Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1065079 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #7325 on: May 29, 2020, 07:26:25 PM »
Completely going away is not really the goal at this point and probably never will be.
yep, South Korea SHOULD be the goal. But it seems really hard so whatever.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 07:44:45 PM by michigancat »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: May 29, 2020, 11:27:52 PM »
Completely going away is not really the goal at this point and probably never will be.
yep, South Korea SHOULD be the goal. But it seems really hard so whatever.

Which virus have they been successful in eradicating?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: May 29, 2020, 11:51:51 PM »
Over 100 new cases of the RONA in SK in the last 48 hours and possibly a plant of over 4,100 employees exposed.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: May 30, 2020, 12:33:18 AM »
1186 today - pretty crazy that we never saw a big correction from those suspiciously low early week numbers, which is really encouraging.  7 day avg has fallen 21 days in a row, now at 956.  Down 20% in the last week.  Down a little over 33% from 2 weeks ago.  Down 54% from the peak.

7 day average in new positive cases is down about 30% in the last month, while 7 day average of new tests is up by about 25 percent.  By any metric, this was a very encouraging month in the aggregate.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: May 30, 2020, 01:53:29 PM »
Joco 3/2 hosting 130 team tournament this weekend doesn’t seem like a great idea.

I’m all for leagues playing but those tournaments are crap shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: May 30, 2020, 01:58:06 PM »
Joco 3/2 hosting 130 team tournament this weekend doesn’t seem like a great idea.

I’m all for leagues playing but those tournaments are crap shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's over.  KS has no more distancing rules. We've moved onto protesting. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: May 31, 2020, 10:26:45 AM »
This is still happening in Oakland. Cases up, partly because of testing, but also increased hospitalizations, primarily affecting Latinos.

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1267111409906835458

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: May 31, 2020, 07:01:48 PM »
this is fascinating.

i've been pretty outspoken about copying asian countries that have very successfully limited cov2 spread.  however, if this immunity, possibly from an undescribed coronavirus circulating in humans, is more widespread in asia, then methods used there may be less effective elsewhere.

as counters to that speculation - there was widespread spread of, and mortality from, cov2 in wuhan.  eastern european countries have also been pretty successful with "asian" style interventions.

regardless of policy implications, this is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/BallouxFrancois/status/1266265084143087628
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: May 31, 2020, 07:06:28 PM »
All the more reason to fund more BL4 level research in China. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7335 on: May 31, 2020, 08:24:04 PM »
A lot of Coronabros have pivoted nicely, in support of mass gatherings and destruction of cities during this time, I see.  :frown:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 08:36:29 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: May 31, 2020, 08:33:42 PM »
A lot of Coronabros have pivoted nicely, in support off mass gatherings and destruction of cities during this time, I see.  :frown:

Wacks I was just getting ready to post about this. 100s of cities are now protesting with 100(0)s gathering. What is this going to do to the spread?

The "we shouldn't have closed down" team should use these protests as a talking point. I for sure think it is feeding into more people showing up to these protests. Protests which are totally valid and needed by the way.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: May 31, 2020, 08:36:55 PM »
Totally agree on all accounts.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: May 31, 2020, 08:48:13 PM »
A lot of Coronabros have pivoted nicely, in support off mass gatherings and destruction of cities during this time, I see.  :frown:

Wacks I was just getting ready to post about this. 100s of cities are now protesting with 100(0)s gathering. What is this going to do to the spread?

The "we shouldn't have closed down" team should use these protests as a talking point. I for sure think it is feeding into more people showing up to these protests. Protests which are totally valid and needed by the way.

I don't think that has anything to do with people going to the protests. People are definitely spreading the rona in these protests and I do think it's going to be bad.

Wacky, why didn't you have this energy when we saw the Lake of the Ozarks video?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: May 31, 2020, 08:52:30 PM »

I don't think that has anything to do with people going to the protests. People are definitely spreading the rona in these protests and I do think it's going to be bad.

Wacky, why didn't you have this energy when we saw the Lake of the Ozarks video?

I definitely think being locked down for 60 plus days then such a horrific murder of Floyd multiplied people showing up at protests. I mean this is world-wide at this point.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: May 31, 2020, 09:16:58 PM »
MIR, I lol’d at that too, but that was a bunch of dumbass, white trash, MAGA durps doing what they wanted to do. They got shamed accordingly. Now I’m seeing Coronabros on twitter who’ve been lecturing us to stay home, liking and retweeting the crap out of mass destruction/gatherings. I 💯 support the protest, just find it a bit ironic, these same people are rushing out to mass gatherings and were the same people shaming people for leaving their couch.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: May 31, 2020, 09:27:29 PM »
MIR, I lol’d at that too, but that was a bunch of dumbass, white trash, MAGA durps doing what they wanted to do. They got shamed accordingly. Now I’m seeing Coronabros on twitter who’ve been lecturing us to stay home, liking and retweeting the crap out of mass destruction/gatherings. I 💯 support the protest, just find it a bit ironic, these same people are rushing out to mass gatherings and were the same people shaming people for leaving their couch.

Social gatherings opposing lynchings and brunches have different levels of signifcance.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: May 31, 2020, 09:30:35 PM »

Social gatherings opposing lynchings and brunches have different levels of signifcance.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: May 31, 2020, 11:22:07 PM »
MIR, I lol’d at that too, but that was a bunch of dumbass, white trash, MAGA durps doing what they wanted to do. They got shamed accordingly. Now I’m seeing Coronabros on twitter who’ve been lecturing us to stay home, liking and retweeting the crap out of mass destruction/gatherings. I support the protest, just find it a bit ironic, these same people are rushing out to mass gatherings and were the same people shaming people for leaving their couch.

Couldn't have said it better myself
Where can I muster with these social gatherings opposing lynching and brunches? I have a bone to pick specifically with both of those practices.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: May 31, 2020, 11:48:05 PM »
I hope we don't see a big spike from this, and I bet we don't.  But throughout this process, I've found that I tend to bet on things I'm hopeful about, so take it all with salt.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: June 01, 2020, 12:31:29 AM »
Minnesota is one of the five states that have been continuing to see an increase in cases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: June 01, 2020, 12:32:46 AM »
Minnesota is one of the five states that have been continuing to see an increase in cases.
I think it will continue to be a fairly gradual uptick but not like a crazy spike.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: June 01, 2020, 12:37:12 AM »
I think it will continue to be a fairly gradual uptick but not like a crazy spike.
Cross our fingers that the low risk of outside transmission is for real.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: June 01, 2020, 12:42:57 AM »

That can't possibly apply when hundreds of people are standing literally inches apart.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: June 01, 2020, 01:11:24 AM »

That can't possibly apply when hundreds of people are standing literally inches apart.
:dunno: