Author Topic: Gems of the Gamethread: We Own OU  (Read 18050 times)

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Gems of the Gamethread: We Own OU
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2022, 11:40:38 AM »
Boom! eff you Coach Kuntman!   

They are like completely obsessed with calling our coach vulgar vagina things, and yet they missed Clitz Hymen entirely.

This was so good SB! :Woot:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2022, 11:40:58 AM »
I can't imagine living a life with that much hate in your heart. For them to even muster up that much animus for one of the most loveable humans alive and one of the most milquetoast humans alive is wild.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2022, 11:57:36 AM »
I can't imagine living a life with that much hate in your heart. For them to even muster up that much animus for one of the most loveable humans alive and one of the most milquetoast humans alive is wild.

It is really insane. It's the same feeling I get when I read the TexAgs politics board. But...like...it's just about Potato Face and The Waterbug. (And California.)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2022, 12:12:42 PM »

It is really insane. It's the same feeling I get when I read the TexAgs politics board. But...like...it's just about Potato Face and The Waterbug. (And California.)

Hating on Cali is like the most reflexive thing they do and it's honestly weird. Especially given how Texas can't go more than a week of cold weather and fold like a house of cards but selective memory for them all
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2022, 12:31:35 PM »
Our offensive line is potato.

Mongoloid potato.   

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2022, 12:40:31 PM »

Hating on Cali is like the most reflexive thing they do and it's honestly weird. Especially given how Texas can't go more than a week of cold weather and fold like a house of cards but selective memory for them all

I think it has more to do with who their previous coach dumped them for than it is the prevailing culture out there

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2022, 01:13:51 PM »

I think it has more to do with who their previous coach dumped them for than it is the prevailing culture out there

When his house was leaked there were a lot of them, on twitter, more than one or two, who were trying to convince strangers that there is lakefront property in OKC just as nice.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2022, 04:32:35 PM »
Our offensive line is potato.

Mongoloid potato.   

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I immediately thought of you when I read that line.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2022, 06:21:40 PM »

I live in Oklahoma. Trashing California as if it’s a third world country is very popular here. There are people that park in the grass on the outskirts of the Wal-Mart parking lot selling Trump & Let’s Go Brandon flags. One time they were selling flags without the 31st star.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2022, 09:10:27 PM »
we’ve not said enough about their stupid and i’m sure insanely expensive lighting effects

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2022, 09:12:16 PM »
we’ve not said enough about their stupid and i’m sure insanely expensive lighting effects

It cost $37MM to install those lights ... 12 years ago. That is why they've been so salty about always getting the 11 A.M. kickoff times.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2022, 09:19:51 PM »
In the third quarter they did a light show to that Phil collins song and it was the cheesiest thing I’ve ever seen in person. Those slack jaws were amazed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2022, 09:21:08 PM »
They finally got rid of the terrible player shadows, so I’m not going to complain.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Gems of the Gamethread: We Own OU
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2022, 09:24:19 PM »
I struggle with deciding which stadium/atmosphere/gameday experience is worse between Stillwater and Norman. Stillwater is super cheesy and try-hard, but Norman is super gross and not loud at all. Just in my imo

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2022, 09:56:12 PM »
Do we have a cheyenne zulu type installed there who set it up for it to be broadcast to the world that oklahoman entertainment is light switches?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2022, 10:43:50 PM »
I struggle with deciding which stadium/atmosphere/gameday experience is worse between Stillwater and Norman. Stillwater is super cheesy and try-hard, but Norman is super gross and not loud at all. Just in my imo

No one leans harder into their mascot than OSU. Even their terrible radio guy yelling “pistol’s firing” for every touchdown is so cringy. I once had my wife’s friend’s OSU husband tell me the wildcat growl sound at KSU was too much and before I could stop myself I just said “Are you rough ridin' kidding me?” I’ve been to a ton of games at GIA and every stoppage the big screen is just another 70 year old doing the gun hand signal. No one ruins the atmospheres in very good combination of stadium & arena like OSU. I say that as my 2nd favorite team my whole life being OSU with a lot of strong family ties to OSU.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 10:54:23 PM by TheHamburglar »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2022, 07:40:15 AM »
I think they do a really good job at BPS.  Never been to OU.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2022, 08:07:32 AM »
After seeing the light show, I fully understand why the Big 12 makes them play at 11 AM so often.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2022, 08:44:54 AM »
After seeing the light show, I fully understand why the Big 12 makes them play at 11 AM so often.

I was wondering if at some point VB will be like, turn the rough ridin' lights back on you dumbasses, i'm trying to tell my kids to stop getting their asses kicked and their eyes are all glossed over".

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2022, 09:10:41 AM »
Are they that hateful to every opponent? I'm assuming yes to a certain level. Buncha weirdos.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2022, 12:13:21 PM »

I was wondering if at some point VB will be like, turn the rough ridin' lights back on you dumbasses, i'm trying to tell my kids to stop getting their asses kicked and their eyes are all glossed over".
Are they some sort of super duper LED? I'm used to the thing where the janitor flips the massive breaker switch to turn on the stadium lights and they take 45 second to turn on all the way.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2022, 03:05:20 PM »

Leverage, he wanted his D to get leverage. "It's the eyes," says announcer. (wtf)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2022, 03:29:47 PM »