Author Topic: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?  (Read 56428 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?
« Reply #1150 on: July 30, 2022, 12:15:25 PM »
When was your last booster

I'm going to Portugal in about 8 weeks

The man?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 01, 2022, 08:25:30 AM »
Finally got me from going to a work conference.  Luckily, all my major interactions from the conference are negative at this point

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 28, 2023, 04:14:09 PM »
Who gets COVID in 2023? Me apparently lol.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 28, 2023, 04:24:47 PM »
Teas and pees, _33.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 27, 2023, 08:13:00 AM »
Man, went to get my flu shot yesterday with the family and they asked if I wanted an updated covid booster. They just got the latest variant one in so I said sure. My first and only known bout with Covid was about 9 months ago and it sucked way more ass than I thought it would so I was down with getting boosted. Holy moly do I feel like crap today. I had all Pfizer before and this was Moderna, so no idea if that was it. My arm feels like it was hit with a sledgehammer and I still just feel like absolute crap. I'd been on vacation the past couple of weeks so I started my workouts again and had some soreness the past couple of days. This threw that into super overdrive and I'm hurting all over. Mrs SF is super pissed at me because she feels similar.  :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: September 27, 2023, 09:06:39 AM »
Man, went to get my flu shot yesterday with the family and they asked if I wanted an updated covid booster. They just got the latest variant one in so I said sure. My first and only known bout with Covid was about 9 months ago and it sucked way more ass than I thought it would so I was down with getting boosted. Holy moly do I feel like crap today. I had all Pfizer before and this was Moderna, so no idea if that was it. My arm feels like it was hit with a sledgehammer and I still just feel like absolute crap. I'd been on vacation the past couple of weeks so I started my workouts again and had some soreness the past couple of days. This threw that into super overdrive and I'm hurting all over. Mrs SF is super pissed at me because she feels similar.  :frown:

that's how you know it's working

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 27, 2023, 09:09:11 AM »

yeah, I know, i'm just surprised at how shitty I feel. I was pretty sick like 2 months ago and had every covid symptom, but kept testing negative. I assumed it was covid even with the negative tests, but apparently it wasn't. My bod is currently whipping the ass of something it hasn't seen before.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 27, 2023, 04:30:02 PM »

i try to work this into random conversations as much as possible so I can lol to myself

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 27, 2023, 04:55:37 PM »
Got the Kelce 2 at once treatment Monday as well. I didn't remember a booster being too rough but yesterday I was pretty ran down. back to normal today!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 27, 2023, 05:21:53 PM »

i try to work this into random conversations as much as possible so I can lol to myself
I know for a fact that you and I are the two biggest appreciators of it on the planet earth and space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 27, 2023, 07:10:16 PM »
Very meh on getting a booster, will see
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 27, 2023, 07:19:08 PM »
I'll get one in a month. Work is crazy right now and that will allow me to be fully boosted in time for the holidays.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 27, 2023, 08:10:33 PM »
How long is the new one supposed to be good for?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 27, 2023, 09:36:57 PM »
How long is the new one supposed to be good for?
Like a flu shot so a year most likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 27, 2023, 10:20:31 PM »
Just rode in the car for 4 hours with a colleague/client who was feeling bad so he masked, then got to the hotel and tested positive for Covid. Guessing I still won’t get it though.
:adios:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 28, 2023, 08:12:38 AM »
Got the Kelce 2 at once treatment Monday as well. I didn't remember a booster being too rough but yesterday I was pretty ran down. back to normal today!

Same, better today. Arm still a little sore, but basically normal after getting some sleep. That sucked ass. Hopefully worth it.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 29, 2023, 09:37:00 AM »
I got the latest covid from a flight back from Hawaii. Very mild, burning sinus for a day, then runny nose and slight cough, over in about 2.5 days. Sounds like it isn't as bad as the booster.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 29, 2023, 09:40:51 AM »
I got the latest covid from a flight back from Hawaii. Very mild, burning sinus for a day, then runny nose and slight cough, over in about 2.5 days. Sounds like it isn't as bad as the booster.

That description sounds a whole lot worse than having a sore arm for an evening.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 29, 2023, 09:56:31 AM »

lmao wut

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 29, 2023, 10:29:01 AM »

That description sounds a whole lot worse than having a sore arm for an evening.

Never felt bad at all, really mild symptoms. I only did the home covid test right when it started because I was just on a flight.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: September 29, 2023, 10:52:35 AM »
I heard someone on a 1st/2nd date asking their potential partner how they handled covid times. Kinda smart way to vet the person if they match you, no matter which crazy side of covid you went.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 29, 2023, 11:16:57 AM »
I heard someone on a 1st/2nd date asking their potential partner how they handled covid times. Kinda smart way to vet the person if they match you, no matter which crazy side of covid you went.

Ha. yeah, i'm honestly careful about who I even tell about getting the booster. I prob don't even want to know some of my friend's responses. You guys don't count as internet people aren't real.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: September 29, 2023, 04:09:49 PM »

You guys don't count as internet people aren't real.

You have put me immediately into an existential crisis.   :ohno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: September 29, 2023, 05:09:23 PM »
false alarm, family didn't have covid. it was influenza A. first confirmed case at our pediatrician this season! hang the banner folks.

also wife is still in bad shape 6 days later  :frown:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 15, 2023, 05:16:18 PM »
5 month old and myself are positive. Our toddler is probably as well. 5 month old had a slight fever and I have a cough and cold. :flush:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles