Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1070208 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
The nightmare scenario for me is shitloads of white trash July 4-ish fireworks while there’s still a ban on leisure travel to Canada.

:ohno:

I’m close to canceling and instead committing to renting an RV and pak’n around the coast wherever there’s sure to be no bangs.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/amp/us-canada-border-coronavirus/index.html

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
The nightmare scenario for me is shitloads of white trash July 4-ish fireworks while there’s still a ban on leisure travel to Canada.

I’m close to canceling and instead committing to renting an RV and pak’n around the coast wherever there’s sure to be no bangs.

good luck with that, I think everyone in california will be trying to rent an RV with you. No one's gonna let us into their countries this summer and people will be desperate to get out of the house

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

good luck with that, I think everyone in california will be trying to rent an RV with you. No one's gonna let us into their countries this summer and people will be desperate to get out of the house

Yeah, I think I need to pull the trigger on it within a week to be safe. I saw some options that would be plenty roomy on RV versions of Airbnb sites. Most are very mod’d sprinter vans.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
[youtube]https://youtu.be/2SdUmsMLW0o[/youtube]

MAGA af.

was that like aussie fox & friends?

Or Aussie CNN or MSNBC?

Let me fire up the Aussie TV Sat and I'll let you know cRusty.

"I source everything through Wikipedia" (cRusty)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Nothing wrong with being an optimist. He's a Sudafed pack half full kinda guy.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There hasn’t been a modern era pandemic yet without an estimated 75-85 million infected in the United States.

But now Useful Idiot Nation has completely lost its mind. 

Sad
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:27:44 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
things obviously got way out of hand in those countries, but the way france and especially spain crushed their curves has been kinda impressive.  it looked like a sure thing that spain was going to outpace italy, and instead their curve down has been fairly rapid while italy sits on this long ass tail.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?areas=esp&areas=ita&areasRegional=usny&areasRegional=usnj&cumulative=0&logScale=1&perMillion=0&values=cases

It would be interesting to see how like Lombardy compared with Madrid and New York, which I thought FT used to have.

and another way of looking at it is western countries with major outbreaks are kind of converging on a pretty similar steady state.

That's pretty crazy

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
things obviously got way out of hand in those countries, but the way france and especially spain crushed their curves has been kinda impressive.  it looked like a sure thing that spain was going to outpace italy, and instead their curve down has been fairly rapid while italy sits on this long ass tail.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?areas=esp&areas=ita&areasRegional=usny&areasRegional=usnj&cumulative=0&logScale=1&perMillion=0&values=cases

It would be interesting to see how like Lombardy compared with Madrid and New York, which I thought FT used to have.

and another way of looking at it is western countries with major outbreaks are kind of converging on a pretty similar steady state.

That's pretty crazy

But also kind of to be expected w/ enough data points. I agree tho, the lack of variance is noteworthy.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'll admit I kinda cherry picked and it's on a log scale that makes it look closer. Like the UK is doing quite a bit worse but Canada is right in the mix too. But there really isn't a TON of difference right now among the countries with similar lockdown orders and little else (as far as I know).

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
the uk is a bit different because the data are probably misleading.  there's a fair bit of evidence that they probably had an outbreak earlier than became apparent and have had about double the number of deaths reported.

if you moved their curve forward and pulled the peak up a good bit, it'd conform better to the pattern (and probably is more accurate).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Researchers in China studying the spread of the coronavirus outside Hubei province—ground zero for the pandemic—identified 318 clusters of three or more cases between 4 January and 11 February, only one of which originated outdoors. A study in Japan found that the risk of infection indoors is almost 19 times higher than outdoors. (Japan, which was hit early but has kept the epidemic under control, has built its COVID-19 strategy explicitly around avoiding clusters, advising citizens to avoid closed spaces and crowded conditions.)

Emerging evidence suggests COVID-19 patients are most infectious for a short period of time. Entering a high-risk setting in that period may touch off a superspreading event, Kucharski says; “Two days later, that person could behave in the same way and you wouldn’t see the same outcome."

from the article.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Researchers in China studying the spread of the coronavirus outside Hubei province—ground zero for the pandemic—identified 318 clusters of three or more cases between 4 January and 11 February, only one of which originated outdoors. A study in Japan found that the risk of infection indoors is almost 19 times higher than outdoors. (Japan, which was hit early but has kept the epidemic under control, has built its COVID-19 strategy explicitly around avoiding clusters, advising citizens to avoid closed spaces and crowded conditions.)

Emerging evidence suggests COVID-19 patients are most infectious for a short period of time. Entering a high-risk setting in that period may touch off a superspreading event, Kucharski says; “Two days later, that person could behave in the same way and you wouldn’t see the same outcome."

from the article.
Damn that's wild.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In the background of all this noise it’s nice to know scientists around the world are still out there doing science stuff for us.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Like I said, keep an eye on churches

definitely seems like the highest risk behavior that is most likely to be resumed by large segments of the population.
https://twitter.com/monicarhor/status/1262849640619270150

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Like I said, keep an eye on churches

definitely seems like the highest risk behavior that is most likely to be resumed by large segments of the population.
https://twitter.com/monicarhor/status/1262849640619270150
It was actually in March but still. Given what we're learning about transmission behavior, this is the highest risk activity.

Hopefully we can learn something about transmission at schools by August. I know Sweden kept elementary schools open and said kids didn't spread it much. But I haven't heard anything about it other than a thread specifically about Sweden.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
countries with very low incidences of cov2 opening up travel amongst themselves is kind of a no-brainer.  the interesting question is whether all the mumped up countries are also gonna have an "ah, eff it" travel partnership.

https://twitter.com/Birdyword/status/1263009734640066560

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
We're shooting for <1600 today.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile