Author Topic: Portal Kombat  (Read 162267 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Portal
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2020, 12:57:45 PM »
Classic vortex vs. cortex dilemma.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2020, 01:24:00 PM »
This is one of those things where FB-QB-IQ doesn't necessarily relate to Ivy entrance criteria, and vice versa.

I don't know that being a turnover machine has anything to do with his intelligence on the field, dude just can't throw.
Yeah but also makes wrong reads kind of consistently. 

Anyway, being a to machine and making bad reads is also characteristic of true freshman QBs. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2020, 09:47:14 PM »
This is one of those things where FB-QB-IQ doesn't necessarily relate to Ivy entrance criteria, and vice versa.

I don't know that being a turnover machine has anything to do with his intelligence on the field, dude just can't throw.

Anyway, being a to machine and making bad reads is also characteristic of true freshman QBs.
Not sold on Howard but yes, many typical true frosh mistakes. Showed a couple flashes of excellence but I really wanna blindly believe that this will be Rubleys squad. We'll see. Go Cats.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2020, 10:18:53 PM »

his INTs were from not seeing the field at all or even looking at the field as much as they were from inaccuracy. He is both inaccurate and doesn't see the field either. and isnt comfortable moving in the pocket either. basically does nothing right

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2020, 11:22:42 AM »
Lance Robinson is gone

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2020, 11:28:29 AM »
Yea they recruited over him with Gardner and Denson
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2020, 11:48:24 AM »
when i saw his tweet i thought of him as a regular player, was surprised to see how little be played this year. losing depth is bad tho.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2020, 11:50:32 AM »
Yes, the depth is atrocious. That's how you end up with God damn Ross Elder on the field all year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2020, 11:55:38 AM »
I'm point out again that some of these dudes have to come back, I just don't see a way around it. I don't know how all eventually 800+ of these players in the portal will find new homes.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2020, 12:28:44 PM »
when i saw his tweet i thought of him as a regular player, was surprised to see how little be played this year. losing depth is bad tho.

I think they are in on a transfer CB from UNI that would make 4 really solid options at CB next year (EBD, Gardner, Denson, Transfer) and have two promising freshman CB’s(Jones and Daniels) behind that.  If you want to talk depth LB makes me super nervous.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2020, 12:38:43 PM »

I think they are in on a transfer CB from UNI that would make 4 really solid options at CB next year (EBD, Gardner, Denson, Transfer) and have two promising freshman CB’s(Jones and Daniels) behind that.  If you want to talk depth LB makes me super nervous.

I'm not going to lie, these FCS transfers are starting to get my attention. I'd probably feel a little different if we didn't whiff on Jabril Cox, but still wonder why we can't land one of the hundreds of P5 transfers.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2020, 12:47:57 PM »

I'm not going to lie, these FCS transfers are starting to get my attention. I'd probably feel a little different if we didn't whiff on Jabril Cox, but still wonder why we can't land one of the hundreds of P5 transfers.

Thomas from Minnesota and Jordan Brown from UNC, but honestly our non P5 guys(Gilbert from ball state and Briley from UNI have been more impressive I think.   The FCS guys seem to be dudes who were fringe P5 guys that grew a bit and got coached up.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2020, 01:19:32 PM »
Haven't looked around much, but have any of the seniors (AJ? Sullivan? Massie?) stated if they would come back?

I'm sure that would determine the interest in the transfer market.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2020, 01:40:52 PM »
Haven't looked around much, but have any of the seniors (AJ? Sullivan? Massie?) stated if they would come back?

I'm sure that would determine the interest in the transfer market.

no we don't know any of that yet

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2020, 03:08:28 PM »

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2020, 03:27:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1336054636088881155

I didn’t see this one coming. If Knowles leaves, we are completely mumped at WR next year. And even with him back, what do we have? Him and Taylor? That’s brutal.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2020, 03:40:15 PM »

having only 4 CBs that can play would be considered thin as well. they need 6 CBs who could play plus the true freshman CBs. We just are not used to having a P5 caliber depth chart. Most other programs go 3-4 deep with at least 3-star players then have the true freshmen at the bottom. Seems like we are thin at EVERY SINGLE position on the field. Seems weird we have 85 scholarship players. Seems like we have about half that on a depth chart

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2020, 08:43:37 PM »

https://twitter.com/kslimlb3/status/1336136620345581571?s=19

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2020, 12:20:37 AM »

Thomas from Minnesota and Jordan Brown from UNC, but honestly our non P5 guys(Gilbert from ball state and Briley from UNI have been more impressive I think.   The FCS guys seem to be dudes who were fringe P5 guys that grew a bit and got coached up.

Sheesh, forgot about those guys and you're right the non P5 guys are better.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2020, 12:26:08 AM »

I'm sure this comes as no surprise but that idiot A&M fan is dead ass wrong and I'm going to let him know. All the players in the portal didn't find homes last year, in a normal season. I'm guessing that idiot doesn't know the schools still have to abide by the 120 roster maximum including walkons. He's out of his rough ridin' mind if he thinks a lot of schools will be carrying many more than 85 scholarship players, even though they can. Those extra scholarships cost a crap ton of money.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2020, 09:23:56 AM »

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2020, 12:07:57 PM »

what mcmurphy is suggesting here is that the portal will actually collapse under the load of its own weight
and that's exactly what's going to happen, kind of like a game of duck-duck-goose but with college athletes playing it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2020, 12:15:49 PM »
Yea these kids don’t understand the numbers I don’t think