Poll

Are you satisfied with how the balloon has been handled?

Yes
18 (72%)
No
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: February 06, 2023, 06:33:55 PM

Author Topic: Are you satisfied with how the balloon has been handled?  (Read 4618 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Are you satisfied with how the balloon has been handled?
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2023, 11:57:59 AM »
The best part  is the very clear, concise one voice messaging from the administration on all of this.    :thumbsup:

Balloons, objects, not sure, maybe UFO's, definitely not UFO's.  We hit it, we missed, it took two shots, we saw it, we didn't see it, we weren't sure . . . this has happened before, well it kinda happened before, we have a domain gap, we don't have a domain gap, it's the filters, it's not the filters

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2023, 12:36:23 PM »
The best part  is the very clear, concise one voice messaging from the administration on all of this.    :thumbsup:

Balloons, objects, not sure, maybe UFO's, definitely not UFO's.  We hit it, we missed, it took two shots, we saw it, we didn't see it, we weren't sure . . . this has happened before, well it kinda happened before, we have a domain gap, we don't have a domain gap, it's the filters, it's not the filters

You forgot that they haven't been able to recover anything because all of the locations are very hard to get too.  I'm sure it will take several more days to search that tough terrain.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2023, 12:42:33 PM »
remember 4 posts ago in this thread when i talked about living in the brain of a conspiracy believer for a day?    :excited:

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2023, 12:55:27 PM »
remember 4 posts ago in this thread when i talked about living in the brain of a conspiracy believer for a day?    :excited:

Sharing a link that has a different take on something doesn't make one a total conspiracy theorist?  I will say them staying silent on all of this has the little bit of conspiracy in me giddy though.  :driving:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2023, 01:16:21 PM »
I want to spend a day inside the brain of someone who goes all-in on conspiracy theories and ufo stuff, i think it would be fascinating.

:lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2023, 01:20:14 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2023, 01:27:03 PM »
 :lol: :lol: at the clown car OKA as the Biden Administration . . . is a conspiracy theory OKC and #blueanongE   :thumbsup:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2023, 01:46:52 PM »
imagine being the first pilot to miss one of these

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2023, 01:55:32 PM »

they're so used to leading a fast moving target...its probably like how major league baseball players cant hit a pitch thrown slower than 55 mph even if its right down the pipe

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2023, 02:19:27 PM »

they're so used to leading a fast moving target...its probably like how major league baseball players cant hit a pitch thrown slower than 55 mph even if its right down the pipe

I would pretty upset if I found out that our fighter jets require the pilot to "lead" any of their targets.  Seems like we should be past that by a few decades...

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2023, 02:23:01 PM »
AIM-9x is a infrared guided missle. A Ballon is not going to have a strong if any heat signature. I'm surprised they've work as well as they have. It also doesn't exactly hit a target and explode. It has a proximity fuse that detonates and shoots shrapnel out like a shotgun blast to bring down aircraft.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 02:26:03 PM by Gooch »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2023, 02:27:49 PM »
AIM-9x is a infrared guided missle. A Ballon is not going to have a strong if any heat signature. I'm surprised they've work as well as they have. It also doesn't exactly hit a target and explode. It has a proximity fuse that detonates and shoots shrapnel out like a shotgun blast to bring down aircraft.

I was just coming here to post this. Thanks.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2023, 02:35:13 PM »

I would pretty upset if I found out that our fighter jets require the pilot to "lead" any of their targets.  Seems like we should be past that by a few decades...

They're only $400,000 a pop so who cares.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2023, 02:39:08 PM »
Hey BAC how can you shoot women and children?!

BAC:  Easy, I just lead them a little less!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2023, 02:41:10 PM »

seems like a bitchy thing to care about. 

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2023, 02:53:34 PM »

seems like a bitchy thing to care about.

I'd agree with you if we were talking about a Chinese fighter jet or one of those slow ass Russian planes... but a balloon (if that what it actually was :ohno:)?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2023, 02:56:38 PM »
We should tape a knife to all the F-Whatever fighter jets and have them just fly through the balloons/aliens. 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2023, 03:25:17 PM »
Hey BAC how can you shoot women and children?!

BAC:  Easy, I just lead them a little less!

if it worked in 'nam it will work on balloons

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2023, 02:20:13 PM »
@stevedave "obscure" Twitter handle alert, this one "only" has 16K followers.

So on the Steve Dave is triggered by Twitter again rating scale that's a "moderately obscure" rating

https://twitter.com/IntelWalrus/status/1627479366857809922?s=20

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2023, 03:37:41 PM »
you guys remember that scene from the movie Men In Black where Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones) says to a distraught Agent J (Will Smith) that there's always an Arquillian battle cruiser or a Corillian death ray or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet and the only way these people can get on with their happy little lives is if they do. not. know about it.

because i do remember that scene

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile