Poll

how do you wash your car?

by hand in your own driveway
2 (15.4%)
drive thru car wash (brushless/automatic/whatever)
9 (69.2%)
some other mystery way
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: car wash master thread  (Read 1656 times)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
car wash master thread
« on: May 11, 2020, 01:35:57 PM »
let's talk car washes itt. i currently do option 2 but don't really like it but also i am pretty lazy and am not really interested in option 1 but maybe i should be?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: car wash master thread
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 01:43:25 PM »
#2 most of the time because it's quicker but I wash by hand probably 4-5 times a year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 01:43:32 PM »
I have a monthly pass at a place that I show up and get to go in the "VIP" line and it's a drive through wash. Then I pull it up in a bay and like 4 guys clean the crap out of the inside in like 10 minutes. Then I leave. The VIP line not only allows me to pass everyone but also makes it so I don't have to pay, it just reads a censor on a sticker on my windshield. I can go as many times as I want. It's only like $60 a month. biggest steal of the century in normal times but right now I'm getting completely mumped since I don't drive anywhere.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 01:46:56 PM »
I typically just do option two, which is usually just buying a discounted wash from Kwik Shop when I fill up. I don’t like vacuuming my own ride, so every few months or as needed I’ll go thru a higher end wash where people vacuum it out for you.

About once a year I’ll take my car into a guy I know and he’ll really detail it up: wax, armor all type stuff inside, etc.

I have no interest in hand washing my own ride.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 01:47:32 PM »
Just wait until it rains

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 01:50:19 PM »
Damn sd, $60/month seems pricy for car cleaning. Do you feel compelled to go thru a lot to make sure you get your money’s worth?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 01:52:34 PM »
I use option #2 most of the time but when I went on Saturday my local auto car wash was closed. So I used the hand wand thing and man is it clean right now.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 01:54:25 PM »
Damn sd, $60/month seems pricy for car cleaning. Do you feel compelled to go thru a lot to make sure you get your money’s worth?

I have several dozen kids who eat millions of calories of goldfish crackers and other misc food stuffs 24/7/365. It's a huge steal I can assure you.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 01:54:46 PM »
let's talk car washes itt. i currently do option 2 but don't really like it but also i am pretty lazy and am not really interested in option 1 but maybe i should be?

In my garage at work, there is a service that will detail your vehicle while you work away upstairs. Peak laziness, some say. Others might say peak efficiency.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 02:09:49 PM »
I go to the carwash place but use the DIY bay with the spray gun and foam brush.  No driveway mess and then you get to cruise home which the windows down and tunes blaring. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 02:11:38 PM »

I have several dozen kids who eat millions of calories of goldfish crackers and other misc food stuffs 24/7/365. It's a huge steal I can assure you.

Is your VIP pass also good for every SD sled or just your main rig? If it is the former then I can def see your point.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 02:36:19 PM »
I try to hit the auto wash once a month or so. The interior never gets cleaned until I sell it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2020, 03:48:00 PM »

Is your VIP pass also good for every SD sled or just your main rig? If it is the former then I can def see your point.

just 1 unfortunately

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2020, 04:08:30 PM »
Bought a powerwasher and pay my youngest son $20 to wash our three sleds.  The thing is, as soon as we leave the house they are dirty again due to the township roads.
@mikec2w

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2020, 04:36:20 PM »
Combo. Wash in driveway once a month or so. Weekly-ish at the cheap brushless to knock off the road bugs.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 04:39:41 PM »
By hand when I have time, otherwise go to car wash and use wand.  Try and get it done with 6 quarters.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 02:10:03 PM »
I'll probably go today since it's supposed to rain tomorrow
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 01:00:20 AM »
I get annoyed when people wash their cars in their driveway here because the monterrey bay aquarium says not to but my god people love washing their cars in their driveway here