Author Topic: Portal Kombat  (Read 160443 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Portal
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2020, 07:00:18 AM »
:ksu:
It is way longer/worse than that

Can someone briefly summarize
He has been negative about the staff/team on IG live or stories or something. I looked at his Twitter and it seems pretty benign but KSO gets really butthurt over it and obsesses over everything he posts.

You know exactly what that's about, most college football fans don't actually like or care about the players at all, they are laundry and laundry isn't entitled to opinions and should be blindly loyal.

So I'm guessing Alexander's Mississippi State offer was for a walk on spot?
I can’t personally vouch but a couple of connected people say he’s been negatively recruiting guys. TC, etc.
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2020, 07:50:25 AM »
He straight up said the staff stopped recruiting him after he opted out of the season. I don't know how much bitchier you can get than that.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2020, 08:01:56 AM »
Rumor is he was trying to get multiple guys to leave the program after the staff did not allow him to come back after the OU win.. Then him and others were reaching out to members of the recruiting class telling them to not sign w/ K-State.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2020, 05:32:43 PM »

He has been negative about the staff/team on IG live or stories or something. I looked at his Twitter and it seems pretty benign but KSO gets really butthurt over it and obsesses over everything he posts.

You know exactly what that's about, most college football fans don't actually like or care about the players at all, they are laundry and laundry isn't entitled to opinions and should be blindly loyal.

I can’t personally vouch but a couple of connected people say he’s been negatively recruiting guys. TC, etc.

I wasn't caping up for Alexander, I'm also not buying all the rumors listed here, we've seen enough of damaging wrong rumors about players that fans will just float for shits and giggles. There is enough evidence out there by just reading Alexander's social media that he hates the staff. I was just speaking generally why some people are clearly unreasonably pissed at a college student for being a college student.

BTW even if all the rumors listed here are true, so what, I'd assume most players who transfer have bad things to say about the place they're leaving, they aren't leaving because they are satisfied. It also stands to reason that many transfers want their friends to leave with them.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2020, 12:04:22 PM »

I wasn't caping up for Alexander, I'm also not buying all the rumors listed here, we've seen enough of damaging wrong rumors about players that fans will just float for shits and giggles. There is enough evidence out there by just reading Alexander's social media that he hates the staff. I was just speaking generally why some people are clearly unreasonably pissed at a college student for being a college student.

BTW even if all the rumors listed here are true, so what, I'd assume most players who transfer have bad things to say about the place they're leaving, they aren't leaving because they are satisfied. It also stands to reason that many transfers want their friends to leave with them.
Yeah I don't know if JA is a good person or not -- how the hell would I know?

But I do think that, for whatever reason, he's hurting this thing I like and am interested in (K-State FB) so for that, i don't like him.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2020, 02:38:02 PM »
One time I tweeted "What is going on?!! #Kstate" after like our 10th transfer and he liked the tweet. We don't even follow each other.  :frown:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2020, 03:14:12 PM »

Yeah I don't know if JA is a good person or not -- how the hell would I know?

But I do think that, for whatever reason, he's hurting this thing I like and am interested in (K-State FB) so for that, i don't like him.

Yep, that's the point. No one thinks you need to love the dude. He's also not doing the slightest bit of damage to K-State football. If he is the coaches are a bigger problem that anyone thinks. Iowa put together a top 25 recruiting class after having one of the worst off-seasons a football team has had in some time, the head coach is literally a defendant in a current racial discrimination lawsuit from players people have actually heard of.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2020, 03:23:54 PM »
Why do people leave negative reviews on Yelp?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2020, 05:11:58 PM »
Supposedly he did like an Instagram live and talked crap on the program and wanted recruits to ask him questions to convince them of why they shouldn't come?

So we say they're rumors, but a glimpse of what he did was viewed by fans, I THINK?

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2020, 05:37:14 PM »
as other poster stated. it shouldn't matter. Iowa had big time racial catastrophe and still brutally beat our ass in recruiting. other teams have finished last in their league for years and severely out recruit us. maybe we need some horrific stuff to happen to us? it really couldn't hurt our recruiting that much

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2020, 06:55:39 PM »
as other poster stated. it shouldn't matter. Iowa had big time racial catastrophe and still brutally beat our ass in recruiting. other teams have finished last in their league for years and severely out recruit us. maybe we need some horrific stuff to happen to us? it really couldn't hurt our recruiting that much

yeah lol this is the only point worth following here

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2020, 08:16:23 PM »
I'm not gonna make too many excuses for our recruiting but Iowa carries more cache than kstate dudes.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2020, 08:59:51 PM »
I'm not gonna make too many excuses for our recruiting but Iowa carries more cache than kstate dudes.

No it doesn't. If it does, it shouldn't. How many coaches in this country are scared of being out recruited by Iowa? lol, Iowa.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2020, 09:26:14 PM »
you hire coaches that can overcome cache. if they can't overcome cache then they weren't the right hires.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2020, 10:00:36 PM »

No it doesn't. If it does, it shouldn't. How many coaches in this country are scared of being out recruited by Iowa? lol, Iowa.

I haven't looked this up, but I'd be willing to bet that their recruiting rankings have been better than ours every year for the last 30 years.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2020, 10:59:51 PM »

I haven't looked this up, but I'd be willing to bet that their recruiting rankings have been better than ours every year for the last 30 years.

There haven't been recruiting rankings for that long. Snyder 1.0 definitely out recruited Iowa, the rankings didn't exist then but you can see the statuses of the programs and the number of players in the league to see we were 'crutin better. The rankings started in '02 and then and '04 we had top 15 classes.

After '04 we didn't recruit for crap and yeah they have been better than us since then, but that isn't due to some magical pull to Iowa City, Iowa, it's just as isolated as Manhattan, that's like my friend kashi says is all about the coaches at each program. Minnesota, Missouri, Ole Miss, and Oklahoma State are some pretty obvious examples of this.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2020, 11:08:59 PM »
MIR Iowa's stadium holds 70k and their budget is like, 20m more annually than K-State.  They've also been winning quite a bit more than K-State over the last 10 years.

Anyway this is a tangent.  JA became a foe of K-State football, and i'm a K-State fan so that's why I don't like him.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2020, 11:19:54 PM »
I don’t like him either. And Kirk ferentz would agree with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2020, 11:44:46 PM »
MIR Iowa's stadium holds 70k and their budget is like, 20m more annually than K-State.  They've also been winning quite a bit more than K-State over the last 10 years.

What does any of that have to do with Kansas State's poor recruiting the last 15 years?

By the way the last 10 years Iowa has 79 wins, Kansas State has 76 and a conference championship.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2020, 12:42:07 AM »
If Iowa lands a top 25 class for '21 it would be their first since????

I went back a ways and didn't find one.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2020, 12:46:21 AM »

It's pretty rare for them to crack the top 40

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 31, 2020, 01:00:22 AM »

247 has them at 23.

Pitt, Arkansas, and Maryland are all right about Iowa, it's really frustrating, that we're 30 spots away from those schools.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2020, 04:54:52 AM »

247 has them at 23.

Pitt, Arkansas, and Maryland are all right about Iowa, it's really frustrating, that we're 30 spots away from those schools.

Especially painful that they beat our ass for Beau Stephens out of the KC Metro
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 31, 2020, 07:27:42 AM »

What does any of that have to do with Kansas State's poor recruiting the last 15 years?

By the way the last 10 years Iowa has 79 wins, Kansas State has 76 and a conference championship.
Well it has quite a bit to do with K-State’s recruiting relative to Iowa at least.

Offline KSNimrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 31, 2020, 08:30:17 AM »
Saw a grad transfer DB from Louisville is coming?  Russ Yeast   Sounds like a good get?