Author Topic: Random MHK Factoids or rumors and rumblins  (Read 13973 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Random MHK Factoids or rumors and rumblins
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2022, 12:26:21 PM »
Bolos is going to have to move?  Holy crap.

Online Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2022, 12:38:14 PM »
Quote from: Coco Bolo's
We’re saddened to inform you that we’ve lost our lease and will be shutting the doors on our physical location at the close of business on Saturday, January 22.

We’ve been serving up loud food and spicy music to you all since November of 1998, so we invite you in these last two weeks to enjoy a Tijuana Trainwreck or a glass of sangria with your friends.

While we’re sad this is the end for our physical location, we are still excited to continue providing Manhattan and the surrounding area with our unique tastes from the gulf coast, southern Texas and New Mexico through our offsite catering kitchen, just as we have for the past six years. 

We know many of you have fond memories of times spent in our restaurant. Thank you for making us part of your celebrations over these past 20 plus years. It’s been an honor to be small part of your life in this city we love so much.

As they say at Mardi Gras, let the good times roll!

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2022, 12:50:59 PM »
Dreiling not getting Coco Bolo's lease renewed because the owner of the building thinks he's a dick 
Bingo.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2022, 04:07:21 PM »
aggieville is so much more run down than it used to be

falsettos pizza was so good back in the day

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2022, 08:49:47 PM »
Sad deal.

https://www.wibw.com/2021/12/12/rcpd-investigating-shooting-aggieville-bar/
Fun fact. Summer of 2008ish Ben Ji was working as a dish dog at Bolo's. Bartender comes back and was like "Hey, check out who is sitting at the bar". We look over and it's Bill rough ridin' Murray. Apparently his brothers wife was taking some vet classes at Kstate then and he was visiting.

Anyways he has a couple beers and then orders bananas foster. I'm a huge Bill Murray fan (I was a caddy for like 2 months in highschool because I liked caddy shack so much) and begged the main cook to let me make the bananas foster. He agreed and I rough ridin' tossed those Nana's is brown sugar and flamed em up.

Afterwards I wrote "Bill Murray's Pan" on it in sharpie and hung it on the wall in the kitchen where it stayed for like 5 days before getting put back into regular circulation.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2022, 05:52:58 AM »
HCI probably didn't make the best decision in forcing the Cox brothers out when they just so happened to be very very good friends with the landlord of their flagship restaurant in town.  :dunno: I anticipate we will see something new move into that location soon enough and based on the people that will likely be involved it will probably be good to great.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Random MHK Factoids or rumors and rumblins
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2022, 08:51:21 AM »
HCI probably didn't make the best decision in forcing the Cox brothers out when they just so happened to be very very good friends with the landlord of their flagship restaurant in town.  :dunno: I anticipate we will see something new move into that location soon enough and based on the people that will likely be involved it will probably be good to great.
Speaking of new places are you getting excited for aggieville brewing company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2022, 12:11:38 PM »
Pretty much this. Julie loves bud and bob.  dd was also getting a steal on rent, like 2500/mo for that prime spot. If you're trying to go one last time you better go soon before the cooks all quit.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2022, 03:32:32 PM »

Who will be involved? Rob? Will bolos open up somewhere else?

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2022, 11:52:10 PM »

Not really tbh. I wish them the best though. Any idea what their timeline is? I know that building needed a LOT of work.

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2022, 11:55:25 PM »
Pretty much this. Julie loves bud and bob.  dd was also getting a steal on rent, like 2500/mo for that prime spot. If you're trying to go one last time you better go soon before the cooks all quit.

I don't know if the cooks will quit. HCI offered them all jobs at their other restaurants and are compensating them well to finish out. I had brunch there today and it was packed. Place will be packed for the next two weeks.

I would be surprised if they opened Bolos somewhere else. They will probably just offer catering out of their ghost kitchen.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 12:04:00 AM by waks »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2022, 08:19:53 AM »
Dreiling not getting Coco Bolo's lease renewed because the owner of the building thinks he's a dick  :lol:

Is that part of the family of the insufferable kid that moved to Hawaii on his daddy’s dime?

That's the dad

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2022, 10:10:39 AM »

I don't know if the cooks will quit. HCI offered them all jobs at their other restaurants and are compensating them well to finish out. I had brunch there today and it was packed. Place will be packed for the next two weeks.

Wasn't aware of that. Good for them.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2022, 05:49:48 PM »

I would be surprised if they opened Bolos somewhere else. They will probably just offer catering out of their ghost kitchen.

Answer my “who will be involved?” In whatever replaces coco bolos you don’t of a bitch

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2022, 09:31:06 PM »

Answer my “who will be involved?” In whatever replaces coco bolos you don’t of a bitch
Check your pms you dumdum  :blindfold:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2022, 10:04:13 AM »

Not really tbh. I wish them the best though. Any idea what their timeline is? I know that building needed a LOT of work.
Answer: "Hopefully 2022!"

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2022, 11:11:20 AM »
coco bolo's was like the most famous non ksu thing in manhattan, wow

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2022, 08:59:27 AM »
Manhattan townies. My spring break plans most likely busted so I'm looking for shorter trips/things to do with the kids. I was thinking of heading to Manhattan for a day or so. I think there is a Cat baseball game that week that we might hit. What else should I do for a day or so with the kids. Any good new/kid friendly restaurants that my kids can do fun stuff and I can have booze drinks? Is Goolsbys place open? Thanks for any tips.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2022, 09:04:55 AM »
Manhattan townies. My spring break plans most likely busted so I'm looking for shorter trips/things to do with the kids. I was thinking of heading to Manhattan for a day or so. I think there is a Cat baseball game that week that we might hit. What else should I do for a day or so with the kids. Any good new/kid friendly restaurants that my kids can do fun stuff and I can have booze drinks? Is Goolsbys place open? Thanks for any tips.

Goolsby's is open and good for kids but not sure about food there.  My family likes Hi Lo a lot.  Goolsby's only has the weird swipe card/self-serve taps and I don't really drink beer any more but you can walk over to the hotel bar and bring drinks back over. Pretty odd. 

Depending upon weather Konza hike and/or Pillsbury (over 75).  The baseball games are legit great for the kids with the play structure now.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2022, 09:14:43 AM »

They opened a trampoline place close to Anderson/Seth Child.  It's at the old Genesis/Ray's Apple Mart location depending on your era of MHK knowledge.  The car museum is right there too if they would enjoy that.

Goolsby's is pretty small and has had large groups dominating it when I've gone.  It would probably be fun but I would aim for a weekday or early afternoon for it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2022, 09:15:31 AM »
Also, if one of your kids is a snob who only drinks cocktails, Goolsby's probably won't work.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2022, 09:28:12 AM »
Goolsbys kinda blows honestly.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2022, 09:45:17 AM »

They opened a trampoline place close to Anderson/Seth Child.  It's at the old Genesis/Ray's Apple Mart location depending on your era of MHK knowledge.  The car museum is right there too if they would enjoy that.

Goolsby's is pretty small and has had large groups dominating it when I've gone.  It would probably be fun but I would aim for a weekday or early afternoon for it.

It would prob be mid week and an afternoon so I assume I'd be good. Thanks

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2022, 09:53:50 AM »
Goolsbys kinda blows honestly.

I've only been once but yeah it was a little underwhelming. I think it will be fun on a random summer afternoon.

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2022, 10:35:55 AM »

It would prob be mid week and an afternoon so I assume I'd be good. Thanks
They have food but it is very uninspired.