Author Topic: Election game thread  (Read 28705 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Election game thread
« Reply #375 on: November 09, 2016, 02:56:15 PM »
We also need to do whatever we can to help the Mexican economy.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 09, 2016, 03:02:25 PM »
If they can't send their cash back home they may not come. 

How on earth would Trump prevent them from doing this?  The cyber is really complicated for that sort of thing.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 09, 2016, 03:02:48 PM »
all the celebrities tweeting about how ashamed they are can kindly STFU.  just so annoying.  their arrogance/smugness about this whole cycle is partly to blame for Donald's rise imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 09, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »

How do you stop that, ask people working at western union and moneygram to ask for papers?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 09, 2016, 03:06:44 PM »

How do you stop that, ask people working at western union and moneygram to ask for papers?

Is this a job that we can finally ship Currie off too?  <-- cross-post w/silver linings

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 09, 2016, 03:07:11 PM »

Just tax all currency wired to Mexico.  It's pretty mumped up and I'm not advocating for it, but it could be an option that, through discussion, could lead us to better more realistic options.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 09, 2016, 03:08:12 PM »

Hire John Currie as secretary of wire transfer snitchin. That does not fall in line with small government philosophy tho. :frown:

edit: God dammit Trim beat me to this.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 09, 2016, 03:27:13 PM »
I can report that in the insular and ideologically-harmonious world of higher education, today is a national day of mourning. The mood at the law school today was what I can only imagine the nation's mood was when JFK was assassinated. My professor today stopped talking with 20 minutes left to go, said "Well, I'm going home to drink," and walked out of the room. Very interesting to observe the confusing and world-view-subverting effect on a group of people who live their lives in a neat little bubble, out of touch with the thoughts and feelings of common folk.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 09, 2016, 03:33:40 PM »
I was very surprised how strongly one side of my family was in support of Trump, despite their heritage.  It was in California so it didn't matter anyway, but still surprising.  Of course they've been here legally for a long time.  One of my best friends who is half Mexican voted Trump, his union worker Mexican dad voted Trump, brother voted Clinton.

My trash man from Guatemala does not like the flood of illegals from Mexico and said he was voting for trump. He came here legally. Said it had nothing to do with race. Uncle Tomas? 

Yep. I'm interested to know how he thinks Donald Trump or any other president will stop illegal immigration. Mexicans started emigrating here in 1850.

Enforce current immigration laws?

1. Who hasn't done that.
2. How does that stop people from crossing the border? You don't think the fear of getting sent back has been alive and well? People in Garden City have been talking about la migra since like forever.

I have work to get done today, so I'm just going to post this for you guys to peruse at your leisure, or just  bash the source, whatever.

Bash the source? I asked you a few questions. I thought pubs weren't supposed to be so sensitive, sorry I hurt your feels.

Ooops, sorry, forgot the link:

http://www.fairus.org/DocServer/ObamaTimeline_2016.pdf

I only went two pages in and that primarily is discussing Obama wanting to enact amnesty. But I'm not sure how you or anyone else can accuse him of not enforcing the law when his administration has deported more than any other administration. Those both can't be true and mine is an indisputable fact, so where did that leave us?

Better yet and to my question, what does Barack Obama or anyone else deporting tens millions of people have to do with them continuing to come into the country? A wall won't do it either. Perhaps a mile wide fiery moat filled with gators across the entire border?

You need to read further down into the timeline.

As for deportations, they changed the definition of deportation to include simple repatriation of those caught just this side of the border, like turned around and sent back to mexico. Those were not counted as deportations in previous administrations from what I understand.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 09, 2016, 03:34:22 PM »
So sad, people living perfectly cushy and pleasant little lives that will go on for years.   Many of whom live in white flight suburbs, gated communities with guard houses and high rises with security cameras and door-person(s) . . .  having a total meltdown.

Sad  SMDH  #firstworldproblems

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 09, 2016, 06:19:04 PM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 09, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »
So sad, people living perfectly cushy and pleasant little lives that will go on for years.   Many of whom live in white flight suburbs, gated communities with guard houses and high rises with security cameras and door-person(s) . . .  having a total meltdown.

i wonder if dax made the same post in 08 and 12  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 09, 2016, 07:08:07 PM »

i wonder if dax made the same post in 08 and 12  :dunno:

Just don't remember many people laying all over the floor, taking to the streets (and offices the next day) crying their eyes out lib.   Maybe it happened, but I don't recall.   I mean people that claim to be all about getting along and love wanting Trump shot.   That's not the same as the lunatic fringe that's always out there.   

#liblogic='slatentanger   

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 09, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »
memory is the first to go in old people dax  :frown:

take care, be safe
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 09, 2016, 07:12:12 PM »
memory is the first to go in old people dax  :frown:

take care, be safe

:bong: of that tends to impact memory as well, but maybe your friends enjoy the same stories over and over lib.  Be good and remember, no one likes passive aggressive angry guy. 

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 30, 2017, 09:09:53 PM »
I don't think he'll touch any progress that's been made for the LGBT. I just think they'll stand neutral from where they're at, which has came a long ways. Gay marriage, separate bathrooms, etc.

http://www.recode.net/2017/1/30/14446972/trump-reversal-lgbt-protections-tech-leaders-championed

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 30, 2017, 10:04:27 PM »
For naive people like WackyTrump08

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 13, 2020, 09:23:42 AM »
Just walking through the park and reminiscing...

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/1260511312729329668

The night America was rescued....  Thank God we dodged that bullet.

bears are fast...