Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1049977 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #14325 on: March 04, 2021, 08:02:00 PM »
Yeah, when it gets to the tier with government employees, there is absolutely nothing ethically wrong with lying about your occupation, imo.

And IT people, as if they spend time around anyone else at all, no offense EMAW IT'ers.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14326 on: March 04, 2021, 08:32:14 PM »
You guys.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14327 on: March 04, 2021, 09:47:25 PM »
1 month and the floodgates open to the non-kid population probably?

March 5th is still in play for me

Beat my prediction by one day.   :party:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14329 on: March 05, 2021, 09:57:58 AM »
I appreciate the effort but I hope this doesn't slow things down. Ironically one of the zip codes getting priority includes the Oakland Coliseum which is a mass vax site where everyone I know is getting jabbed.

https://twitter.com/CalMatters/status/1367689001700835335

heh

Newsom described how he was at a public housing site in East Los Angeles that has mostly Latino residents and saw “Audis pull up, folks that look like me” at a popup FEMA vaccine site for the neighborhood. “What happened is there was a code that went out on the app that was shared outside of the community… We’re seeing that in other parts of the state.”

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14330 on: March 05, 2021, 02:33:09 PM »
Friend in DFW first chip this week.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14331 on: March 05, 2021, 02:46:17 PM »
chipping tomorrow.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14332 on: March 05, 2021, 02:50:12 PM »
For my research please tell me WHAT chip you get.  I will then follow up to see if you have died or if Bill Gates has kicked in your door.  For the men seeking to have kids, I will see if you are rendered sterile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14334 on: March 05, 2021, 04:59:24 PM »
For my research please tell me WHAT chip you get.  I will then follow up to see if you have died or if Bill Gates has kicked in your door.  For the men seeking to have kids, I will see if you are rendered sterile

yes all good catholics need to know before so call around and if you don't get an answer keep calling or maybe just don't get it if you don't know

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14335 on: March 05, 2021, 06:58:05 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/03/05/these-states-lifted-covid-restrictions-this-week---against-cdcs-advice/amp/

Forbes on states lifting restrictions. Imo the most interesting thing to watch the next month or so. Personally very bullish on the success of this.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14336 on: March 05, 2021, 08:07:50 PM »
Heard that they are doing a big chipping in Junction City at the high school this weekend.

[url]https://fox4kc.com/news/kdhe-and-hy-vee-team-up-for-covid-19-vaccination-clinic-in-junction-city//url]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14340 on: March 06, 2021, 01:57:03 AM »
:sdeek:

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/coronavirus/detroit-mayor-duggan-doubles-down-not-wanting-jj-vaccine-foreseeable-future
Kinda surprised Detroit has a white mayor
Duggan’s maybe a bit of a unique case because he replaced Kwame after he got put in jail and took Detroit out of bankruptcy successfully, but also, metro Detroit has been getting whiter for awhile now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14341 on: March 06, 2021, 04:39:25 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/03/05/these-states-lifted-covid-restrictions-this-week---against-cdcs-advice/amp/

Forbes on states lifting restrictions. Imo the most interesting thing to watch the next month or so. Personally very bullish on the success of this.

Bullish on what? Did you intend to link a different article? What I got when I clicked that link left no room for optimism.
U.S. coronavirus cases and deaths plummeted last month after peaking in January, and millions of vaccines are reaching American patients’ arms every day, making some observers optimistic the country is moving in the right direction. Still, experts have remained cautious. When states tried to reopen businesses after last spring’s lockdowns, cases quickly shot up again over the summer and forced some states to clamp down again, and lax social distancing restrictions last fall were partly blamed for the country’s latest and most brutal surge. Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, warns this latest loosening of restrictions could cause the country to recede back into yet another surge, continuing a yearlong pattern.

CHIEF CRITIC
Walensky said Monday she’s “really worried” states are moving too quickly to lift their social distancing rules. The country’s infection rate has leveled off in recent weeks, she said, and new variants are making the virus more contagious. President Joe Biden took a sharper tone on Wednesday, deriding Texas’ and Mississippi’s decisions to lift their mask mandates as “Neanderthal thinking.”

SURPRISING FACT
A CDC study Friday found mask mandates are associated with lower rates of coronavirus cases and deaths, and counties tended to see a gradual uptick in cases and deaths after lifting their in-person dining restrictions.

I don't think the mask mandates are a big deal at all because nearly every business, local or chain, will still have masking rules. I think the much bigger issue is unlimited dining and open bars.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14342 on: March 06, 2021, 09:05:37 AM »

yes all good catholics need to know before so call around and if you don't get an answer keep calling or maybe just don't get it if you don't know

This is a gE only study.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14343 on: March 06, 2021, 10:25:53 AM »
Japanese super computer says double masking doesn’t do much

https://news.trust.org/item/20210305030525-fscog

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14344 on: March 06, 2021, 11:18:51 AM »
 @MakeItRain just posted the article because it was a pretty current list of states reopening and how they are doing it. I didn’t link the article for support of my opinion

But yeah, I’m confident the states reopening will be a resounding success. Most of the states will soon follow and we can all go to concerts, indoor ball games, and do all sorts of fun stuff again. I’m looking forward to it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14345 on: March 06, 2021, 11:28:56 AM »
@MakeItRain just posted the article because it was a pretty current list of states reopening and how they are doing it. I didn’t link the article for support of my opinion

But yeah, I’m confident the states reopening will be a resounding success. Most of the states will soon follow and we can all go to concerts, indoor ball games, and do all sorts of fun stuff again. I’m looking forward to it.

I think the reopening states will be fine because people stop going out if cases go up with or without restrictions. Really the only difference between texas and California is a mask mandate and capacity restraints in restaurants and gyms and people in texas will stop going to those places if case counts rise. I'd be shocked if there are major differences to their economies, whether that constitutes a 'resounding success" is up for debate

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14346 on: March 06, 2021, 11:34:32 AM »
When you step back it's really baffling how masks became a political issue

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14347 on: March 06, 2021, 12:48:46 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14348 on: March 06, 2021, 02:34:18 PM »
It is very bizzaroworld

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14349 on: March 06, 2021, 03:35:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/1368313396861472774

When you step back it's really baffling how masks became a political issue

Yea since it's like the least demanding mitigation.

it is almost literally the least you can do and any business will give you a free one if you don't have one