Author Topic: OSU game thread  (Read 6538 times)

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: OSU game thread
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2020, 06:17:04 PM »
So tell me about Rubley

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2020, 06:18:40 PM »
Just like Prince's second year :onho:

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »

We are a QB and 2 wideouts away from being a pretty good team

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2020, 06:23:26 PM »

Could imagine this team with a sophomore Josh Freeman? CFP Bound.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2020, 06:24:23 PM »
The choice to suck absolute crap in the 2nd half was an interesting adjustment I’m surprised it didn’t work out

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2020, 06:26:10 PM »
The choice to suck absolute crap in the 2nd half was an interesting adjustment I’m surprised it didn’t work out

You referring to the offense? I believe they overachieved in the first half. The defense was rough ridin' great outside of Ross Elder bullfighting with their running back.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2020, 06:33:41 PM »

You referring to the offense? I believe they overachieved in the first half. The defense was rough ridin' great outside of Ross Elder bullfighting with their running back.
the D was pretty stout with a few exceptions. Elder actually getting in the game is baffling based on his play. KSU has HUGE roster holes to fill. With just an adequate QB KState wins that game. But i blame the coaches for needing a true frosh QB to be the backup. other programs go out and get a juco to be a backup. Howard is too weak physically right now to be playing at this time. and he can not see the field in the passing game

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2020, 06:40:52 PM »

the D was pretty stout with a few exceptions. Elder actually getting in the game is baffling based on his play. KSU has HUGE roster holes to fill. With just an adequate QB KState wins that game. But i blame the coaches for needing a true frosh QB to be the backup. other programs go out and get a juco to be a backup. Howard is too weak physically right now to be playing at this time. and he can not see the field in the passing game

Kashi, the reason a true freshman is the backup is because the true freshman is better than the other quarterbacks on the roster. You think some slap dick QB from Coffeyville and just stroll in and play quarterback in the Big 12? If he could I assure you he'd be starting in the MAC or Sun Belt or some crap.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2020, 06:51:23 PM »

Yes mir I’m referring to the offense we literally did not get a first down in the 3rd quarter there is no excuse for that

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2020, 07:04:45 PM »

Yes mir I’m referring to the offense we literally did not get a first down in the 3rd quarter there is no excuse for that

Just checking. Mess got too conservative. For three quarters I thought he called a very creative game, too many wheel routes for my taste, but whatever. That third quarter he called the game like we had a 50 point lead against KU.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2020, 08:19:08 PM »

Kashi, the reason a true freshman is the backup is because the true freshman is better than the other quarterbacks on the roster. You think some slap dick QB from Coffeyville and just stroll in and play quarterback in the Big 12? If he could I assure you he'd be starting in the MAC or Sun Belt or some crap.
i know that. there should be better QBs on the roster. there should not be a QB situation where we would have to rely on a true freshman to play. Most other programs have at least 2 QBs who are somewhat competitive with each other in terms of skill. as with many of our positions KSU basically has a 1 deep roster. Thats a big problem. and it appears its going to continue to be a problem for at least several more years.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2020, 08:39:54 PM »
We have the best HS recruit we've had in forever coming on next year

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2020, 08:55:28 PM »
The only thing I'm really upset with about this game was going for 2 in the first half. We should have at least lived to play in overtime.  I still believe Howard will be good next year.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2020, 09:50:50 PM »
Bizarre game but I’m not even mad. OSU is legit pretty good and we wizarded a loss. Program still rising imo
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2020, 05:05:10 AM »
Rollercoaster of emotions there in the end. Would've liked a win but my expectations were for the Cats getting an ass whipping. So, less disappointment.

I look forward to the next Cats game.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2020, 07:56:38 PM »
Big time moral victory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk