Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050294 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #10225 on: September 30, 2020, 09:46:51 PM »
Looks like my insurance roll let you do mail in testing for free but probably difficult to time correctly
Yeah the timing has my big hangup.

It's ridiculous we can't all get tested and results quickly by now. Inexcusable.
IMO test capacity is pretty incredible we just didn't do enough outside of the testing
They are!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10226 on: September 30, 2020, 09:47:06 PM »
my friend used this:

https://www.color.com/community-test-sites

and looking at it he probably should have went through his insurance because this is totally free and in high demand but there might be something similar in Fresno. I know urgent cares were common when I looked at it in July. I've also heard of mail in kits.

i'm reasonably confident that myself and everyone else will be virus free when/if we leave for my father's house.  what i want is something to let us know that we're still safe for him to be around upon arrival.

and, yeah, with incubation time, that isn't going to work great.  but retest.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: September 30, 2020, 09:51:31 PM »
my friend used this:

https://www.color.com/community-test-sites

and looking at it he probably should have went through his insurance because this is totally free and in high demand but there might be something similar in Fresno. I know urgent cares were common when I looked at it in July. I've also heard of mail in kits.

i'm reasonably confident that myself and everyone else will be virus free when/if we leave for my father's house.  what i want is something to let us know that we're still safe for him to be around upon arrival.

and, yeah, with incubation time, that isn't going to work great.  but retest.
Yeah Kansas will probably be tougher although it seems like wacky has an in. But I think if you're aware of your surroundings and like sit next to each other on a regional jet you'll be fine

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10228 on: September 30, 2020, 09:58:59 PM »
My only in is a CVS down the street here in Lenexa. Dad had symptoms and got tested after watching our kid over night months ago, but got results in 12 hours. We have bad allergies this time of year. We’ve all been fortunately fine. I think KCMO has their own problems with testing, which sucks big time!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10229 on: September 30, 2020, 10:05:48 PM »
My only in is a CVS down the street here in Lenexa. Dad had symptoms and got tested after watching our kid over night months ago, but got results in 12 hours.

this is good information.  thank you.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10230 on: October 01, 2020, 06:54:09 AM »
Could be wrong but I feel like results are fairly dependent on where you live. I hear people in kc getting results within 24 hrs. Like wacky said.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: October 01, 2020, 07:45:58 AM »
Could be wrong but I feel like results are fairly dependent on where you live. I hear people in kc getting results within 24 hrs. Like wacky said.

Could be getting a test from a private company in kc is better now I'm just going off stories I've heard. My point is pubic health department testing should be much more prevalent and free and fast by now. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Kc region is still around 10% positivity. That's entirely too high and we need to get more people tested daily.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: October 01, 2020, 07:49:03 AM »

Could be getting a test from a private company in kc is better now I'm just going off stories I've heard. My point is pubic health department testing should be much more prevalent and free and fast by now. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Kc region is still around 10% positivity. That's entirely too high and we need to get more people tested daily.

completely agree.

Even though tests are available, not enough people are being tested and even if they are, the turnaround isn't good enough.  I'm also not very convinced that people around KC are getting tested the way they should.  My friends in Healthcare aren't regularly tested.  My friends/family who are teachers and have had students back haven't been tested.  All these people should be tested weekly IMO and the results should be w/i 24 hours.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: October 01, 2020, 09:28:37 AM »
Everything Zeynep writes about covid is worth reading but the reverse contact tracing isn't something I'd thought about or heard discussed much

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1311498234892881920

Overdispersion should also inform our contact-tracing efforts. In fact, we may need to turn them upside down. Right now, many states and nations engage in what is called forward or prospective contact tracing. Once an infected person is identified, we try to find out with whom they interacted afterward so that we can warn, test, isolate, and quarantine these potential exposures. But that’s not the only way to trace contacts. And, because of overdispersion, it’s not necessarily where the most bang for the buck lies. Instead, in many cases, we should try to work backwards to see who first infected the subject.

Because of overdispersion, most people will have been infected by someone who also infected other people, because only a small percentage of people infect many at a time, whereas most infect zero or maybe one person. As Adam Kucharski, an epidemiologist and the author of the book The Rules of Contagion, explained to me, if we can use retrospective contact tracing to find the person who infected our patient, and then trace the forward contacts of the infecting person, we are generally going to find a lot more cases compared with forward-tracing contacts of the infected patient, which will merely identify potential exposures, many of which will not happen anyway, because most transmission chains die out on their own.

good nugget on sweden too

Once we recognize super-spreading as a key lever, countries that look as if they were too relaxed in some aspects appear very different, and our usual polarized debates about the pandemic are scrambled, too. Take Sweden, an alleged example of the great success or the terrible failure of herd immunity without lockdowns, depending on whom you ask. In reality, although Sweden joins many other countries in failing to protect elderly populations in congregate-living facilities, its measures that target super-spreading have been stricter than many other European countries. Although it did not have a complete lockdown, as Kucharski pointed out to me, Sweden imposed a 50-person limit on indoor gatherings in March, and did not remove the cap even as many other European countries eased such restrictions after beating back the first wave. (Many are once again restricting gathering sizes after seeing a resurgence.) Plus, the country has a small household size and fewer multigenerational households compared with most of Europe, which further limits transmission and cluster possibilities. It kept schools fully open without distancing or masks, but only for children under 16, who are unlikely to be super-spreaders of this disease. Both transmission and illness risks go up with age, and Sweden went all online for higher-risk high-school and university students—the opposite of what we did in the United States. It also encouraged social-distancing, and closed down indoor places that failed to observe the rules. From an overdispersion and super-spreading point of view, Sweden would not necessarily be classified as among the most lax countries, but nor is it the most strict. It simply doesn’t deserve this oversize place in our debates assessing different strategies.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:31:44 AM by michigancat »

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: October 01, 2020, 10:10:36 AM »
Came here to post that and get some of responses on it.  Some interesting stuff, and has some mentions on testing.

The Atlantic article:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/09/k-overlooked-variable-driving-pandemic/616548

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: October 01, 2020, 10:33:37 AM »
Came here to post that and get some of responses on it.  Some interesting stuff, and has some mentions on testing.

The Atlantic article:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/09/k-overlooked-variable-driving-pandemic/616548
I tried to get through that whole article but couldn't. Stuff I read was very interesting.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: October 01, 2020, 10:44:23 AM »

The Atlantic article:
I tried to get through that whole article but couldn't. Stuff I read was very interesting.

I think you can do it.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: October 01, 2020, 10:49:02 AM »

The Atlantic article:

I think you can do it.
Did you see how long that article was?! It would take like 12 years to read all of that.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: October 01, 2020, 10:56:56 AM »

The Atlantic article:

I think you can do it.
Did you see how long that article was?! It would take like 12 years to read all of that.
I was on my phone in a car so that might be part of it but damn those atlantic articles use a lot of words.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: October 01, 2020, 05:10:08 PM »
eff around (with neanderthals) and find out (that your descendants are more susceptible to a virus that'll pop up in 50k years).

https://twitter.com/alfonslopeztena/status/1311601453987958784

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: October 01, 2020, 08:27:18 PM »
KC metro case 7 day average back to where we were first of September (Labor Day + school?), hospitalizations up, deaths leveling according to Missouri Hospital Association in the KC region in the same time frame.  Kansas Hospital Association doesn't provide that data in their dashboard but hospitalizations per infection continue to be steady to lowering a bit.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: October 02, 2020, 12:01:43 AM »
We will see how well HCQ works I guess.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10245 on: October 02, 2020, 12:35:02 AM »
Narrative so far:  "Hope Hicks was adamant about wearing masks"
Flash to photos of Hope Hicks next to trump with no mask

try again Fox

Also, discussing the various treatments but no mention of HCQ.  None,  Zip. After breathlessly losing their crap for 6 months about HCQ working

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: October 02, 2020, 12:41:19 AM »

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: October 02, 2020, 12:44:01 AM »
Narrative so far:  "Hope Hicks was adamant about wearing masks"
Flash to photos of Hope Hicks next to trump with no mask

try again Fox

Also, discussing the various treatments but no mention of HCQ.  None,  Zip. After breathlessly losing their crap for 6 months about HCQ working

Per Dax’s sources, he’s in luck bc it only works if you start it early

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: October 02, 2020, 12:47:33 AM »
He’ll be fine, like 99% of ppl are.

Offline 420seriouscat69