Author Topic: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?  (Read 56259 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2020, 10:11:28 PM »
I'm glad they're recovering sys

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2020, 10:56:26 PM »
i don't know what you're doing, wacky, but something that kills 1 out every 200 people infected is a serious disease and it's scary as eff for older people who are basically forced to play russian roulette every day they wake up in countries that have failed to control the disease like the u.s. and mexico.
I’m not down playing it, but you’ve participated on this board like it’s the scariest thing alive for ppl. People are straight up losing jobs due to this and the economy is mumped! This reaction will have far determinatial tolls for families across the world vs our racist grandparents. Depression, job loss, etc. you only seem to care about Dumbass crap, to be right.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2020, 11:08:15 PM »
i don't know what you're doing, wacky, but something that kills 1 out every 200 people infected is a serious disease and it's scary as eff for older people who are basically forced to play russian roulette every day they wake up in countries that have failed to control the disease like the u.s. and mexico.
I’m not down playing it, but you’ve participated on this board like it’s the scariest thing alive for ppl. People are straight up losing jobs due to this and the economy is mumped! This reaction will have far determinatial tolls for families across the world vs our racist grandparents. Depression, job loss, etc. you only seem to care about Dumbass crap, to be right.
Drink a big glass of water, take some Tylenol, and go to bed

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2020, 11:09:21 PM »
I'm glad they're recovering sys

thanks.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2020, 11:12:25 PM »
Drink a big glass of water, take some Tylenol, and go to bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2020, 10:31:33 AM »
IT’S JUST THE FLU

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »
SPORTS ARE BACK!  (kickball)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2020, 12:34:42 PM »
a couple of my wife's aunts tested positive.  late 70s/early 80s; live together; mexico city.  neither of us wants to say it, but we both think they'll probably die.  hopefully not though.

mexico is making us look good.  eff amlo.

updating this - both got pretty sick, one was hospitalized for a bit over a week but has now been released.  the other didn't have to go to a hospital, just supplemental oxygen at home.

both seem to be recovering, along with a 30ish male relative who also got fairly sick.

good to hear
my good friend’s wife just got through it.  wasn’t easy for her but neither he nor his live in daughter had any issues

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2020, 02:15:33 PM »
my good friend’s wife just got through it.  wasn’t easy for her but neither he nor his live in daughter had any issues

do they know if they had it but didn't exhibit symptoms or if they didn't catch it?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2020, 02:34:16 PM »

do they know if they had it but didn't exhibit symptoms or if they didn't catch it?
he slept right next to her the whole time because by the time her test got back it was like a week in so I have to assume that he had it but ya wasn’t tested

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2020, 02:35:11 PM »
and the health dept did no contact tracing which is disappointing

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2020, 02:37:24 PM »
and the health dept did no contact tracing which is disappointing

Every aspect of test and trace has been pretty abysmal nationwide as far as I can tell.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2020, 06:33:03 PM »
I had it. From my interactions in the prior week, I got it dining at a restaurant or my GF brought it home from the hospital.

Two week flu. Nagging cough, fever, aches. Slept a ton. Fever and cough gone after the first few days. Very tired. Couple naps a day for a couple of weeks. Took a round of steroids after the fact to clear up the lungs. All good now.

Took 18 days to get test results. I'd already been done with quarantine.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2020, 06:46:51 PM »

I had it. From my interactions in the prior week, I got it dining at a restaurant or my GF brought it home from the hospital.

Two week flu. Nagging cough, fever, aches. Slept a ton. Fever and cough gone after the first few days. Very tired. Couple naps a day for a couple of weeks. Took a round of steroids after the fact to clear up the lungs. All good now.

Dang glad you're ok. Our testing is absolutely absurd.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2020, 07:26:45 PM »
happy to hear you're recovered, ipa.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2020, 10:46:28 PM »

Will you have any follow up appointments to monitor for long term symptoms or related illnesses?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2020, 10:49:51 PM »

Will you have any follow up appointments to monitor for long term symptoms or related illnesses?
No. If I don't feel like I'm back to my usual self, I'll follow up. Hour bike ride today felt just fine. It's been three weeks since quarantine ended for reference.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2020, 11:03:51 PM »
 :combofan:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2020, 05:26:45 PM »
Hitting my small town. Mom's co-worker and the auctioneer.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2020, 05:48:19 PM »
Keep up the good work ipa.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2020, 11:15:41 PM »

No. If I don't feel like I'm back to my usual self, I'll follow up. Hour bike ride today felt just fine. It's been three weeks since quarantine ended for reference.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
I’ll bet you’re encouraged by the recent stuff about long term immunity then!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2020, 07:36:54 AM »
Got a buddy who has had it for a while now.  Got really sick about 5 weeks ago for about a week and a half, then since then has had recurring fever, chills, and fatigue symptoms.  Seems to have been in the not dangerous but annoying phase for a while now.  Mid 30s, fit, active athlete.
:adios:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2020, 09:34:27 AM »
Got a buddy who has had it for a while now.  Got really sick about 5 weeks ago for about a week and a half, then since then has had recurring fever, chills, and fatigue symptoms.  Seems to have been in the not dangerous but annoying phase for a while now.  Mid 30s, fit, active athlete.

Does he have any idea how he got it?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2020, 10:16:56 AM »

Does he have any idea how he got it?
He may, I don’t. I know he and his wife were both 100% remote for work, and were pretty cautious about doing even restaurant or grocery pickups.
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2020, 08:00:27 AM »
A coworker, and she's actually sick. We've had three ill in the company although I don't know who the other two are. I'm new here and the other two don't work with me so I don't care to find out who they are.