Author Topic: 2020 General Election Thread  (Read 129098 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 General Election Thread
« Reply #2900 on: June 10, 2021, 07:56:00 AM »
I'm sure most of you took the time to reminisce about the time just a few years back when it was perfectly acceptable to question the outcome of elections and to repeatedly call the elected President illegitimate (and it will be again in the future if the Republicans can overcome the manufactured super majority process) . . . you know, back during when questioning every Democratic presidential loss wasn't a "threat to our Democracy".   

Welp, this is probably going to change some "lets be like the Europeans" minds that at one time dominated the ProgLib movement.

Of 47 nations surveyed in Europe -- a place where, on other matters, American progressives often look to with envy -- all but one country requires a government-issued photo voter ID to vote. The exception is the U.K., and even there voter IDs are mandatory in Northern Ireland for all elections and in parts of England for local elections. Moreover, Boris Johnson’s government recently introduced legislation to have the rest of the country follow suit.

Seventy-four percent of European countries entirely ban absentee voting for citizens who reside domestically. Another 6% limit it to those hospitalized or in the military, and they require third-party verification and a photo voter ID. Another 15% require a photo ID for absentee voting.

Similarly, government-issued photo IDs are required to vote by 33 nations in the 37-member Organistion for Economic Co-operation and Development (which has considerable European overlap). Only the UK, Japan, New Zealand, and Australia currently do not require IDs. Of those outliers:

On the mainland, France banned mail-in voting in 1975 because of massive fraud in the island region of Corsica, where postal ballots were stolen or bought and others were cast in the names of dead people.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2021/06/01/the_us_is_a_voter_photo_id_outlier_theyre_the_rule_in_europe_and_elsewhere_778714.html

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: June 10, 2021, 08:16:08 AM »
makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: June 10, 2021, 11:37:58 AM »
Paragraphs are your friend.

The reason the ProgFacist goes straight to the racism card with follow-up using various forms of race based labels is because to get into the details would expose the idiocy and thus subject the ProgFascist to the ridicule they so richly deserve.

The "laser focus" comment is absolutely  :lol:

The standard list of requirements is every case is a list of documentation needed for any able bodied/mind/guardian aided citizen to participate in nearly every facet of our society be it:  Governmental, financial system, health system, educational system participation and engagement (and that's just naming a few).   Without any of them, functioning in our modern society would be nearly impossible.   A litany of Federal/State/Local agencies has a list of either unacceptable or secondary ID only items of which most if not all of your "laser focus" items reside.   In other words, don't even bother trying to use that list of ID's as your primary in trying to engage with us because they're not going to get you anywhere by themselves.    This is understood by anyone with even a modicum of intelligence and engagement in the basic mechanisms of a 1st world country. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: June 10, 2021, 12:40:23 PM »
Yeah I have never had any problem with needing id to vote, but it should be easily acquired and free of charge. I wonder why dax does not want those things..... Hmmmmm...............
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: June 10, 2021, 12:46:06 PM »
Yeah I have never had any problem with needing id to vote, but it should be easily acquired and free of charge. I wonder why dax does not want those things..... Hmmmmm...............

Every state I've lived in offers a free state ID.   The list of things you can use to get them is many bullet points long and even if you don't have any of those there's other processes that that one can go through to obtain a free ID.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: June 10, 2021, 09:20:55 PM »

Every state I've lived in offers a free state ID.   The list of things you can use to get them is many bullet points long and even if you don't have any of those there's other processes that that one can go through to obtain a free ID.

You live in a state that closed several DMVs in predominately poor black rural areas, this happened after they made IDs mandatory to vote.
https://www.governing.com/archive/alabama-demands-voter-id--then-closes-drivers-license-offices-in-clack-counties.html

https://www.al.com/opinion/2017/01/as_it_turns_out_bentleys_drive.html
Gov. Robert Bentley denied there was any racist intent behind the closure of 31 driver license offices in 2015, but an investigation by the United States Department of Transportation found they adversely impacted majority African-American counties.

All you had to do was look at a map to see it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: June 17, 2021, 10:29:55 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: June 17, 2021, 10:35:33 AM »
Good lord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: June 17, 2021, 10:41:48 AM »
:lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: June 17, 2021, 12:25:47 PM »
The left is getting nervous
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: June 17, 2021, 01:35:06 PM »
so incredibly trumpy

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: June 17, 2021, 02:44:28 PM »
Only we can force weeks and months of recounts, claim illegitimacy and immediately attempt impeachment proceedings (ProgFascist Nation)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: June 17, 2021, 08:01:49 PM »
Like Trump, I have always been an Italian satellite hack guy.  The evidence is so abundant, as Trump has said on the record.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: June 17, 2021, 09:39:26 PM »
Like Trump, I have always been an Italian satellite hack guy.  The evidence is so abundant, as Trump has said on the record.
Link?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: June 18, 2021, 09:22:28 PM »
Only we can force weeks and months of recounts, claim illegitimacy and immediately attempt impeachment proceedings (ProgFascist Nation)

Yes, there is absolutely nothing unusual or suspicious about the Arizona “audit” at all.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 General Election Thread
« Reply #2916 on: June 20, 2021, 07:04:36 AM »

Yes, there is absolutely nothing unusual or suspicious about the Arizona “audit” at all.
#lol

Welcome to  2021. 

This isn’t a bunch of ProfLib lawyers in a room telling us a chad angle means Gore won

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: June 20, 2021, 11:48:48 PM »
So what is it, then?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: June 21, 2021, 09:15:11 AM »
It's called auditing a vote count in the year of our Flying Spaghetti Monster: 2021

Join us

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: June 21, 2021, 09:41:08 AM »
There should probably be some transparency into the auditing process.  What happens if this guy claims the election was rigged?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: June 22, 2021, 09:27:12 AM »
Why would you want transparency when you can give a trove of voter data to a CEO so he can disappear with it to his super secret lab at his Montana compound where no one is allowed to see anything?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:51:09 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: June 22, 2021, 10:57:02 AM »
He could be applying for credit cards under each voters name or maybe just signing them up for a year's subscription to Cat Fancy

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: June 22, 2021, 02:54:55 PM »
This is all perfectly normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AKTBHuRv9U

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: June 22, 2021, 03:51:05 PM »
Again.   No one can question election outcomes, claim illegitimacy and immediately begin work on impeachment proceedings except for ProgFascists. 

We get it.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: June 22, 2021, 07:52:46 PM »
What do impeachment proceedings have to do with the absurd Arizona recount that is happening right now? Do you also admit that this recount is operating significantly differently than every other recount in history? Because it is.