Author Topic: COVID Classes (back-to-school related)  (Read 21734 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: COVID Classes (back-to-school related)
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2020, 10:40:33 PM »
"did you follow cdc guidelines?"  - "no"
"did you follow advice from qualified medical sources?" - "no"

:dunno:

the CDC school "guidance" is pretty masterful at not giving a single requirement, just sharing "considerations" or things to do "when feasible"

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/schools.html
Yep. That was Johnson county’s guidelines. As long as everyone is masked assume you are ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they also don't say anything about quarantining close contacts - it just says to notify them. So that Mississippi school is really going above and beyond.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2020, 11:05:16 PM »

lol

Olathe is demanding that teachers that have health issues and need to teach remotely still must show up to school.

That is school is in session but teacher has students that chose to return remotely.

Wtf

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2020, 11:15:30 PM »
Olathe is demanding that teachers that have health issues and need to teach remotely still must show up to school.

That is school is in session but teacher has students that chose to return remotely.

Wtf

the teacher in this article died doing that, but i dunno.

i would support prosecuting individuals deemed responsible for reopening schools for manslaughter.

https://twitter.com/DanRather/status/1289988107228479489
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2020, 12:30:29 AM »
yep, you have to show up unless you have an ADA note requiring accommodations from your doctor.

Still not clear on exactly what the quarantine rules will be.

Riley County/USD 383 has pretty clear guidelines related to positive case counts automatically triggering a hybrid or fully remote plan.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2020, 10:58:27 AM »
like, holy crap, this is so stupid and sad

I mean I guess the superintendent is correct that there isn't much you can do if having 2000 kids in a high school is the only option

The district superintendent, Brian Otott, sent a message to parents in the wake of the photo. He offered “context” for the photograph: “Class changes that look like this may happen, especially at a high school with more than 2,000 students.” There was little the district could do, he said, beyond encouraging masks.

Steven, a North Paulding student who asked that only his middle name be used, said he felt safe going to school without a mask. Most of the hallways he encountered, he said, were far less crowded than in the one in the photograph. And the virus itself, he said, didn’t seem like “much of a problem” in Paulding County.

“I’ve only known three people to get it, other than the football players, obviously,” Steven said. “If I get it, I get it. I believe that’s what most people in my area's ideology is — if we get it, we get it.”

Steven said he didn’t want to let worries about spreading the virus to his family control his life.

“Most of my family, including my grandparents, think the same as well,” he said. “We just go on about our business and keep it out of our mind.”

FIRST AMENDMENT ALERT
On Wednesday, the school addressed the controversy that had swirled around the viral photograph via an intercom announcement from North Paulding High School principal Gabe Carmona. In it, according to two people familiar with the situation, he stated that any student found criticizing the school on social media could face disciplinary consequences.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2020, 12:59:20 PM »
USD 383 starting with first month hybrid. 2 days in person, 3 at home.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2020, 01:03:32 PM »
USD 383 starting with first month hybrid. 2 days in person, 3 at home.

splitting the school into cohorts?

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
COVID Classes (back-to-school related)
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2020, 01:59:24 PM »
I haven’t read the details on secondary, but I would think so. For elementary they are saying siblings will go on the same days.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2020, 02:20:51 PM »
We need a voice of reason on this whole matter.

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1291421434640609282

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2020, 02:25:34 PM »

it really is kind of amazing how difficult it is for people to grasp this.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2020, 02:56:08 PM »
holy crap

https://twitter.com/ihateiceman/status/1290728743263252480

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1291456533482668032

A 15-year-old student at the high school, Hannah Watters, was suspended for five days for posting images of the crowded hallways on Twitter, according to her mother, Lynne Watters, who said she filed a grievance with the school on Thursday morning.

But he acknowledged, “There is no question that the photo does not look good.”Masks are not required at the school, Mr. Otott said, though the administration strongly encourages them for students and staff members.

“Wearing a mask is a personal choice, and there is no practical way to enforce a mandate to wear them,” he wrote, adding that more than 2,000 students attend the high school.

someone in the comments pointed out that they have a dress code that bans spaghetti strap shirts

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2020, 03:07:05 PM »

Hard to get to the bottom of the fullback controversy when you’re too busy solving the world’s problems.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2020, 03:09:14 PM »
holy crap

A 15-year-old student at the high school, Hannah Watters, was suspended for five days for posting images of the crowded hallways on Twitter, according to her mother, Lynne Watters, who said she filed a grievance with the school on Thursday morning.

But he acknowledged, “There is no question that the photo does not look good.”Masks are not required at the school, Mr. Otott said, though the administration strongly encourages them for students and staff members.

“Wearing a mask is a personal choice, and there is no practical way to enforce a mandate to wear them,” he wrote, adding that more than 2,000 students attend the high school.

someone in the comments pointed out that they have a dress code that bans spaghetti strap shirts

Good grief.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2020, 03:13:21 PM »
Hard to get to the bottom of the fullback controversy when you’re too busy solving the world’s problems.

I still have beef with the juice but I’ll put it on ice until we’re all chip’d.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2020, 03:19:59 PM »
holy crap

Good grief.
School reopening is doing to be a disaster. Prove me wrong.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2020, 03:33:02 PM »
I was thinking the same thing in response to that ridiculous comment about “can’t regulate what they choose to wear.” Just zero self awareness.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2020, 03:53:18 PM »
I was thinking the same thing in response to that ridiculous comment about “can’t regulate what they choose to wear.” Just zero self awareness.
At least Georgia isn't one of those states that has had a bad COVID outbreak or something.

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2020, 05:23:57 PM »
USD383:

With Hybrid Learning, students will be divided into two groups, with all students in a household together in either Group A or Group B. Group A will attend on-site on Monday and Tuesday, and will be remote Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Group B will be remote Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and attend on-site on Thursday and Friday. It is anticipated that decisions about household assignments to Group A or Group B will be shared with households by August 19. For more about Hybrid Learning - including a sample calendar on pages 68-70 showing when Groups A and B report if there are less than five days of school in a week - please refer to the “Building Foundations for a Strong Reopening” document mentioned in the first paragraph of this letter.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2020, 10:02:03 PM »
Good move

https://twitter.com/sean_callahan/status/1291567189187792896

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2020, 10:07:53 PM »
Yeah California just went ahead and postponed fall HS sports until December at the earliest. We're lucky that it's NBD to play football in January and February here.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2020, 10:19:27 PM »
Imagine Nubbs without football though. They will riot.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2020, 10:24:52 PM »
Olathe board members argued that sports should go because kids will also be playing club sports so they’re exposed either way

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2020, 12:00:04 AM »
In Kansas, we are starting sports before school. Need to make up for lost time with shut down summer workouts and no camps.