Author Topic: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?  (Read 55607 times)

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2020, 09:06:15 PM »
My sis who lives in a suburb of Denver (Parker) prob has it.  Symptoms are pretty minimal.
Nope, test was negative,
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2020, 09:18:45 AM »
Yeah, there have even been some reports about it affecting male fertility. But who knows at this point.

How many people's sperm count did they take before and after them having COVID-19?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2020, 09:21:51 AM »
Yeah, there have even been some reports about it affecting male fertility. But who knows at this point.

How many people's sperm count did they take before and after them having COVID-19?
Whether they are testing any after, you would have to imagine there is a fairly large sample of people who have before tests and then got Covid-19.
:adios:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2020, 09:39:48 AM »
Good point.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2020, 12:19:12 PM »
Don’t really know, but I assume any speculation along those lines is based on data from SARS or other coronaviruses. Not necessarily observation from COVID patients.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 06:03:54 PM »
Aunt (Wamego) going to hospital today. :sad
Early 60s former smoker, been battling pneumonia and allergies. Her adopted grandson (lives in MHK) has Covid. Prob got from him.

Uncle dropping her off today.

:sad
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 02:43:19 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 06:18:36 PM »
Aunt (Wamego) going to hospital today. :sad
Early 60s former smoker, been battling pneumonia and allergies. Her adopted son (lives in MHK) has Covid.

Uncle dropping her off today.

:sad
:frown:

Sorry to hear

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 06:41:19 PM »
Sorry nicname :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2020, 02:37:47 AM »
update. aunt was allowed to return home from hospital and is awaiting test results. hopefully this is good news.

hospital staff would not allow my uncle in at dropoff as he is not experiencing any symptoms. They are quarantining at home. I'm assuming they are assuming uncle has also been infected until further notice, though not sure. not sure if quarantining together or apart within the home.

Adopted grandson was nearly asymptomatic and only ever had slight fever for a day or two. he has also been quarantining since he tested positive. he should be fine. though i cant imagine the guilt he must be feeling.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 02:42:45 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2020, 08:15:48 AM »
Sounds like my sister in law has it. Lots of symptoms, not sure if she will be able to get a test.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2020, 11:02:53 AM »
My wife works at the hospital and Monday morning was told that she handled medicines that was in a COVID-19 patients' room.  They are still requiring her to work and are not going to test unless she has symptoms.  So they may be causing the whole staff to contact COVID-19.  So far no symptoms, just anxiety.     
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2020, 11:21:22 AM »
Wife works at a hospital and still hasn’t seen a single confirmed case. They’ve sent a few out for testing, all negative so far. I don’t know a single person who has had it. Zero reported cases at my employer of 500+ people. I know someone who’s former neighbor apparently had it, now recovered. So that’s like 2.5 degrees of separation.

By all anecdotal reports, this varies widely in severity, and the death rate remains virtually non-existent for people under 60 without other aggravating conditions. The Diamond Princess is not a great sample because it had a very old population.

I agree, we’re headed for deaths around 30-40k, although the “true” number of deaths caused by covid, as opposed to dying with covid but primarily from other causes, will continue to be debated for some time. In fact, at least some of our current death count is based upon “presumed” cases that weren’t even confirmed with testing. And eventually, I predict we’ll settle on estimates of somewhere around 10MM US infections this year once we have better testing.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2020, 12:19:50 PM »
Worst part is we didn't have any cases until they brought in a infected COVID-19 case from rough ridin' Johnson county.  They said they needed to practice on a case so they would be ready when they start coming in.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2020, 03:35:30 PM »
Worst part is we didn't have any cases until they brought in a infected COVID-19 case from rough ridin' Johnson county.  They said they needed to practice on a case so they would be ready when they start coming in.
What the eff? That's not practice, idiots.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2020, 05:14:44 PM »
That would be almost hilariously negligent if true.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2020, 10:59:07 PM »
Aunt is covid free. Tests came back negative. Still pretty sick from something else tho. P good news.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 11:05:26 PM »
Aunt is covid free. Tests came back negative. Still pretty sick from something else tho. P good news.

glad to hear it, although i'd be a little suspicious of the test result given that she had contact with a confirmed positive.  hope she recovers asap.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2020, 12:52:00 AM »

glad to hear it, although i'd be a little suspicious of the test result given that she had contact with a confirmed positive.  hope she recovers asap.

Yes. very odd imo.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2020, 04:47:39 PM »
I'm going to be v pissed if they end up passing out antibody passes for those who recovered and can now do stuff and I didn't get it due to being a good boy and staying in isolation.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2020, 06:54:55 PM »
I get mad at people who win tens of thousands of dollars betting on roulette, but I don’t wish I made the same decisions they did.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2020, 11:05:21 PM »
I'm going to be v pissed if they end up passing out antibody passes for those who recovered and can now do stuff and I didn't get it due to being a good boy and staying in isolation.

Da fuq is an antibody pass
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2020, 11:24:19 PM »
I get mad at people who win tens of thousands of dollars betting on roulette, but I don’t wish I made the same decisions they did.

Except roulette doesn't have odds that favor you.  99.9% chance I don't die if I am infected.  95% chance I don't get hospitalized if I am infected.  If it was the difference between me being able to work and go places or not, I'd take those odds all day, every day.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2020, 11:34:10 PM »
pretty selfish take there, justwin sheesh

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2020, 11:51:11 PM »
i don't think we're going to have antibody passports anytime in the near future.  so don't worry about missing out.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2020, 12:38:07 AM »
pretty selfish take there, justwin sheesh

The comment was only in response to the absurdity of comparing being infected with the coronavirus to playing roulette.

Imagine the government does hand out antibody passes to those that have antibodies to SARS-CoV-2.  What do you think will happen in terms of compliance to stay at home orders the next time some sort of pandemic rolls around?  Do you think that people are just going to be willing to stay at home and risk their financial stability for something that has an extremely small chance of actually affecting them?  At least, that was my interpretation of Phil's comment.