Author Topic: positive covid tests  (Read 1598 times)

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
positive covid tests
« on: October 26, 2020, 03:08:31 PM »
does the B12 use follow up PCR tests to confirm initial positives before quarantining all the contacts? i have not heard about false positives at KSU
it sounds like the B10 is having false positives after just week 1
is that because B12 doesn't confirm initial positive tests or we just haven't got any info out to the public?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: positive covid tests
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 04:27:05 PM »
The Big 10 has a completely different testing protocol. They use daily rapid tests and they use PCRs to confirm positive tests. Because they test daily they don't use contract tracing within the programs.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 05:13:56 PM »
The Big 10 has a completely different testing protocol. They use daily rapid tests and they use PCRs to confirm positive tests. Because they test daily they don't use contract tracing within the programs.
thanks but you never said what the B12 protocol was. Does B12 confirm positive tests or not? thanks

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 09:14:51 PM »
thanks but you never said what the B12 protocol was. Does B12 confirm positive tests or not? thanks

:dunno: I'd assume they are taking samples from both nostrils which essentially eliminates false positives because you are providing two samples, I've always been under the impression that to be deemed positive both samples have to be positive.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile