Author Topic: 10/22 debate thread  (Read 8077 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: 10/22 debate thread
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2020, 10:16:24 PM »
I rewound.  Took twice but he definitely said "go on" to the moderator telling her to ask the next question.

Yeah. Mrs. SB’s jaw dropped but I reassured her that even Foghorn Racehorn over there wouldn’t have said that (aloud). It was definitely either “go ahead” or “go on,” and he was talking to the moderator to move on with her next question.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »
I already voted so I didn’t think I would watch, but heard it was less dumpster firey than the first one.  Watched the last 30 minutes and I stand by my vote(also my vote in 2016).
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2020, 10:18:28 PM »
We all know you love the pay to play Dems, DBP

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2020, 10:23:08 PM »
We all know you voted Trump in 2016. Agree with everything he’s done, and will again vote Trump 2020.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2020, 10:34:39 PM »
That oil answer was an unmitigated disaster for Biden.

i didn't notice it, which makes me suspect it wasn't that bad, but what was it?
I thought the oil/renewables section was unquestionably good for Biden.
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2020, 10:38:09 PM »
pretty much dead on with their horse race numbers, which means it was a tie.

https://twitter.com/charlotteeffect/status/1319480498876485632
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
10/22 debate thread
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2020, 10:40:19 PM »
We all know you voted Trump in 2016. Agree with everything he’s done, and will again vote Trump 2020.
I will vote for him but don’t agree with everything. 

Imagine being mad for 4 years that one of the worst people in the world didn’t get elected president.  A person responsible for killing thousand upon thousands, displacing millions and leaving countries in tatters. 

Sad

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2020, 10:50:24 PM »

It was literally the last answer of the debate, you must have checked out. Biden said that he would "transition from the oil industry," yes in quotes. Trump jumped all over it, probably the brightest spot of his entire campaign.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2020, 10:52:34 PM »

Imagine being mad for 4 years that one of the worst people in the world didn’t get elected president.  A person responsible for killing thousand upon thousands, displacing millions and leaving countries in tatters. 

Sad
While we all know your “I might vote for Biden” deal was complete bullshit, this confirmation just concludes the absolute POS person you are.

You think I’m mad about Hillary losing the election? LOL. Your entire lack of self awareness, coupled with your whataboutism, protecting the worst president in the history of our country, and relegating yourself to saying thousands of deaths is better than 200k+ American lives lost because of gross incompetence, is frankly rough ridin' the most embarrassing thing you’ve done on this blog.

You are a rough ridin' racist, piece of crap, worst kind of person. You enable fanatical organizations to promote hate to marginalized people. You applaud a person, high step salute them, and praise them for encouraging the worst part of America.

Dax, you are a absolutely disgusting, deplorable, racist, piece of crap human being. And I mean this with the absolute utmost disrespect, there are very few like you, and thank rough ridin' god.

eff you.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2020, 10:56:03 PM »

I thought the oil/renewables section was unquestionably good for Biden.

Yeah, when he addressed environmental racism when trump wouldn't. However, this wasn't, I don't even know how it could be spun otherwise. Kristen Welker's "why would you do that" tells the story.

https://twitter.com/SteveScaliseGOP/status/1319483894048215040

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2020, 10:57:29 PM »
:sdeek:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2020, 11:01:32 PM »

Right? It was triple dumb and astounding that people on here would actually fix their mouths to say otherwise. Actually the larger context of that comment is worse. It was the back half of his answer about environmental racism. You part of your plan to combat environmental racism is to disband an important industry in this country, wtf?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2020, 11:02:25 PM »

Sad
While we all know your “I might vote for Biden” deal was complete bullshit, this confirmation just concludes the absolute POS person you are.

You think I’m mad about Hillary losing the election? LOL. Your entire lack of self awareness, coupled with your whataboutism, protecting the worst president in the history of our country, and relegating yourself to saying thousands of deaths is better than 200k+ American lives lost because of gross incompetence, is frankly rough ridin' the most embarrassing thing you’ve done on this blog.

