Author Topic: 2020 General Election Thread  (Read 129059 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 General Election Thread
« Reply #2800 on: January 01, 2021, 11:39:59 AM »
Voting is CANCELLED!

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1344749990703411205
This whole series of events has me imagining what it was like to be a decent rational human being in Nazi Germany.

Based on what I've read on that subject, you're living it, dude. Very much like trying to imagine living through the 1918 pandemic.

Dax is a nazi

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: January 03, 2021, 03:34:01 PM »
So which case is stronger, congress members are involved in a loosely based conspiracy of misinformation and sedition or large scale voter fraud?

i don't think there's any question which of these is supported by evidence.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: January 03, 2021, 05:27:16 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: January 03, 2021, 10:01:46 PM »
i'm not super optimistic about the future of the country.

https://twitter.com/normative/status/1345928403912970240
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: January 03, 2021, 10:08:45 PM »
We are going to have to hang some people for treason aren’t we?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: January 03, 2021, 10:23:19 PM »

I think we all assumed the embarrassment would be enough to stop anyone from trying

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: January 03, 2021, 10:30:16 PM »
This would be good. Democrats should at least try to convince non-MAGA pubs to do it.

https://twitter.com/dceiver/status/1345883003327709185

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: January 03, 2021, 10:38:13 PM »

Agree with this. But recognizing that Trump only felt imboldened to do so because of tribalism, it would be unwise for Biden to pursue criminal charges. I don’t think he’ll do it, but IMO Biden should pardon Trump for treason as his first presidential act.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: January 03, 2021, 11:25:10 PM »

Agree with this. But recognizing that Trump only felt imboldened to do so because of tribalism, it would be unwise for Biden to pursue criminal charges. I don’t think he’ll do it, but IMO Biden should pardon Trump for treason as his first presidential act.

....da fuq?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: January 03, 2021, 11:33:46 PM »

The reason to be worried about the country is that we long ago allowed, no required, government officials to do what's politically convenient instead of what's right. We have a sitting president on tape trying to convince someone who is tasked directly with protecting our democracy, you can make the claim that's worse than literal murder. We have this and not only do we have people willing to allow the president to get away with this, but there are enough citizens who don't care enough about this and who will excuse turning a blind eye because grabbing for every bit of power is more important than anything else.

That willingness to do anything and everything to snatch up every bit of power available is exactly why we are where we are right now. Ignoring this because it's politically expedient is an endorsement for escalating this criminal behavior. Don't you think it has to stop at some point?

Americans pretending to care about democracy is laughable, sad, and infuriating. Capitalism has choked out a true democracy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: January 03, 2021, 11:37:29 PM »

....da fuq?

I'm certain a majority of Americans share his view though. Most people don't have the least bit of motivation to give a crap, let them do whatever the hell they want to, I'm making the mortgage in my $350,000 house just fine.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: January 04, 2021, 12:31:25 AM »
We have this and not only do we have people willing to allow the president to get away with this, but there are enough citizens who don't care enough about this and who will excuse turning a blind eye because grabbing for every bit of power is more important than anything else.

i agree.  it is far worse that we have an electorate that tolerates/demands these actions from their elected representatives than it is that we have elected representatives that are responsive to those incentives.

Capitalism has choked out a true democracy.

this part is, to me, a nonsensical non sequitur.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: January 04, 2021, 12:49:55 AM »
We have this and not only do we have people willing to allow the president to get away with this, but there are enough citizens who don't care enough about this and who will excuse turning a blind eye because grabbing for every bit of power is more important than anything else.

i agree.  it is far worse that we have an electorate that tolerates/demands these actions from their elected representatives than it is that we have elected representatives that are responsive to those incentives.

Capitalism has choked out a true democracy.

this part is, to me, a nonsensical non sequitur.

Eh, maybe.
It was a generation but I think our brand of capitalism specifically provides incentives for the general electorate to not care about this. People are willing to accept this behavior because there is nothing to gain from doing so. Government corruption is a much bigger deal in other places because the perception is that corruption has a greater affect on the citizens.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: January 04, 2021, 08:58:58 AM »

That's a terrible idea.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: January 04, 2021, 09:40:21 AM »
Well he’s not gonna do it so no worries

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: January 04, 2021, 09:44:51 AM »
He'd better not do it.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 General Election Thread
« Reply #2818 on: January 04, 2021, 09:50:51 AM »
He won’t do anything. That’s basically the platform he ran on.

It’s sad, but the biggest reason no one cares about what Trump is doing right now is because he’s so bad at it and they’re just completely over him. In some ways though that’s the most dreaded outcome for Trump. To just fade into obscurity despite every attempt to get people talking about him.

I do think folks like Cruz should face serious consequences for their part in trying to legitimize everything.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: January 04, 2021, 09:54:48 AM »

It’s sad, but the biggest reason no one cares about what Trump is doing right now is because he’s so bad at it and they’re just completely over him. In some ways though that’s the most dreaded outcome for Trump. To just fade into obscurity despite every attempt to get people talking about him.

I do think folks like Cruz should face serious consequences for their part in trying to legitimize everything.

I'm all for hanging them and I don't even support the death penalty.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: January 04, 2021, 11:15:01 AM »

So punish the sex worker and not the pimp who is forcing her into labor?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: January 04, 2021, 11:27:06 AM »
I actually think Trump is the sex worker in this scenario. Congressional Republicans have more power right now, they’re just exploiting his name in a futile gesture to garner more support from their base.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: January 04, 2021, 11:33:52 AM »
I think pointing and laughing is pretty good too.  I think that's why dax ran.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: January 04, 2021, 12:49:17 PM »
I actually think Trump is the sex worker in this scenario. Congressional Republicans have more power right now, they’re just exploiting his name in a futile gesture to garner more support from their base.

So you haven't moved beyond thinking this dude is nothing more than a harmless idiot? Trump's clearly the straw stirring this drink, they aren't using him as some meat shield, they are hanging on to his train of lunacy. The greatest voice for trumpism right now is a "man" who allowed trump to repeatedly and publicly call his wife ugly and his dad a murder. Stop acting like trump is a passenger.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: January 04, 2021, 12:52:10 PM »
I actually think Drumpf is the sex worker in this scenario. Congressional Republicans have more power right now, they’re just exploiting his name in a futile gesture to garner more support from their base.

So you haven't moved beyond thinking this dude is nothing more than a harmless idiot? Drumpf's clearly the straw stirring this drink, they aren't using him as some meat shield, they are hanging on to his train of lunacy. The greatest voice for trumpism right now is a "man" who allowed trump to repeatedly and publicly call his wife ugly and his dad a murder. Stop acting like trump is a passenger.

I'm glad you but man in quotation marks because Ted Cruz lost every right to his balls the second he allowed trump to cut them off. What a pathetic shell of a sniveling man
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla