Poll

Have you been furloughed or lost massive revenue during this pandemic?

Yes
2 (3.9%)
No
44 (86.3%)
Kinda
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Have you been furloughed or loss massive revenue during this pandemic?  (Read 17988 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Have you been furloughed or lost massive revenue during this pandemic?
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2020, 04:43:43 PM »
I am starting to get pretty concerned about Kansas State.

Being pretty concerned about Kansas State would not be an overreaction to say the least.

:sdeek:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2020, 04:59:26 PM »
Hotel industry is absolutely mumped right now but for some reason, my company keeps paying me and has only done paycuts.  I expect that to change pretty soon.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2020, 05:36:20 PM »
Hotel industry is absolutely mumped right now but for some reason, my company keeps paying me and has only done paycuts.  I expect that to change pretty soon.

95% of hospitality people I know are furloughed and 4% are at about 20% of their pay. You are truly the 1%

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2020, 10:00:33 PM »
No
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2020, 10:06:51 PM »
No, and if anything, power plants seem to be even busier/require more attention than ever, for somewhat obvious reasons.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2020, 10:18:52 PM »
We were told we'd be paid in full through June six weeks ago. Three weeks ago we were told our jobs were safe, but there would likely be a hiring freeze and no raises this year. Two weeks ago we we were told furloughs could be a legit possibility. Most likely in the form of a few days a month and those with higher salaries being furloughed more days than those earning less. First staff meeting in a couple weeks tomorrow so who knows what we'll hear.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Have you been furloughed or loss massive revenue during this pandemic?
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2020, 03:12:26 AM »
 :ohno:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Have you been furloughed or loss massive revenue during this pandemic?
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2020, 09:20:08 AM »
Staff meeting just finished. The number one priority is to protect jobs. Targeting a 10% spending cut.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2020, 09:22:40 AM »
No, and if anything, power plants seem to be even busier/require more attention than ever, for somewhat obvious reasons.

What obvious reasons are power plants busier?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2020, 09:46:49 AM »

Increased baking

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2020, 09:52:02 AM »

Increased baking

Literally, figuratively or a combination of both?

:bigtoke:
bears are fast...

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2020, 09:52:17 AM »

Increased baking

is that for real?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2020, 10:07:47 AM »

Increased baking

is that for real?

No, it was a funny

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2020, 10:16:49 AM »

Howso? What do you think the layoff/cancellation/whatever situation will unfold? What are the rumors or possibilities being discussed? Need reports from boots on the ground/ITK types.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2020, 10:19:06 AM »

Howso? What do you think the layoff/cancellation/whatever situation will unfold? What are the rumors or possibilities being discussed? Need reports from boots on the ground/ITK types.

I am not very confident about the fall semester which would make all of these cuts much worse.

https://www.k-state.edu/today/info/announcement/?id=64673

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2020, 10:25:23 AM »

Increased baking

is that for real?

No, it was a funny

:lol:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2020, 10:29:09 AM »

I am not very confident about the fall semester which would make all of these cuts much worse.

https://www.k-state.edu/today/info/announcement/?id=64673

The Brownback years were horrible for their finances so they were already in a pretty tough position when this hit.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
We finally got a tentative date when we will have some people start returning to the office. It will be in a phased approach. Our revenue is still down but looks like we probably won’t lose anybody.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

95% of hospitality people I know are furloughed and 4% are at about 20% of their pay. You are truly the 1%

I have a more corporate position and am with a company that franchises far more than manages properties.  It has saved a lot of people in our company for the time being.  Pretty much all my friends/former coworkers at properties are gone.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

I have a more corporate position and am with a company that franchises far more than manages properties.  It has saved a lot of people in our company for the time being.  Pretty much all my friends/former coworkers at properties are gone.

I'm pretty pessimistic about the rebound of hospitality.  I hope those I know who are mostly in sales can get back in late summer and start the rebound.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
Hearing ten week furloughs for people. Health insurance covered for one month. Something like a $30 million cut.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm pretty pessimistic about the rebound of hospitality.  I hope those I know who are mostly in sales can get back in late summer and start the rebound.

It's going to be challenging for sure.  I know bigger convention destinations, Vegas in particular, are worried that they will never fully recover to what they were.  The thought is that even the biggest conventions will be 20% smaller.  Some people aren't going to feel comfortable travelling for a long time.  A lot of companies aren't going to have the same budgets to put people on the road once it's safe again and some are figuring out that they can do some of the same things remotely.

China hotel numbers came back to about 70% of where they were after 3 months, which would put us on track for mid-June if we discount a billion other variables.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
We don't have any dates until work travel will be approved.  I think it will be less too because of the capability of video conferencing and stuff.  We have some people that used to travel all of the time, will be a lot less I think.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

It's going to be challenging for sure.  I know bigger convention destinations, Vegas in particular, are worried that they will never fully recover to what they were.  The thought is that even the biggest conventions will be 20% smaller.  Some people aren't going to feel comfortable travelling for a long time.  A lot of companies aren't going to have the same budgets to put people on the road once it's safe again and some are figuring out that they can do some of the same things remotely.

China hotel numbers came back to about 70% of where they were after 3 months, which would put us on track for mid-June if we discount a billion other variables.

Yeah, this.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I'm really happy for people that they haven't been affected, but this poll still blows my mind. Maybe if a more favorable poster started this thread, the numbers would be different, not sure. 35 Million have filed for unemployment so far. I know we have some successful sales guys on this troll blog too and you can't tell me people are buying right now. Anyways, i'm happy many of you have strong employers. Maybe it's a industry thing too. K-State is a huge engineering school as well.