Author Topic: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group  (Read 32121 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2020, 10:54:34 PM »
Some dude just sauntered in and casually dropped the all time greatest post in the history of the group.

Are any local restaurants doing carry out alcohol?
All of ours are. On Saturday I got a "growler" of beer on tap that came in what I think was a washed out 32 oz plastic OJ bottle. Was great.
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2020, 11:10:59 PM »
We can get cocktails delivered from restaurants

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2020, 01:22:02 PM »
Via neighbor texts.  Claim is its real.  Suburban Shawnee. Juvenile bobcat?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2020, 05:34:18 PM »
tom that's a housecat

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »
Can the moderators create one giant thread or post for all the shamming and calling out people? They did that for grocery stores and other posts. Everyday there is the same post over and over. Just name it Public Shaming and negativity.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2020, 05:38:03 PM »
Can the moderators create one giant thread or post for all the shamming and calling out people? They did that for grocery stores and other posts. Everyday there is the same post over and over. Just name it Public Shaming and negativity.

Quote from: moderator
Number of grocery posts that were submitted each day was 30+ whereas shaming posts are closer to 1 per day. Not comparable.

Quote from: replier
Sidenote: I would also like to see a sham thread.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2020, 07:02:51 PM »
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2020, 03:59:56 PM »
I just sat about 10+ FD vehicles go down *my street*. Does anyone know what it was about? It was like a procession.

Crying with gratitude here, they did a drive by to wish my daughter a happy 6th birthday. As we all have been, she’s been struggling with the shelter at home. XFD is THE BEST!

Quote from: Karen
Sorry, but you should not be using XFD resources for your kid’s birthday!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2020, 04:41:55 PM »
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »
I just sat about 10+ FD vehicles go down *my street*. Does anyone know what it was about? It was like a procession.

Crying with gratitude here, they did a drive by to wish my daughter a happy 6th birthday. As we all have been, she’s been struggling with the shelter at home. XFD is THE BEST!

Quote from: Karen
Sorry, but you should not be using XFD resources for your kid’s birthday!

Is this the same dump crack that was trespassing in the park?

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2020, 04:37:56 PM »
To the guy at X Park this afternoon who let his dog off leash and told him/her to run after approximately 20 geese who were just pecking the grass, minding their own business, you're an bad person! And then, when they came back, you did it again!! What right do you have to let your dog have his kicks while stressing out these peaceful creatures, while your wife takes a video of the "fun"? Thank goodness no baby geese were in the area at the time.

109 comments, not sure if I want to dive in here

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2020, 04:40:27 PM »
To the guy at X Park this afternoon who let his dog off leash and told him/her to run after approximately 20 geese who were just pecking the grass, minding their own business, you're an bad person! And then, when they came back, you did it again!! What right do you have to let your dog have his kicks while stressing out these peaceful creatures, while your wife takes a video of the "fun"? Thank goodness no baby geese were in the area at the time.

ok, it was worth it for this

DickWagon!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2020, 04:43:28 PM »

ok, it was worth it for this

DickWagon!

xpost with steve dave's first car thread?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2020, 05:01:43 PM »
background, some folks in the bay area howl at a certain time instead of like the clapping for nurse thing and it's spread to my town. https://www.marinij.com/2020/03/27/mill-valleys-new-pandemic-protocol-howling-in-place/

Folks we need your help. The howling on our street has gotten out of hand. It's waking my daughter up. And my dog gets so upset it takes him 15 minutes to stop shaking afterwards.  What happened to clapping? Can't we just go back to that?

128 comments

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2020, 05:05:33 PM »
background, some folks in the bay area howl at a certain time instead of like the clapping for nurse thing and it's spread to my town. https://www.marinij.com/2020/03/27/mill-valleys-new-pandemic-protocol-howling-in-place/

Folks! We need your help. The howling on our street has gotten out of hand. It's waking my daughter up. And my dog gets so upset it takes him 15 minutes to stop shaking afterwards.  What happened to clapping? Can't we just go back to that?

128 comments

xpost every stevedave thread/post.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2020, 05:06:21 PM »
lol

Did you ever think you'd have to ask your neighbors to stop howling? This really is a weird time!

we tried last night and yelled please stop our daughter is sleeping and they yelled back no and continued

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2020, 05:07:08 PM »
Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2020, 05:12:03 PM »
A NOTE to the people who insisted on blasting shitty,  white-bread "music," drunk-laughing and -pontificating, and being classic assholes throughout last night, right outside my bedroom window: I am coming for you. I just heard one of you dump an entire garbage bag  full of "dead soldiers" into the trash and, this being Saturday, I'm betting I can expect the same from you tonight. I'm partyin' with a mask on, and here's what you can expect: I have a Fender Twin reverb amp pointed at your deck. It features 85 watts, dual 12” Jensen speakers, and tilt-back legs for fine-tuning my aim. At my fingertips is an entire collection of Appalachian mountain music, including recordings of Roscoe Holcomb, Fiddlin' John Carson, Alma Gluck, and Eck Robertson. Wanna hear eight solid hours of "Arkansas Traveler"? CAN DO. Wanna enjoy Henry Whitter's version of "The Wreck on the Southern Old 97" ricochet off the concrete lagoon walls back onto your deck for the duration of your little get-together? NO PROB.
BRING IT.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2020, 05:37:13 PM »
A NOTE to the people who insisted on blasting shitty,  white-bread "music," drunk-laughing and -pontificating, and being classic assholes throughout last night, right outside my bedroom window: I am coming for you. I just heard one of you dump an entire garbage bag  full of "dead soldiers" into the trash and, this being Saturday, I'm betting I can expect the same from you tonight. I'm partyin' with a mask on, and here's what you can expect: I have a Fender Twin reverb amp pointed at your deck. It features 85 watts, dual 12” Jensen speakers, and tilt-back legs for fine-tuning my aim. At my fingertips is an entire collection of Appalachian mountain music, including recordings of Roscoe Holcomb, Fiddlin' John Carson, Alma Gluck, and Eck Robertson. Wanna hear eight solid hours of "Arkansas Traveler"? CAN DO. Wanna enjoy Henry Whitter's version of "The Wreck on the Southern Old 97" ricochet off the concrete lagoon walls back onto your deck for the duration of your little get-together? NO PROB.
BRING IT.

I want to do coke with this lady.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2020, 07:04:35 PM »
I've never been on Nextdoor or Facebook, but really enjoyed reading these Rusty.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2020, 10:12:24 PM »

My sis told me about the howling and I just assumed it was a weird Boulder thing.  Maybe its a weird people everywhere thing?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2020, 10:35:43 PM »

My sis told me about the howling and I just assumed it was a weird Boulder thing.  Maybe its a weird people everywhere thing?

I think it started in the bay area, Mill Valley perhaps, and caught on elsewhere.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2020, 04:54:30 PM »
today it is all people wanting to know where to get carryout margaritas and tacos. it's pretty wild

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2020, 07:48:01 PM »
Thread: Walmart

Betty
Just need to vent about my trip to Wal-Mart this morning...... I saw a lot of people wearing masks and that's fine for me I don't wear one so when I was walking in there was a person greeting didn't say a word about a mask so I was doing my shopping and this person told me I needed to wear a mask I said I can't wear one and went on my way doing what I needed to do I feel like that person didn't have the rite to say that to me it's not ordered to wear one and I saw a lot of delivery people not wearing one so the more I thought about it the madder I got so I just wanted to vent thanks for lisening

Debbie
You go girl I don’t wear one either. I can’t go to menards now even though I need to because it’s Corp. mandatory there

Darlene
If you put on a simple 5.00 mask you can. It’s the civil thing to do.

Sofia
You go!! Me, my cousin, my boyfriend, and my brother went into menards the other day. We carried face makes, but didn’t put them on until a lady came up to us and asked us to.. then we just put them around our necks (not covering anything) and weren’t bothered again. It is so very sad how simple freedoms, like the choice of wearing a mask or not in a public place, are being taken from us. Virus or not, freedom should never be stifled.

Richard
yes, we are all adults and we are SUPPOSED to be able to move around freely.  A virus does NOT suspend the constitution of the United States.

Pete
Please just wear a face mask if it is deemed mandatory by local authorities or by various stores. It causes no harm to anyone to comply with this order, and trust me, some of us will probably look better 😂.  Leave the arrested conspiracy doctors to Facebook, this is a place to talk about people trying to steal my dog food containers and help Brian through a midlife crisis.

Richard
I will put one on only if it is required. I am going to be healthier by NOT wearing one. Staying safe lowers my immune system. You build up immunities by being exposed as everyone has done all of their lives. When restrictions are lifted people will get sick because they have not been using their immune system. I would say it is obvious you did not watch the video I referred to. I only responded to the post because it mentioned wearing masks. I wanted to give my opinion.

Barb
If you can’t wear one I would recommend ordering your groceries in advance and having them brought out to your car for your own safety and others in the store.

Barb
Richard please don’t go during the senior hours, I am in there with a compromised immune system. I could never survive the virus.

Betty
I don't trust anyone going around the store getting my groceries any more done it before and when I unpacked them there were bad items in the bags I called the store to complain I was told there was nothing they could do and it was a manager that I talked to so trusting employees in the store to me is bad cause they don't take the time to make sure the items are good and they are in a hurry so from now on I'll do my own shopping

Brenda
I’ve never listen to so many stupid people in all of my life.

Betty
We have a right to do what we think is best for us and if we can't wear a mask then we won't we are NOT STUPID or SELFISH but we r being safe

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2020, 09:03:45 PM »
Brenda outta nowhere with the steel chair!

Also, why can't Betty wear a mask?