Author Topic: Coaching contracts  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching contracts
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2023, 08:37:55 PM »
Imply

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2023, 10:39:49 PM »
Yeah, he made an inference on something I didn't imply. Don't message board and drive.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2023, 11:48:35 PM »
Klein isn't going anywhere. His weirdo jesus freak maga thing doesn't work everywhere. You gotta have some charisma to make that work and not have people make fun of you, like oscar Pearl. Plus he and his wife just started their Jesus freak maga homeschool thing.

He follows the worst of Twitter, but I’ve never heard him talk about it in the same way 90% of outward Christian coaches. He’s a rare mixture of genuine, but also quiet about it. When describing why he stayed, he used the word “Lord” once, but that was it & quickly moved on to saying he want to stay because of the players & he has more he wants to accomplish with them here. Most other Dabo type Christian coaches would have gone on for 30 seconds about Jesus. He’s like the anti-Hugh Freeze. I used to be worried he’d go somewhere like Liberty, but I think he’d hate it there. I think he has a pretty small window where he fits. I think it’s more Midwest than South & the MAC isn’t going to pay enough to steal him as a HC.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:53:44 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2023, 01:21:26 AM »
Yeah you're right, it's just the homeschool thing is definitely a trigger for me because of how the education system is being used to fight culture wars.

Anyway, back to football, yay sports!

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2023, 07:26:40 AM »
Yeah you're right, it's just the homeschool thing is definitely a trigger for me because of how the education system is being used to fight culture wars.

Being in Oklahoma, I’m right there with you on the school thing. We’re in 2 of the worst states for it.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2023, 07:40:32 AM »

Being in Oklahoma, I’m right there with you on the school thing. We’re in 2 of the worst states for it.

Texas says hi

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2023, 08:54:34 AM »

The homeschool thing triggers you because people are taking their kids out of schools and not fighting culture wars in them?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2023, 08:57:08 AM »

The homeschool thing triggers you because people are taking their kids out of schools and not fighting culture wars in them?

No and you know full rough ridin' well that's untrue. There's any active thread about this in the pit. If you're sincere about discussing this, take it there.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2023, 09:21:37 AM »

No and you know full rough ridin' well that's untrue. There's any active thread about this in the pit. If you're sincere about discussing this, take it there.
Well don't bring the pit in here bud..

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2023, 10:29:25 AM »
Even if he does coach the full duration, Klein would only be 41 and therefore a man.  Keep him happy salary wise and continue to give him more responsibilities/exposure to head coaching duties.  Make him associate HC or something like that.  Then he's ready to roll right in when Kleiman retires.

seems like a bargain. we were going to pay brad more lmao

idk how we are going to keep klein for 8 years though
Dude loves it here if we're being honest.

All of this IMO is correct. I will be a little surprised Klieman is here for 8 more years unless we truly become next level over that duration, I think he goes to SEC school after we win another Big 12 or two and make the playoffs once, but who knows, he's 55, he's probably not jumping unless it's like replacing Saban.

I also think it's obviously Klein coaching next, and where it's in 4-10 years he's it, and he'll accept it regardless if he's here the entire time or he's in the Pac coaching Oregon or something. IMO as of right now, we have a pretty damn good secured future no matter which slice you take.

While it seems kinda hokey to thank Bill for coming back to "calm the waters," we don't have any of this without him coming back, again resurrecting us.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2023, 11:53:12 AM »
Even if he does coach the full duration, Klein would only be 41 and therefore a man.  Keep him happy salary wise and continue to give him more responsibilities/exposure to head coaching duties.  Make him associate HC or something like that.  Then he's ready to roll right in when Kleiman retires.

seems like a bargain. we were going to pay brad more lmao

idk how we are going to keep klein for 8 years though
Dude loves it here if we're being honest.

All of this IMO is correct. I will be a little surprised Klieman is here for 8 more years unless we truly become next level over that duration, I think he goes to SEC school after we win another Big 12 or two and make the playoffs once, but who knows, he's 55, he's probably not jumping unless it's like replacing Saban.

