Author Topic: Whites of privilege; drawn like moths to a flame to making fun of poor whites  (Read 4920 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it was a wild time. Thinking back to that sizzler promo commercial but i don't remember what thread it was posted in a long time ago. will repost link here tho just b/c wow what an incredible time to be alive. wow.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YGtQ40Qvs[/youtube]

So much going on in that commercial and I have no idea what any of it has to do with eating at Sizzler but I was hooked from the very beginning when it showed that dog catching a frisbee in slow motion.  Please, everyone, take 4 minutes and 41 seconds out of your day to watch this masterpiece.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Applebee's isn't even particularly cheap, outside of the specials, especially given what you're paying for. Maybe this is different if you live in parts of the country with higher costs of living. My only experience living in an expensive city was that Applebee's wasn't nearly as accessible as they are in places that are inexpensive to live.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
[youtube]https://youtu.be/6o5NweFWjAw[/youtube]

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Applebee's isn't even particularly cheap, outside of the specials, especially given what you're paying for. Maybe this is different if you live in parts of the country with higher costs of living. My only experience living in an expensive city was that Applebee's wasn't nearly as accessible as they are in places that are inexpensive to live.
This article is about to drop an absolute #truthbomb on your world.

https://stylecaster.com/applebees-drink-specials/
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Not sure what you mean by "accessible" - there's one close to where I live (not cheap) and it's packed on Sundays. Looks like they're spaced about 10-15 miles apart in the bay area

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bruh, I mentioned $1 LITs itt, I live for them and we're probably not going to get them this year.  :cry:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Not sure what you mean by "accessible" - there's one close to where I live (not cheap) and it's packed on Sundays. Looks like they're spaced about 10-15 miles apart in the bay area

In Boston I don't think I ever saw a single Applebee's or Chili's and there was one Olive Garden.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure there was a lofted one maybe 4 stories up in that touristy area I was in.  It looked like there tables on an outdoor balcony, which would be pretty nice as applebees goes.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it was a wild time. Thinking back to that sizzler promo commercial but i don't remember what thread it was posted in a long time ago. will repost link here tho just b/c wow what an incredible time to be alive. wow.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YGtQ40Qvs[/youtube]

So much going on in that commercial and I have no idea what any of it has to do with eating at Sizzler but I was hooked from the very beginning when it showed that dog catching a frisbee in slow motion.  Please, everyone, take 4 minutes and 41 seconds out of your day to watch this masterpiece.

The same people who did that must have also done things like:   The Positive Attributes of a Global Thermo-Nuclear Exchange

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

In Boston I don't think I ever saw a single Applebee's or Chili's and there was one Olive Garden.

yeah there's not one in SF (but there is an Olive Garden!). I think it may have more to do with them targeting suburbs more than cost of living though. could be wrong.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure there was a lofted one maybe 4 stories up in that touristy area I was in.  It looked like there tables on an outdoor balcony, which would be pretty nice as applebees goes.

I guess the tables weren't fully outside, but close!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that makes sense! weird it didn't show up on google maps for me

https://www.applebees.com/en/restaurants?searchQuery=san%20francisco%2C%20ca

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think it's permanently closed. Showed up on maps on my computer as such but not on my phone. Some restaurant chain's gonna get a hell of a deal there eventually.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
The last Applebee's I went to was in Pleasanton on the way home from a sharks game  :Carl:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I started my 21st bday off at the MTC applebees so you know I won't talk no mess on them.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This thread is making me rough ridin' hungry.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Applebees is fine and kind of a meme, but I legit love Chili's.  I have the app on my phone.  I wish I went there a lot more than I currently do.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Every post by DQ12 makes me yearn for a Blizzard. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Every post by DQ12 makes me yearn for a Blizzard.
It should make you yearn for the truth re. Pizzagate. #WWG1WGA

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
best chilis dish is the crispy chicken tacos

best chilis burger is the craft burger bites (even though it is just a full size hamburger cut into 4 pieces and put on kings hawaiian rolls.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The last Applebee's I went to was in Pleasanton on the way home from a sharks game  :Carl:

rough ridin' gross, 7.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
best chilis dish is the crispy chicken tacos

best chilis burger is the craft burger bites (even though it is just a full size hamburger cut into 4 pieces and put on kings hawaiian rolls.

Electric Lemonade  :drink:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

rough ridin' gross, 7.
Dublin/Pleasanton has really good "ethnic" food in the shitty strip malls and also has a Hooters

(Is "ethnic food" problematic yet?)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
I think since Covid started my childhood Applebee’s closed permanently- 151st St in Stanley.  Spent a lot of high school weeknights there crushing half price apps after 9pm
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

rough ridin' gross, 7.
Dublin/Pleasanton has really good "ethnic" food in the shitty strip malls and also has a Hooters

(Is "ethnic food" problematic yet?)

He knows what was gross there and it sure as hell wasn't the food.