Author Topic: Athletes Forcing Change  (Read 94658 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2020, 03:33:09 PM »
It is sorta interesting (in addition to obviously shitty) to watch the occasional person such as Known Worst Poster Eastcat twist themselves into knots trying to defend the tweet.

As much as i'm embarrassed by how many of the bloggers here are outing themselves as completely stupid, I would also like to go on the record for saying i'm glad they are sharing their stupid thoughts and i hope they feel safe to continue to do so. This place would be p boring if we were all just standing around in a circle knucklin off each others cranks

It's @sonofdaxjones

See also @dugoutdickstone and @Trim

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2020, 03:38:57 PM »
Mods please change the thread title to athletes forcing racists to out themselves

And please don't forget to add, "and let MIR continue to be a bigot but everyone will just turn their heads"... 

I assume that’s because most people have not been offended by what MIR has said. Is there something specific you’re thinking of?

I'm sure when he uses the term honky or cracker he is just trying to get some good ole yucks from you guys so never mind.. :rolleyes:
Do those terms offend you? I’m asking because as a white man they really don’t offend me and I’m genuinely curious if you find them offensive or if you are just upset that whites don’t have slurs associated with decades of hate and oppression that they can be offended by.

No those terms don't offend me but that's not the point and you know it.  He used it in a derogatory manner which therefore should be inexcusable.  Why should the double standard even be allowed to exist?  How do I know he doesn't or won't use offense words for other ethnicity?

And I'm glad that it doesn't offend you as a white man.  Maybe we should change your name to cracktastophe?  Are you the board monitor on what terms are offensive for each nationality? 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2020, 03:43:15 PM »
Alright possibly racist posters Purplewood and Eastcat, group up with me.

The question isn't whether or not it was a joke, or if it was a joke, whether or not it was funny. The question is, how much oxygen do you give a single, insensitive tweet? And on what basis is that response justified? The marketplace of ideas will work itself out.

Not sure why you're grouping me in here.  I said the guy was an idiot.  I think something should be done but not sure it will easy to do and am also afraid that if it doesn't get handled properly that you'll have someone else doing the same thing.  Please show me where I ever came close to saying it was okay or acceptable or just a joke. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2020, 03:52:13 PM »
Mods please change the thread title to athletes forcing racists to out themselves

And please don't forget to add, "and let MIR continue to be a bigot but everyone will just turn their heads"... 

I assume that’s because most people have not been offended by what MIR has said. Is there something specific you’re thinking of?

I'm sure when he uses the term honky or cracker he is just trying to get some good ole yucks from you guys so never mind.. :rolleyes:
Do those terms offend you? I’m asking because as a white man they really don’t offend me and I’m genuinely curious if you find them offensive or if you are just upset that whites don’t have slurs associated with decades of hate and oppression that they can be offended by.

No those terms don't offend me but that's not the point and you know it.  He used it in a derogatory manner which therefore should be inexcusable.  Why should the double standard even be allowed to exist?  How do I know he doesn't or won't use offense words for other ethnicity?

And I'm glad that it doesn't offend you as a white man.  Maybe we should change your name to cracktastophe ?  Are you the board monitor on what terms are offensive for each nationality?

Omg - MODS

And my point is it’s not a double standard. You should expect that members of historically oppressed groups (and I’m not just talking about skin color) are going to be offended by using derogatory terms because the odds are they’ve personally experienced pain associated with similar derogatory behavior. I’d steer clear from making an offhand joke about flying airplanes into buildings in NYC (really anywhere) for the same reason.

I suspected you would not be offended by cracker or honkey because there is no pain or oppression related to them. In fact the only time I’ve seen people “upset” about them is almost exactly like the “all lives matter” crowd who use it to divert the conversation away from someone else’s legitimate concerns.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2020, 03:59:14 PM »
I can't even imagine a world where MIR hasn't called me cracker or honky plenty of times over the past decade.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2020, 04:00:14 PM »
Honky is hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2020, 04:02:49 PM »
A lot of people in the real world today thought the ksu twitter guys joke was funny  :frown:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2020, 04:13:50 PM »

And I'm glad that it doesn't offend you as a white man.  Maybe we should change your name to cracktastophe?  Are you the board monitor on what terms are offensive for each nationality?

I like the idea of some name changes

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2020, 04:13:56 PM »

And I'm glad that it doesn't offend you as a white man.  Maybe we should change your name to cracktastophe ?  Are you the board monitor on what terms are offensive for each nationality?

Omg - MODS

And my point is it’s not a double standard. You should expect that members of historically oppressed groups (and I’m not just talking about skin color) are going to be offended by using derogatory terms because the odds are they’ve personally experienced pain associated with similar derogatory behavior. I’d steer clear from making an offhand joke about flying airplanes into buildings in NYC (really anywhere) for the same reason.

I suspected you would not be offended by cracker or honkey because there is no pain or oppression related to them. In fact the only time I’ve seen people “upset” about them is almost exactly like the “all lives matter” crowd who use it to divert the conversation away from someone else’s legitimate concerns.

I agree with all of that but that doesn't mean people should get the green light to use derogatory terms especially when discussing a topic like this.  I think that's part of the reason we are where we are because people thought it was acceptable and if even if they didn't they just shrugged their shoulders because they thought it was funny.

Also, you're welcome on your new name. :gocho:

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2020, 04:15:03 PM »

I like the idea of some name changes

Noooooooooo!!!    :shakesfist: :runaway: :shakesfist:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2020, 04:15:31 PM »
Honky is hilarious

It is great. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2020, 04:22:44 PM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2020, 04:26:53 PM »

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2020, 04:37:46 PM »
It's more lip service, when BLM tires of lip service things will escalate.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2020, 04:40:56 PM »
It's more lip service, when BLM tires of lip service things will escalate.

What is your prediction of how they will escalate?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2020, 04:49:56 PM »
first do you agree that as a whole white America has adopted a strategy of giving lip service to BLM but has no intention of relinquishing any power or advantages that they may have to BLM or african americans ?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2020, 05:03:07 PM »
Honky is hilarious

It is great.

I lol every time I hear it, it's a very funny word.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2020, 05:04:25 PM »
I would say the events of the last few weeks are an escalation of the collective citizenship being tired of lip service. I know it's inconvenient for you, but Americans views on this (as a whole) have shifted dramatically.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2020, 05:08:43 PM »
It's pretty telling that you view racial equality as a threat to yourself though  :th_twocents:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2020, 05:12:24 PM »
I would say the events of the last few weeks are an escalation of the collective citizenship being tired of lip service. I know it's inconvenient for you, but Americans views on this (as a whole) have shifted dramatically.

I've got so much privilege it doesn't really affect me, but I am intrigued by it.  From my view the lip service escalated after the recent cop murder and subsequent outrage.  Supporters of BLM believe that the movement has momentum and are expecting tangible changes.  I don't think they will get anything but window dressing and be disappointed.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2020, 05:17:45 PM »
And then what?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2020, 05:19:36 PM »
more than riots and fires  :dunno:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2020, 05:20:33 PM »
or maybe nuthin' i dont know

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2020, 05:26:48 PM »
So your claim is that "BLM will escalate", but you won't actually say what you think that escalation would be.