Author Topic: How good is Will Howard???  (Read 113582 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: How good is Will Howard???
« Reply #1700 on: January 06, 2024, 10:56:28 AM »
I know the crap from fans didn't help, but the real reason he left was both CKs told him that he would have to share playing time on the field with our new superstar and he didn't like that hence his decision to enter the Portal.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 06, 2024, 11:00:46 AM »
Literally no one thinks the fans drove him away. He would have left after 2020 or 21 if the fans were the reason

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 06, 2024, 11:31:37 AM »
I really like this post.

https://x.com/Ksulawyer/status/1743060116365062611?s=20
I don’t know which annoy me more. The people going after Will on social media after bad games or the people who act like those people somehow drove Will off the team.

For me it's the people that never let him be anything but the QB that fumbled away a home game against OSU and got spanked at Iowa State when he should have been redshirting.

People should just accept him for what he was and move on: he was an incredibly unprepared terrible quarterback who evolved into a very solid one and won us some great games and a Dr Pepper along the way and happens to have a superstar waiting in the wings. How any KSU fan could begrudge him in any way is beyond me.

This is exactly why I love non-pro sports. I love the growth, constant change, and the finding a way to win.  People that don’t like this may not realize it, but they don’t like college sports, they just like the my team/your team stuff.

Well said.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 06, 2024, 11:40:38 AM »
His kid brother is coming here. He's a grad and will probably go up on our ring of honor. The only thing that will piss me off is when he's a pro, he'll be listed as tOSU when it was as a Cat he developed as a pro prospect.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 06, 2024, 12:40:34 PM »
To be fair, if he gets drafted to be a starting QB, it will be because of his time at tOSU.

Of course, if he went pro today there is always the chance of a Brock Purdy situation.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1705 on: January 06, 2024, 01:07:54 PM »
Who was the last starting QB for Ohio State who didn't get drafted?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 06, 2024, 01:21:58 PM »
Who was the last starting QB for Ohio State who didn't get drafted?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._T._Barrett

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 06, 2024, 01:53:15 PM »
Yeah I’m excited to have a reason not to be annoyed whenever a stupid Big 10 game comes on.

And Will is fine. He did the absolute smartest thing he could in the situation he was in. I hope he kicks ass.

I am excited to hear about his NIL.  If he indeed had USC, Miami, and tOSU all on the line, I bet he got something good.
I haven’t heard anything either way, but I doubt NIL was that much of a factor. tOSU clearly gives Will the best shot at increasing his NFL draft stock. Aside from a soft Big 10 schedule and playing at easily the highest profile school of the three, Will said a big part of his decision was the pro-style offense tOSU plays.

NIL was absolutely a factor, it's why Miami missed on all of their targets. I've been skeptical about reported NIL figures but using quotes from Ryan Day and Matt Rhule about NIL, and the teams that Will chose between, it's fair to say he's getting around $1 million. Also worth pointing out that he did get a Senior Bowl invite, those, especially for QBs, only go to pro prospects and are picked by NFL scouts.

If Will gets $1m, I am very happy for him.

However, from the one interview posted here from Rhule, it sounds like $1m is fire sale price for a good QB at a good program. I hope Will is getting something more.

He's getting more, I was being conservative.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 06, 2024, 01:56:14 PM »
To be fair, if he gets drafted to be a starting QB, it will be because of his time at tOSU.

He's considered an NFL prospect today. He got a senior bowl invite before he even visited Ohio State.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 06, 2024, 02:03:54 PM »
let's be real. he definitely should have won us the mizzou and osu games. so i can see the frustration after such high expectations. but overall it's dumb to hate on him.

is it really any different to oscar? he gave us so much. big 12's, an elite 8. but yet many downgrade ksu fans couldn't help but hate on him after ending on a bad note. but not me. will always appreciate what he brought for us.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: January 06, 2024, 02:15:40 PM »
He turned his back on THE PURPLE. 

He’s dead to me.  Will WHO?ward more like

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 06, 2024, 02:22:21 PM »

let's be real. he definitely should have won us the mizzou and osu games. so i can see the frustration after such high expectations. but overall it's dumb to hate on him.

He was injured, at least for Mizzou

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 06, 2024, 02:49:56 PM »
So was Mizzou’s guy though!

But also turns out Mizzou wasn’t a bunch of scrubs

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 06, 2024, 02:55:57 PM »
Anyone who is upset about the MU game hasn’t taken the time to see what MU has gone on to do and what they are this year.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 06, 2024, 04:26:17 PM »

Maybe injured in his rough ridin' brain to throw that pick 6 in his own territory 30 seconds before the end of the first half.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 06, 2024, 04:32:32 PM »

He's considered an NFL prospect today. He got a senior bowl invite before he even visited Ohio State.
So did Skylar. He was not drafted to be a starting QB. Hell he basically had to pre-season his way to a roster spot.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 06, 2024, 04:36:32 PM »

Maybe injured in his rough ridin' brain to throw that pick 6 in his own territory 30 seconds before the end of the first half.
Honestly we were one bad play away from winning the Mizzou, OSU, and UT games. Will was arguably responsible for at least two of those, but again it’s literally like 2-3 plays that made the difference between being a forever legend and a really good QB who had one amazing season.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 06, 2024, 04:41:14 PM »
OSU fans are going to eat him alive (IF he wins the starting job)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 06, 2024, 05:45:55 PM »
Will is going to put up monster numbers throwing to 5 star receivers against MAC-level defenses. They only play like 3 games against teams with a pulse until they get to the conference championship and playoffs. He's going to be a Heisman candidate and he will raise his draft stock considerably. I'm very happy for him.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 06, 2024, 05:49:16 PM »

I don't think they will because they didn't see him as a freshman and he will do a very good job

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 06, 2024, 06:44:36 PM »

I don't think they will because they didn't see him as a freshman and he will do a very good job
He’s a head scratcher interception guy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 06, 2024, 08:33:24 PM »

So did Skylar. He was not drafted to be a starting QB. Hell he basically had to pre-season his way to a roster spot.

I missed the "to be a starting QB" part he's not going to be drafted to be a starting QB, there's like one maybe two of those guys each draft.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 06, 2024, 08:36:14 PM »
So was Mizzou’s guy though!

But also turns out Mizzou wasn’t a bunch of scrubs

We lost that Missouri game because the coaches made/let Will play hurt instead of giving Avery a real chance to win that game. Neither Avery or Will had any business playing a single snap hurt.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 06, 2024, 08:48:31 PM »

He’s a head scratcher interception guy.

He doesn't throw a lot of picks. There last two seasons he throws one interception for every 40 passes thrown, only Dillon Gabriel was better in the Big 12. Needless to say that Gabriel had much better receivers, particularly this season.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 07, 2024, 03:32:56 AM »
it is pretty funny though that osu thinks they're getting a dual threat qb