Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050628 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #9101 on: August 03, 2020, 03:04:50 PM »

Continuous hardcore long term lock-downs are a fool's errand and only serve to destroy economies.

Agreed.  long term strict lockdowns aren't the answer to this.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: August 03, 2020, 08:50:53 PM »
Hadn't seen this model but one of those smart Twitter docs RTd it

https://covid19-projections.com/

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: August 03, 2020, 11:36:59 PM »

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: August 03, 2020, 11:39:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1290497186489348096?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t say the us is really bad in deaths per capita

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9105 on: August 03, 2020, 11:49:25 PM »
Yeesh, I'm amazed he's still doing interviews after Chris Wallace

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: August 04, 2020, 12:01:10 AM »
Yeesh, I'm amazed he's still doing interviews after Chris Wallace
He’s doing interviews because we are handling it, probably the best of any country. Most of the people he has talked to have said, “Wow! You are handling this so well!”
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: August 04, 2020, 01:37:00 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-31/japan-acted-like-the-virus-had-gone-now-it-s-spread-everywhere

Now Nancy "gin and Oxy" Pelosi says she doesn't trust Birx.   :lol: :lol:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-02/pelosi-says-virus-task-force-head-birx-spreads-disinformation

Pelosi's attack on Birx and her character was embarrassing and shameful. She should be ashamed as should her democratic colleagues for not checking her. Positively trumpian.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: August 04, 2020, 04:37:00 AM »
dunno what pelosi said, but birx has spread disinformation and is an embarrassment to civil servants.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: August 04, 2020, 09:58:14 AM »
dunno what pelosi said, but birx has spread disinformation and is an embarrassment to civil servants.

Nah, sorry that's horseshit. First of all, the article right there tells the reader what Pelosi said, it's like a 3 minute read. That woman has served her country for 40 years and has served appointments in the Obama and Trump presidencies. She's earned the right, just like Fauci and every other doctor in the world, to miss on some of the things she's said without being accused of carrying Trump's water.

I don't even know what you're referring to when you say she's spread misinformation, but not giving her latitude to make mistakes, when literally every single medical professional discussing coronavirus has, is wrong. The Speaker of the House accusing a civil servant of partisanship in a public forum is right out of the trump playbook, and it's embarrassing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: August 04, 2020, 10:00:32 AM »
Nah, sorry that's horseshit. First of all, the article right there tells the reader what Pelosi said, it's like a 3 minute read. That woman has served her country for 40 years and has served appointments in the Obama and Trump presidencies. She's earned the right, just like Fauci and every other doctor in the world, to miss on some of the things she's said without being accused of carrying Trump's water.

I don't even know what you're referring to when you say she's spread misinformation, but not giving her latitude to make mistakes, when literally every single medical professional discussing coronavirus has, is wrong. The Speaker of the House accusing a civil servant of partisanship in a public forum is right out of the trump playbook, and it's embarrassing.

if i was curious about what pelosi said, of course i could find out what she said.  no one has earned the right to lie to the american people.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: August 04, 2020, 10:09:23 AM »
https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1290642586441519106

Know like is familiar with the name of someone who died like John Pine or Herman Cain? Because 1 in 5 Americans definitely do not personally know someone who has died of coronavirus. That math doesn't add up at all, like not even close.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: August 04, 2020, 10:10:23 AM »
https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1290642586441519106

Know like is familiar with the name of someone who died like John Pine or Herman Cain? Because 1 in 5 Americans definitely do not personally know someone who has died of coronavirus. That math doesn't add up at all, like not even close.

They surveyed a thousand people for this, lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: August 04, 2020, 10:10:56 AM »

if i was curious about what pelosi said, of course i could find out what she said.  no one has earned the right to lie to the american people.

What did she lie about?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: August 04, 2020, 10:14:14 AM »
i would assume "know" as in someone who is a personal acquaintance.  not necessarily a friend or close family member, but not just someone who is famous.

i think for most people there would be hundreds in that category, so without doing any math, it doesn't seem outlandish to me.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: August 04, 2020, 10:15:05 AM »
They surveyed a thousand people for this, lol

1000 is a good sample.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: August 04, 2020, 10:18:43 AM »
I still don't even personally know anyone who's had it, let alone died from it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: August 04, 2020, 10:21:46 AM »
I still don't even personally know anyone who's had it, let alone died from it.

I know one person who had it, friend of a friend.  No one who died.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9120 on: August 04, 2020, 10:27:58 AM »
5 people. One died.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: August 04, 2020, 10:28:06 AM »

What did she lie about?

I don't know about lying, but I think she has willingly withheld information from the public to appease Trump.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: August 04, 2020, 10:32:45 AM »
Like 10 people, 1 died

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: August 04, 2020, 10:56:00 AM »
I saw Birx credited for "one day, it will just go away, it will disappear."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: August 04, 2020, 11:09:46 AM »

What did she lie about?

I don't know about lying, but I think she has willingly withheld information from the public to appease Trump.

Like what?