Author Topic: Athletes Forcing Change  (Read 94732 times)

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2020, 04:01:16 PM »
Here I have an idea, match every scholarship you grant an african american student athlete with 5 more just like it for african american non athletes.  That would feel a little more genuine.  pffft of color my ass!
i believe that's part of the plan. more scholarships for underprivileged communities. i'm proud of this.
and if some people dont like a pro-diversity message at ksu public gatherings then maybe we dont them at our gatherings. i think we need people of all color and all origin to go to ksu. we will not survive with just farmers kids. i think that has already started to show itself. its past time to change our brand in order to help our future. i'll take all the farmers i can get and i'll also take anyone else. but i think farmers already feel welcome here. i'm not sure many others do.
have you ever seen a couple african american football recruits walking around the stadium during a game? i can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be for many of them. not because of offensive comments or looks. Just how different this world looks from theirs.
i dont think i would sign on to attend one of the historically black colleges. i understand how they might go home wondering if this is where they could feel comfortable

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2020, 05:33:08 PM »
Here I have an idea, match every scholarship you grant an african american student athlete with 5 more just like it for african american non athletes.  That would feel a little more genuine.  pffft of color my ass!

I LOVE the idea of more scholarships for non-athletes.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2020, 05:38:20 PM »

maga  :cheers:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2020, 06:07:24 PM »

No maga here, bro.  Just a fan of more scholarships for scholars.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2020, 06:41:12 PM »
Maga here. Conservatives are liberals who were mugged by reality.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2020, 07:17:27 PM »
or the other way around. depending if your reality is self focused or outwardly focused.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2020, 07:48:32 PM »
or the other way around. depending if your reality is self focused or outwardly focused.

:Bullsh!t: but it's not worth sidetracking what has been a decent conversation.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2020, 07:50:53 PM »
i believe that's part of the plan. more scholarships for underprivileged communities. i'm proud of this.
and if some people dont like a pro-diversity message at ksu public gatherings then maybe we dont them at our gatherings. i think we need people of all color and all origin to go to ksu. we will not survive with just farmers kids. i think that has already started to show itself. its past time to change our brand in order to help our future. i'll take all the farmers i can get and i'll also take anyone else. but i think farmers already feel welcome here. i'm not sure many others do.
have you ever seen a couple african american football recruits walking around the stadium during a game? i can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be for many of them. not because of offensive comments or looks. Just how different this world looks from theirs.
i dont think i would sign on to attend one of the historically black colleges. i understand how they might go home wondering if this is where they could feel comfortable

You're aware that K-State has a large presence in Wichita and Kansas City, yes? It's not just a bunch of corn feds from Scott City and Smith Center.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2020, 08:54:53 PM »
I can def hear the grumbling throughout the stadium, though. I don’t think it would last for a whole season though. Most people resistant to the phrase Black Lives Matter haven’t put much time into trying to understand it.

You won't hear anything in the stadium, it will be empty.

If you want to support the NAACP, it's legit go ahead.

BLM advocates violence and killing cops. WOOF.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:06:02 PM by eastcat »

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2020, 08:56:20 PM »

You mean like earning them for what you know and not what you look like?

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Boycott K-State Football/Fire Myers and Taylor
« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2020, 09:43:19 PM »
Will BSFS every be full again?  Probably not.  :cry:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Boycott K-State Football/Fire Myers and Taylor
« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2020, 09:57:00 PM »
please leave KSU and never come back

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2020, 09:59:14 PM »
steffy is the herpes of this board

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2020, 10:21:06 PM »

You're aware that K-State has a large presence in Wichita and Kansas City, yes? It's not just a bunch of corn feds from Scott City and Smith Center.
yes i know that. i think you probably knew i was generalizing a lot when describing what most of us would agree the most common KSU student profile. i lumped them together thinking it would be ok. sorry but to an african american or any outsider of kansas a kid from wichita is almost indistinguishable from a kid from abilene. Usually. either way the school can not just rely on the kids from wichita, kc, and farmland, ks.  and whether some people like it nor not that means doing something to attract kids from outside our usual territory.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 01, 2020, 10:23:43 PM »
I could go preach to the choir on other boards but it is so much more fun triggering the pansies here.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 01, 2020, 10:27:57 PM »

This message board and PC crowd can’t fill BSFS.
Maybe a couple of rows in the end zone.

Big donors leaving. :cry:

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 01, 2020, 10:28:20 PM »

You mean like earning them for what you know and not what you look like?
why is earning a scholarship for what you know preferable than scholarships for other reasons? not sure why that is important actually? 25% of my fraternity had absolutely no business being in college if academic desire or talent was a prerequisite or condition to hang around. ACT score is not a precise indicator of knowledge or future career prospects. some of the dumbest shits i ever met in college are either doing incredible things or have made millions of dollars. So trying to choose the future contribution of kids by an ACT score or as you call "for what they know" has already been proven to be inaccurate. HALF the kids with your so called brains drop out of college anyway.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 01, 2020, 10:30:15 PM »

OK thanks for the update. We just sent in a donation tonight

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 01, 2020, 10:32:10 PM »

OK thanks for the update. We just sent in a donation tonight

:ROFL:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 01, 2020, 10:57:13 PM »
Steffy, we’ll fill the stadium proud. Stop treating athletes like animals for your entertainment. If we lose you as a guest, many will be happy to fill your seat. Don’t be a d bag!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 01, 2020, 11:21:08 PM »
Classic WokeyCat69

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 01, 2020, 11:21:45 PM »
Steffy, we’ll fill the stadium proud. Stop treating athletes like animals for your entertainment. If we lose you as a guest, many will be happy to fill your seat. Don’t be a d bag!

Well said Wackycat, well said.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 01, 2020, 11:27:28 PM »
Sorry about your ACT score, brah.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 01, 2020, 11:30:15 PM »
When keeping it real goes wrong
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 01, 2020, 11:33:00 PM »

Lol drama “animals”

Stadium won’t be full.  Silent majority (especially kstaters) do not buy into the narrative that police are racist and should be defunded.  Nor do they believe that there is “institutional racism” ( whatever that means)