Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1049957 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #14400 on: March 08, 2021, 03:03:08 PM »
That newspaper box looks just as pathetic as you think it would

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14401 on: March 08, 2021, 03:12:04 PM »
I don't know which is the epoch times thread but just wanted to post that I hadn't known before tonight that it was for sure maybe a real thing.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14402 on: March 08, 2021, 03:35:29 PM »
That's some nice gang scrawl under the paper boxes.
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14403 on: March 09, 2021, 01:08:42 AM »
this whole thread for the last week or so summarized here.

https://twitter.com/JakeAnbinder/status/1369051311367421961
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14404 on: March 09, 2021, 07:12:33 AM »

And one of the reasons I felt like if I have the ability to get out of a hight demand vaccine community and take one where there is a surplus and expiring it's going to help someone who can't travel get one faster.  Let's hope they can figure out better distribution plans immediately

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14405 on: March 09, 2021, 10:16:54 AM »
Sedgwick Co is now chipping aircraft workers ahead of under 65's with comorbitities. Mrs Gooch who is well on the periphery of the aircraft "supply chain" was given an appointment for today after signing up yesterday. eff it, I'm absolutely going to spin my employment as a health care support job to get a chip. Restaurants and bars are packed and people have already stopped wearing masks in the grocery stores. I have barely left my house in a god damn year and these assholes are acting like this is all over. I put in my time and will absolutely be jumping the line to get my life back since everyone here is done doing even the slightest amount of mitigation.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14406 on: March 09, 2021, 10:25:29 AM »

And one of the reasons I felt like if I have the ability to get out of a hight demand vaccine community and take one where there is a surplus and expiring it's going to help someone who can't travel get one faster.  Let's hope they can figure out better distribution plans immediately

While I don't disagree with that, I think this is one of those "problems" that in 2-4 weeks we're wondering why it was ever a problem. we're chipping at 2mil/day, it's going to only get better.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14407 on: March 09, 2021, 11:53:22 AM »
Sedgwick Co is now chipping aircraft workers ahead of under 65's with comorbitities. Mrs Gooch who is well on the periphery of the aircraft "supply chain" was given an appointment for today after signing up yesterday. eff it, I'm absolutely going to spin my employment as a health care support job to get a chip. Restaurants and bars are packed and people have already stopped wearing masks in the grocery stores. I have barely left my house in a god damn year and these assholes are acting like this is all over. I put in my time and will absolutely be jumping the line to get my life back since everyone here is done doing even the slightest amount of mitigation.

I have zero issue with most line jumpers. If you're interested in living your life without dying or becoming a long hauler, then you should do whatever you can to get the vaccine. Literally slap the jab out of the hand of a medical professional getting ready to jab a 70 year old woman with cancer for all I care. I have much less tolerance for line jumpers who have spent the last year not taking this seriously.

The reason why I don't care about older people getting jumped is that there are a lot of older people who haven't taken it seriously either. We're just assuming that the idiots are 22 year olds who just want to go get hammered in Daytona, and there's a great deal of that, but there are also still heath care workers not taking advantage and old people who think this is a complete scam. You don't have to wait for these people.

The county I work in won't move to the next tier, under 65 with pre-existing conditions, until 60% of the proportion population 65 and older are vaccinated. This is the largest county in the state, that's insane. The largest long term care facility in the city only has 62% of their employees vaccinated because the rest refuse to get it. It's been three months, no one should have to wait on these people. Luckily most retail pharmacies nationwide aren't abiding by the generally stricter local tiers and guidelines.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14408 on: March 09, 2021, 11:56:47 AM »
That's ridiculous. They should give these groups a window, and then close it. If you are a teacher and still haven't been vaccinated 2 weeks after it was available to teachers, then you should have to wait until the high school kids you teach have had their chance before it's your turn again.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14409 on: March 09, 2021, 11:57:58 AM »

I have zero issue with most line jumpers. If you're interested in living your life without dying or becoming a long hauler, then you should do whatever you can to get the vaccine. Literally slap the jab out of the hand of a medical professional getting ready to jab a 70 year old woman with cancer for all I care. I have much less tolerance for line jumpers who have spent the last year not taking this seriously.

The reason why I don't care about older people getting jumped is that there are a lot of older people who haven't taken it seriously either. We're just assuming that the idiots are 22 year olds who just want to go get hammered in Daytona, and there's a great deal of that, but there are also still heath care workers not taking advantage and old people who think this is a complete scam. You don't have to wait for these people.

The county I work in won't move to the next tier, under 65 with pre-existing conditions, until 60% of the proportion population 65 and older are vaccinated. This is the largest county in the state, that's insane. The largest long term care facility in the city only has 62% of their employees vaccinated because the rest refuse to get it. It's been three months, no one should have to wait on these people. Luckily most retail pharmacies nationwide aren't abiding by the generally stricter local tiers and guidelines.
An unchipped NH employee that brings the virus into a nursing home should be liable for manslaughter.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14411 on: March 09, 2021, 12:13:13 PM »
So no consideration in the percent for those who don't want to be chipped? That's the problem with just setting a hard percent before moving on or even sending # of chips to communities based on percent done. That's how you end up with empty mass vax sites in middle missouri.

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14412 on: March 09, 2021, 12:58:18 PM »
I think the surplus in rural counties thing is happening more than people realize... I was just able to get an appt in a county 45 min outside of Denver tomorrow for a Moderna shot.  There were a lot of appts available because they had so many extra shots.  Super pumped to be getting 'chipped!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14413 on: March 09, 2021, 03:10:09 PM »
I think the surplus in rural counties thing is happening more than people realize... I was just able to get an appt in a county 45 min outside of Denver tomorrow for a Moderna shot.  There were a lot of appts available because they had so many extra shots.  Super pumped to be getting 'chipped!
'Grats. Grow those antibodies, teach those T-cells well.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #14414 on: March 09, 2021, 04:12:45 PM »
Has Biden really been doing much to improve distribution or are they really just doing a poor job of communicating what they got in the works? I’m pretty surprised they haven’t moved on from the initial priority groups in my area given that I haven’t talked to anyone who’s had issues getting an actual appointment.

There’s still apparently extremely low waste here though. Probably because a lot of places don’t even ask if you’re in one of the categories. So maybe it’s a bit of a prisoners’ dilemma situation.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14415 on: March 09, 2021, 05:11:15 PM »
2 million more people got jabbed today
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14416 on: March 09, 2021, 05:39:13 PM »
Just found out the hospital my wife works at charges insurance $40 per shot to administer it.  Even thou the government is paying for the vaccine .  Every body got to get there share; maybe that's why the major Pharms' all want a piece of the action.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14417 on: March 09, 2021, 05:49:30 PM »
Has Biden really been doing much to improve distribution or are they really just doing a poor job of communicating what they got in the works? I’m pretty surprised they haven’t moved on from the initial priority groups in my area given that I haven’t talked to anyone who’s had issues getting an actual appointment.

There’s still apparently extremely low waste here though. Probably because a lot of places don’t even ask if you’re in one of the categories. So maybe it’s a bit of a prisoners’ dilemma situation.

Please walk me through how these folks are getting jabbed in your city/county. Step by step, and with detail. Thanks.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #14418 on: March 09, 2021, 06:26:12 PM »
Find a list of pharmacies that are getting the shot (think it’s on state DHS website) and call saying you’d like to schedule an appointment. Some will just put you on list list without any questions (sometimes). Kroger and some others allow online appointments too (if you are in a risk category). Not sure what the backlog looks like.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14419 on: March 09, 2021, 06:43:51 PM »
Using the phone in 2021, what an archaic system
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: March 09, 2021, 07:29:51 PM »

That's 100% on your local authorities. Iowa is dead ass last in percentage of citizens vaccinated, last. However, some communities are already one tier away from vaccinating the general public. The local government entities that are getting the vaccine from the feds are generally behind the private sector, everywhere, nationwide. I'm assuming because these city and government county health departments don't have the logistical strength to move through these tiers as quickly as Wal-Mart, or Walgreens, Kroger, Hyvee, etc. Honestly, I feel like this rollout is going much better than I thought it would.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: March 09, 2021, 08:13:09 PM »
Yep I'll get the shot whenever. I'm confident it won't take too long and I've made it this far. Things, overall, area going absolutely spectacularly.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: March 09, 2021, 08:40:01 PM »
I signed up but literally answered "no" to all of the questions that might move me up.  Which IDC because my blood stream is coursing with those wonderful little antis

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14424 on: March 10, 2021, 08:00:52 AM »
https://twitter.com/foxjust/status/1369434674196529156
Will be interesting to see what death trends do over the next five to ten years after this. Will there be a lower death rate over the next 12 months because the virus took so many of the frailest Americans? Will there be more deaths from colon / breast / lung cancer because people delayed screenings - or will it not matter as long as people can get caught up on health screenings this year. Also, it seemed like deaths from the opioid epidemic had been going down so that trend will be interesting to see, also. I don't have a position on it, I'm just curious to watch the trends.