I also think it's obviously Klein coaching next, and where it's in 4-10 years he's it, and he'll accept it regardless if he's here the entire time or he's in the Pac coaching Oregon or something. IMO as of right now, we have a pretty damn good secured future no matter which slice you take.

While it seems kinda hokey to thank Bill for coming back to "calm the waters," we don't have any of this without him coming back, again resurrecting us.
I think Klieman is more likely to take a job in the big 10 than the SEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2023, 01:26:37 PM »
kliemans not rough ridin' going anywhere.

you're probably right about klein but i think only if it's a step up. luckily we are a pretty good athletic university now. but if he's the head coach of notre dame or oregon i dont think he's going to come back.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2023, 01:58:10 PM »
'Twas a perilous choice, so it goes in the lore,
To hire a former star quarterback, nothing more,
For the role of head coach, in the realm of football,
Oh, the perils one may face, one and all!

Beware the star quarterback, his glory long past,
Once adored on the field, now a coach to forecast,
With prowess in passing and elusive speed,
But coaching prowess, an uncertain seed.

His playing days filled with triumph and fame,
But can he lead a team, build a winning flame?
The skills of a player do not always align,
With the wisdom and strategy of a coach so fine.

He may dazzle with tales of his gridiron feat,
But can he guide a team with tactics so discreet?
To mold the players, their strengths to enhance,
Or will his past triumphs be the sole song and dance?

Beware the allure of the star quarterback's name,
For coaching requires more than mere football acclaim,
Leadership, vision, and tactical might,
A blend of knowledge, strategy, and insight.

Yet many fall victim to this perilous snare,
Hoping the star's magic will linger in the air,
But coaching is a skill that must be honed,
And success cannot be on past glories alone.

So heed this warning, all who seek a coach anew,
Look beyond the fame, search for wisdom true,
For in the realm of football, the perils are stacked,
When hiring a coach 'cus he once quarterbacked.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2023, 02:52:09 PM »
Klein isn't going anywhere. His weirdo jesus freak maga thing doesn't work everywhere. You gotta have some charisma to make that work and not have people make fun of you, like oscar Pearl. Plus he and his wife just started their Jesus freak maga homeschool thing.

So bc it doesn’t work everywhere he isn’t going anywhere? Not sure I understand that logic.

If that's what I said I wouldn't understand it either, luckily I didn't even infer that.

I’m not sure how you would expect anyone to interpret what you said differently.  you’re saying that your statement in the first sentence was not in any way related to the sentences that followed??

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2023, 02:56:39 PM »
I heard somewhere that Shalin [sp?] Klein is opening a religious school so MIR has something to rail against AND CK isn't likely to go anywhere.  Although with the number of kids they have (and will probably continue to have), they could probably move a decent enrollment with them wherever they go.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2023, 06:24:50 PM »
I heard somewhere that Shalin [sp?] Klein is opening a religious school so MIR has something to rail against AND CK isn't likely to go anywhere.  Although with the number of kids they have (and will probably continue to have), they could probably move a decent enrollment with them wherever they go.

My mind initially saw this as Shaolin and I was like
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2023, 08:45:52 AM »

Texas says hi
Missouri says hello.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2023, 12:05:43 PM »

Texas says hi
Missouri says hello.
<laughs in Floridian>

kono

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Coaching contracts
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2023, 10:01:13 PM »

I’m sure you remember the “critical race theory” school board meetings in our very own Manhattan, KS. Worth noting how many of those folks had no kids in the school system.

I am not some Frenchmen, I believe in pluralism and if you want to have your religion taught in schools to the exclusion of others, have at it and boot strap your education free market. But public schools are meant to serve everyone.

The devoutly religious are of course welcome in public schools, in fact I grew up going to school with many. I remember learning about my classmates religions—Mormon, Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, Hindi, Bhuddist, Muslim classmates all talked about and shared their religion.

I think leaving the public schools is one thing, I think engaging in democracy and trying to work to change a system you disagree with, and ultimately having to compromise, is a good civic process. What I have a problem with is the cynicism which I see where many private schools are looking for public money. It would be nice if there wasn’t such a transparent attempt to enforce the public to support your exclusionary, parallel school system while simultaneously actively fighting to make the current public school system worse.