TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Other Sports (Tiger's Back)

competitive little kid sports

(1/213) > >>

steve dave:
lil sd is 7 and plays baseball and is kind of good. he has competitive travel tryouts and if he gets in we have to commit just an incredible amount of time every week/all year to it and travel all over the place and he's 7 and just started 2nd grade (wtf). I played all the sports but I lived in a town of 1,400 people so fielding a full roster was the biggest challenge and we played only as many games as the white trash kids drunk dad could schedule us outside of regular school sports. this actual city stuff seems crazy. but he loves TF out of baseball suddenly (like ONLY last 4 months). the last thing I'm going to do is keep him from doing it if he wants to so we're all in no matter what. how do people deal with this? do you seriously commit a 7 year old to that amount of time/effort to one sport?

Trim:
No.

Dr Rick Daris:

--- Quote from: steve dave on August 20, 2020, 10:34:18 PM ---lil sd is 7 and plays baseball and is kind of good. he has competitive travel tryouts and if he gets in we have to commit just an incredible amount of time every week/all year to it and travel all over the place and he's 7 and just started 2nd grade (wtf). I played all the sports but I lived in a town of 1,400 people so fielding a full roster was the biggest challenge and we played only as many games as the white trash kids drunk dad could schedule us outside of regular school sports. this actual city stuff seems crazy. but he loves TF out of baseball suddenly (like ONLY last 4 months). the last thing I'm going to do is keep him from doing it if he wants to so we're all in no matter what. how do people deal with this? do you seriously commit a 7 year old to that amount of time/effort to one sport?

--- End quote ---

I mean if you like your kid and hanging out with him and you like baseball as well then it’s honestly probably a pretty great deal.

Cire:
I have a friend who does. I think it’s crazy and he is living vicariously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cire:
Baseball academies/clubs are just trying to tie up your money in them. Capitalism and all. But if you want a great little league player, that’s the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version