You are a rough ridin' racist, piece of crap, worst kind of person. You enable fanatical organizations to promote hate to marginalized people. You applaud a person, high step salute them, and praise them for encouraging the worst part of America.

Dax, you are a absolutely disgusting, deplorable, racist, piece of crap human being. And I mean this with the absolute utmost disrespect, there are very few like you, and thank rough ridin' god.

eff you.
I won’t say that was one hell of a meltdown.  That was just the usual Da Big Psycho meltdown. 

Just one thing.  The expectation that no one was going to die from Covid 19 as it continues its onslaught all across the globe only shows the insanity of the left.  On top of knowing that even today a substantial number of deaths were caused by the decisions of Dem governors.  Of which one of the worst offenders is stone walling the investigation.   Very good chance one of his big hospital donors was telling him that they didn’t want Covid cases coming to their facilities.   

Have a nice night.  Maybe smoke a bowl to take that edge off.   

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2020, 11:02:53 PM »
It was literally the last answer of the debate, you must have checked out. Biden said that he would "transition from the oil industry," yes in quotes. Trump jumped all over it, probably the brightest spot of his entire campaign.

i wasn't paying close attention, but yeah i noticed something like that.

not sure i see the problem, really.  i don't mean to suggest that saying something in a debate is the same thing as publishing it on your website, but biden has campaigned for part of the primary and all of the general with a plan to achieve net zero emissions by 2050 - which is a goal that will encompass for more upheaval than merely transitioning from the oil industry.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2020, 11:05:42 PM »

Right? It was triple dumb and astounding that people on here would actually fix their mouths to say otherwise. Actually the larger context of that comment is worse. It was the back half of his answer about environmental racism. You part of your plan to combat environmental racism is to disband an important industry in this country, wtf?

I don't disagree with his stance, but I think this was the worst possible time to mention/introduce it. It's a controverial one no matter today or 5 or 10 years from now.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2020, 11:06:17 PM »
It was the back half of his answer about environmental racism. You part of your plan to combat environmental racism is to disband an important industry in this country, wtf?

my guess is that the combating environmental racism part of that polls worse than the transitioning to clean energy part does.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2020, 11:07:33 PM »

I don't disagree with his stance, but I think this was the worst possible time to mention/introduce it. It's a controverial one no matter today or 5 or 10 years from now.

Exactly this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2020, 11:11:53 PM »
It was the back half of his answer about environmental racism. You part of your plan to combat environmental racism is to disband an important industry in this country, wtf?

my guess is that the combating environmental racism part of that polls worse than the transitioning to clean energy part does.

Kristen Welker didn't use that term and Biden didn't either, although he did mention fence-lines, so I'm assuming most Americans, like the president, had no clue she asked about environmental racism. I don't think the answer won't do substantial damage, by any means, but it was dumb to provide that sound bite as a walk off to the debate.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2020, 11:14:08 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2020, 11:15:15 PM »
it was dumb to provide that sound bite as a walk off to the debate.

yeah, he should have said transitioning to renewable energy instead of transitioning away from oil.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2020, 11:18:48 PM »
I think this debate crystallized what we know about these guys, they are both awful presidential candidates, just brutal. The difference here is one of these men is a good man whereas the other is just a despicable human being, total waste of space and air.
Co-signed

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2020, 11:20:57 PM »
i'm gonna miss trump debates  :frown: . He never was able to recreate the magic of the '16 pub primary debates, but always appointment television.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
10/22 debate thread
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2020, 11:22:54 PM »
It solidified that one is an old politician who has spent most of his career putting people in jail, sending our sons and daughters off to war, pandering to K-Street, banks and drug companies  and then lining his pockets in a pay to play scheme that rivals the Clinton’s operation.  Of which the majority was done with a regime that has made no bones about the fact that they intend to dominate the world.

His running mate is a person who put the parents of sick kids in jail.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2020, 11:25:15 PM »
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile