Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 120979 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1600 on: April 18, 2024, 09:11:17 AM »
Do they get held legally responsible when one of the independent contractors commits a crime? Was thinking they have in the past but I could be wrong. In this instance it appears they don't know who their customer is and allowed their service to be used in pursuit of fraud that resulted in one of their independent contractors getting killed.

It has happened but that's pretty different than this case.  they literally never know who their customer is.  they know their customer has a cellphone and a credit card, that's usually it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 18, 2024, 09:31:58 AM »
I would think Uber might bear some legal culpability on this front if their medium was used as a mechanism for fraud that got someone killed.

You might think that ...

A couple years ago Uber came out and said they would no longer be allowing their drivers to drop off and pick up kids for school if parents weren't in the car.  I always assumed this was for similar reasons.  Makes me think that Uber this they may share culpability as well.

Not to go all lawyer here but how does a ride share app have any culpability for the old man's killing/embarrassed for getting grifted boner?

I am unable to go all lawyer, as I am not one.  So  :dunno:

Just seems like instances like this, everyone gets sued and that results in companies not allowing certain activities.  Figured they would have removed themselves from services that seem higher risk.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 18, 2024, 09:33:47 AM »
USPS moves more drugs than the cartels
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite