Author Topic: The Biden (interim) Dictator  (Read 312667 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #5950 on: November 04, 2022, 12:36:02 PM »
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-11-03/shot-fired-at-family-home-of-n-carolina-us-house-candidate

Without proof that this was a political attack, I am going to go out on a limb and say it was a scorned gay lover who fired the gun.

It’s pretty obvious tbh

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: November 04, 2022, 12:38:11 PM »
Why did the guy have his kids sleeping in the room near where the bullets went into the house? Something seems fishy to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: November 04, 2022, 12:38:34 PM »
I bet the media covers this like crazy, right?!

Wake me when the dem politicians openly celebrate and mock it.

:lol: :lol: Seriously?  Maxine Waters is chomping at the bit to get a sound bite out there.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: November 04, 2022, 12:39:11 PM »
Why did the guy have his kids sleeping in the room near where the bullets went into the house? Something seems fishy to me

How dare you ask questions!

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: November 04, 2022, 12:40:12 PM »
The “tolerant” left  :cry:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5955 on: November 04, 2022, 12:42:15 PM »
Not sure where to put this..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11387801/Shots-fired-Republican-candidate-Pat-Harrigans-North-Carolina-home.html

It's just the pubs!!  :shakesfist:

I click the link and I get a pop up asking me to open Microsoft Edge.    Not normal.  Pass

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: November 04, 2022, 12:42:20 PM »

:lol: :lol: Seriously?  Maxine Waters is chomping at the bit to get a sound bite out there.

Is she mocking him or is this your fantasy to justify Trump jr, Kari Lake, et al mocking someone getting beaten with a hammer?  If she is doing it, feel free to post it and we can call her a piece of crap together.

Political violence isn't totally unique to one party (not that we know the cause of the GOP candidate's situation).  Politicians condoning it seems pretty unique to the right.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: November 04, 2022, 12:43:21 PM »
Not sure where to put this..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11387801/Shots-fired-Republican-candidate-Pat-Harrigans-North-Carolina-home.html

It's just the pubs!!  :shakesfist:
Maybe it’s just me, or maybe you’re an idiot, but your link doesn’t work, chief.

Hit the wrong button.  No need to be hostile...pal.

Unfortunately, I think there is going to be a lot more of this on both sides.  The sides are the problem. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: November 04, 2022, 12:46:04 PM »

] Seriously?  Maxine Waters is chomping at the bit to get a sound bite out there.

Is she mocking him or is this your fantasy to justify Trump jr, Kari Lake, et al mocking someone getting beaten with a hammer?  If she is doing it, feel free to post it and we can call her a piece of crap together.

Political violence isn't totally unique to one party (not that we know the cause of the GOP candidate's situation).  Politicians condoning it seems pretty unique to the right.
Yes

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: November 04, 2022, 12:58:08 PM »

I didn't know you were just talking about this particular incident?  You make it sound like it's only the GOP that stoops to this level of mockery when you know that is total b.s. 

There are plenty pieces of crap on both sides and It's incredibly depressing when either side chooses to stoop to that level.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: November 04, 2022, 01:03:41 PM »
Update us when you get that Maxine waters quote you're expecting
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #5961 on: November 04, 2022, 01:06:34 PM »

I didn't know you were just talking about this particular incident?  You make it sound like it's only the GOP that stoops to this level of mockery when you know that is total b.s. 

There are plenty pieces of crap on both sides and It's incredibly depressing when either side chooses to stoop to that level.
You keep saying this without actually posting any of the lib reactions you’re talking about. Not only does that story not indicate the shooting was politically influenced, it’s not even apparent it was intentional.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: November 04, 2022, 01:15:24 PM »
Update us when you get that Maxine waters quote you're expecting

Wow, great zinger Bub.  It's pretty hard to get you up to speed on anything isn't it?

I'm sure there's a Dax thread out there waiting on these great retorts from you. Why waste them all on me.  :rolleyes:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: November 04, 2022, 01:16:27 PM »
It's a request, not a retort
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: November 04, 2022, 01:18:21 PM »
Without proof that this was a political attack, I am going to go out on a limb and say it was a scorned gay lover who fired the gun.

lol

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: November 04, 2022, 01:20:17 PM »

You keep saying this without actually posting any of the lib reactions you’re talking about. Not only does that story not indicate the shooting was politically influenced, it’s not even apparent it was intentional.

I told Chi that I didn't think he was talking about this particular incident. I thought he was talking in general.  No, there hasn't been anyone mocking THIS event so kudos to you guys!!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: November 04, 2022, 01:27:08 PM »

lol

Nothing is confirmed.  So anyone saying it’s made up doesn’t have the first rough ridin' clue if it is or not.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: November 04, 2022, 01:29:27 PM »
:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: November 04, 2022, 01:32:25 PM »
:lol:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: November 04, 2022, 01:42:49 PM »
Pretty obvious they were gaying each other. (Full disclosure: I did not read the story)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: November 07, 2022, 09:05:24 AM »
Wait a second, the #shitshow from the SFB President to the DF Energy Secretary have said repeatedly that they're open to more drilling etc.

I supposed this will be the 10,176th thing that's going to have to be explained and re-explained on behalf of our SFB (alleged) President

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1589407963902533638?s=20&t=mruKdtVaHxOfFC3vEQpyfg

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: November 10, 2022, 07:41:13 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: November 10, 2022, 08:49:45 PM »
hopefully this one takes.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Saltsman/status/1590860742500065280

It wasn't the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. It was the District Court for the Northern District of Texas (Ft. Worth Division, to no one's surprise). Judge Pittman accelerated the case to grant Summary Judgment a mere month after the Complaint was filed. Granted, the Fifth Circuit will probably affirm, because ....

Worth noting that one week ago, Justice Barrett (yes, Amy Coney Barrett) declined, for the second time, to issue a temporary injunction blocking the program pending the Plaintiffs' appeal in a separate, related case. Seems like there's at least 3 similar cases.

Specifically, in Garrison v. U.S. Department of Education, No. 1:22-cv-1895-RLY-TAB (S.D. Ind.), where, as here, individual student loan borrowers brought a lawsuit to enjoin, on a nationwide basis, the Department's authority to forgive student-loan debt on essentially the same grounds. The district court dismissed that case for lack of standing, the Seventh Circuit denied the plaintiffs’ motion for an injunction pending appeal, and the plaintiffs petitioned SCOTUS for a motion for injunction pending appeal. On November 4, 2022, Justice Barrett, as Circuit Justice for the Seventh Circuit, denied the plaintiffs’ application.

I haven't had time to read Judge Pittman's standing analysis, so I don't know if and how the plaintiffs in these two cases differ in any material sense as to that. It would appear *gulp* that this is headed to SCOTUS sooner rather than later.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: November 10, 2022, 09:10:43 PM »
Activist Judges!! -  But only if we don't get what we want  (#blueanon)