, 01:36:13 PM »
I don't know why you're upset we'd give an in conference opponent the business, for a lifetime of "WTF's?!" and more attention vs another corrupt school down the road in a different conference. They should all rot in hell. Good point.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2020, 01:36:44 PM »

It's absolutely because they're in our conference/closer to our orbit and therefore more likely to be discussed, regardless of one game. Just like a college football scandal is more likely to be discussed than an NBA one. Or a sports scandal is more likely to be discussed than a corporate scandal. You get the idea.

Also I don't think anyone reading this thread today thinks campus rape culture is/was purely a Baylor thing.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2020, 01:40:56 PM »
Weird thread

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2020, 01:47:07 PM »
Personally, a football game in 2012 has no bearing on my feelings about kicking Baylor out of the conference.

Mir, you make some good points otherwise, but that part is semi-offensive that you assume people who disagree with you only care about a game instead of victims.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2020, 01:50:47 PM »
Is ESPN not blowing this story up? If not maybe you should contact them

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2020, 01:50:56 PM »
Personally, a football game in 2012 has no bearing on my feelings about kicking Baylor out of the conference.

Mir, you make some good points otherwise, but that part is semi-offensive that you assume people who disagree with you only care about a game instead of victims.
This. I haven't thought twice about 2012 in like a long time. '98 lives in my dome 24/7/365. They haven't carried themselves well for awhile in this conference. We're going to make fun of them, just like we do every other school in the Big 12. eff'em!

Also, my Baylor hatred started more when they started landing top 10 classes out of nowhere in bball, in the middle of nowhere. That's when I really started thinking "WTF?!" to myself.

Online waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2020, 01:54:30 PM »
I actually somewhat back what ChiComCat said, I actually have more promise that football programs can clean their house, before the larger universities. I believe most coaches aren't like Art Briles and apparently Coach O and will boot a football player who's proven to be a danger to the community.
I was merely 13 at the time so I admittedly do not remember all of the details but were you outraged at LHC Bill Snyder when he let an accused Ell Roberson play in the Fiesta Bowl? Wasn't Bill's explanation for letting him play something to the effect of the whole team shouldn't be punished for an individual's actions? I am admittedly stirring the pot here but it seems relevant.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2020, 01:57:43 PM »
Baylor released emails where administrators described the victims as "perverted tarts" and wanted to expel them for violating school policy.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2020, 02:01:49 PM »
i’m just here to defend lsu and condemn baylor, just like everyone else here because of course we didn’t care about the victims and only were mad because baylor beat us in a football game

this thread is a sanctimonious pile of dogshit

You seem really mad, you good?
that's not really mad or mad
what did i type that allowed you to conclude that? 

i'm sure when you constructed this thread in your mind, it seemed like a better idea than how it came across to many of us though
which is fine, happens in the life of a pro-bbs'r

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2020, 04:52:23 PM »

Also I don't think anyone reading this thread today thinks campus rape culture is/was purely a Baylor thing.

I mean the threads are still there, it's not like I'm making this up, there was plenty of "only at Baylor and Penn State" talk going on.

Siete, it's has nothing to do with who agrees with me or doesn't, and your summation is an oversimplification. There are people on this very page who have said that they cared more about Baylor than what happened at LSU. That doesn't make these people inherently bad, but it's an implication that rooting interests has infiltrated the conversation about violence against women on campus, and while this very well may be human nature, I think we can all agree that rooting interests have no place in these conversations.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2020, 04:57:54 PM »
I actually somewhat back what ChiComCat said, I actually have more promise that football programs can clean their house, before the larger universities. I believe most coaches aren't like Art Briles and apparently Coach O and will boot a football player who's proven to be a danger to the community.
I was merely 13 at the time so I admittedly do not remember all of the details but were you outraged at LHC Bill Snyder when he let an accused Ell Roberson play in the Fiesta Bowl? Wasn't Bill's explanation for letting him play something to the effect of the whole team shouldn't be punished for an individual's actions? I am admittedly stirring the pot here but it seems relevant.

I don't remember how I felt about Ell playing at the time, everything happened so fast. I do know that he was suspended for a curfew violation and not related to the rape accusation. He also was legally cleared very quickly, like two days after the accusation if I remember correctly.

You didn't ask but what Bill did to Ell after they got back to Manhattan was disgusting and it should have been a fireable offense. He let western kansas hicks make a decision for him that could have ruined Ell's life, thankfully it didn't.