Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1049798 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15850 on: May 07, 2021, 10:01:47 PM »
it's possible there's something i'm missing or mistaken about, but that seems like a really stupid thing to do.

Like the manufacturing side of rna vaccines seems like a good thing for a country to be able to have the technical capacity and manufacturing capability to utilize. how that can happens :dunno: say the malaria one works out, countries in africa being able to make it sounds nice. that goes into the speculative category probs (and more of a long term argument about health care?)

moderna has already said they weren't going to enforce their ip protection on their vaccine and that is at least partly because just freeing up that legal obstacle doesn't enable some other company to figure out how to manufacture the vaccine, which is apparently a very complex process.

but the question isn't should anyone but moderna and pfizer manufacture rna vaccines.  of course they should.  the question is why should the us govt void their ip protections rather than allow/incentivize moderna and pfizer to license others to produce their vaccines.
s.

it's worth mentioning here that the money we're talking about here is incredibly small compared to the economic impact of coronavirus.  an incredibly optimistic estimate of how many rna vaccine doses could be produced by non moderna/pfizer facilities over the next year or so would be like 4 billion doses.  pfizer sells vaccines to the us govt for $20, so the ip value per dose is almost certainly less than $10/dose.  40 billion dollars compared to the like 6 or 7 trillion the us has spent to ameliorate the effects of covid just in the united states.  it's nothing.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15851 on: May 07, 2021, 10:50:18 PM »
lmao, Dax haven’t you trotted this one out here before?

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1390771008852856836

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essentially a follow on from the article I posted earlier from the Bureau of Atomic Scientists.  Facui's funding of research in Wuhan has been documented extensively, and verified and discussed by some of the most credentialed virologists and epidemiologists on the planet.   

Only the most insane of #blueanon would consider this a conspiracy.   

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15853 on: May 09, 2021, 11:26:03 PM »
Hospitalizations & economic impact would be good to know, but yeah I don’t think even Sweden thinks it was a good idea in hindsight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15854 on: May 09, 2021, 11:34:57 PM »
Something that's wild is India isn't at half of our peak rate. I realize it's probably undercounted and their hospital systems are more overwhelmed but still!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15855 on: May 09, 2021, 11:36:27 PM »
Hospitalizations & economic impact would be good to know, but yeah I don’t think even Sweden thinks it was a good idea in hindsight.
I'd bet Sweden had worse hospitalization numbers

https://twitter.com/AlecStapp/status/1391572719716732928

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15856 on: May 10, 2021, 09:10:27 AM »
Something that's wild is India isn't at half of our peak rate. I realize it's probably undercounted and their hospital systems are more overwhelmed but still!

Yeah, their mortality rate is going to be through the roof.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15857 on: May 10, 2021, 10:30:45 AM »
Weird how the U.S. positive test numbers plummeted when the CDC revised it's cycling requirements for PCR testing.

Lots of people testing 'positive' with levels of the virus that would not make them sick, nor spread the virus to anyone else prior to that post inauguration policy change.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15858 on: May 10, 2021, 10:42:13 AM »
Weird how the U.S. positive test numbers plummeted when the CDC revised it's cycling requirements for PCR testing.

Lots of people testing 'positive' with levels of the virus that would not make them sick, nor spread the virus to anyone else prior to that post inauguration policy change.

What level of virus in a person would not spread?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15859 on: May 10, 2021, 10:46:56 AM »

If it takes 35 plus cycles to find it then the person is likely neither ill, nor contagious

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15860 on: May 10, 2021, 10:52:27 AM »

If it takes 35 plus cycles to find it then the person is likely neither ill, nor contagious

Since we have to pull the information out of you I’m assuming this is coming from Epoch Times or Gateway Pundit.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15861 on: May 10, 2021, 10:53:46 AM »
It feels like Dax's point is that the Trump administration wasn't testing properly, thus inflating the numbers, but that can't be it.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15862 on: May 10, 2021, 11:38:48 AM »

Since we have to pull the information out of you I’m assuming this is coming from Epoch Times or Gateway Pundit.
Did the Interim Dictator issue an edict changing the number of cycles?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15863 on: May 10, 2021, 11:58:45 AM »

I know you’re always months behind.  But there’s multiple posts in this thread about this.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15864 on: May 10, 2021, 12:07:29 PM »
KDHE for example reduced their cycle threshold from 42 to 35 on 1/7/21

Fauci said that the threshold should not exceed 34.

LOL, 42 is ridiculous

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15865 on: May 10, 2021, 12:18:09 PM »
I really looked at hospitalizations and deaths.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15866 on: May 10, 2021, 12:27:36 PM »
US 7day rolling average of cases is 40.6K. Lowest since Sept 2020.  I would be very curious to know how many actual infections per day there were during March and April 2020.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15867 on: May 10, 2021, 01:51:19 PM »
 B.1.617 Indian variant now labeled a "global concern" by the WHO

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15868 on: May 10, 2021, 02:18:56 PM »

rough ridin' yuck

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15869 on: May 10, 2021, 07:51:57 PM »
IMHO, I think the way to get these stupid eff non chippers to get chipped is too let the card carrying chipped to go without masks.  It makes total sense, since once you're chipped you can't get it and you can't spread it.  Most of them are cry babies and hate masks.  They will quickly and angary get chipped out of jealously of the privileged chipped.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15870 on: May 10, 2021, 07:59:53 PM »
IMHO, I think the way to get these stupid eff non chippers to get chipped is too let the card carrying chipped to go without masks.  It makes total sense, since once you're chipped you can't get it and you can't spread it.  Most of them are cry babies and hate masks.  They will quickly and angary get chipped out of jealously of the privileged chipped.
They will just lie about getting chipped

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15871 on: May 10, 2021, 09:16:40 PM »
It may be hard to do if checking vac card is required.  They piss and moan about having to wear a mash in big box stores as it is.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #15872 on: May 10, 2021, 09:21:32 PM »
IMHO, I think the way to get these stupid eff non chippers to get chipped is too let the card carrying chipped to go without masks.  It makes total sense, since once you're chipped you can't get it (not true) and you can't spread it (also not true).  Most of them are cry babies and hate masks.  They will quickly and angary get chipped out of jealously of the privileged chipped.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15873 on: May 10, 2021, 09:32:32 PM »
IMHO, I think the way to get these stupid eff non chippers to get chipped is too let the card carrying chipped to go without masks.  It makes total sense, since once you're chipped you can't get it (not true) and you can't spread it (also not true).  Most of them are cry babies and hate masks.  They will quickly and angary get chipped out of jealously of the privileged chipped.

It was quoted by an med. expert on CNN.  The vac. is so new that it took till last week to make the announcement  It is also why they will open things up once the magic 60% is reached.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15874 on: May 11, 2021, 12:25:09 AM »

Thankfully, we won't get fooled again.