Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1065640 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks China (and Canada) . . . Topic: CoronaVirus!
« Reply #2626 on: March 26, 2020, 09:05:19 PM »
I hate this guy so rough ridin' much. He’s such a rough ridin' idiot.

https://twitter.com/yamiche/status/1243354645927530498
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: March 26, 2020, 09:23:48 PM »
We had a running head start to this thing and we're going to end up with the most dead citizens of any country in the world.

eff this.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: March 26, 2020, 10:03:17 PM »
very good, very informative thread.  unfortunately, it's effect on me was to make me a good bit more pessimistic than i was before reading it.

https://twitter.com/mlipsitch/status/1243347447537115136
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: March 26, 2020, 10:15:05 PM »
these are the new trump voter's spouse is deported.

https://twitter.com/ag_due/status/1243364258395480066

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: March 26, 2020, 10:46:36 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: March 26, 2020, 11:00:52 PM »
I wonder how prevalent/broad business interruption insurance policies are.  Might be a good thing for some small businesses to take a look at.

if there was an insurance company writing policies that didn't exclude this sort of event, they're now bankrupt.

My employer mentioned that we have business interruption insurance, but that it doesn't apply in the case of a global pandemic. I would assume they're all that way.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: March 26, 2020, 11:14:00 PM »
these are the new trump voter's spouse is deported.

https://twitter.com/ag_due/status/1243364258395480066

"these are the new trump voter's spouse is deported."

I reading it. What mean?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: March 26, 2020, 11:26:01 PM »
schadenfreude stories.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: March 26, 2020, 11:33:27 PM »
People feel surprisingly positive about the handling of this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the death toll is so low right now. We'll see how those ratings shift once we start getting into the 10's of thousands of deaths.

I feel differently than I did since this was last discussed over the weekend. I'd only give a favorable nod to Fauci. My governor has taken a bizarre tact. She refuses to issue a shelter in place, and publicly made it clear that mayors in Iowa can't do it either, only she can. However, she has mandated an insane amount of business closures. Schools, dine in restaurants, bars, gyms, pools, spas, salons, barber shops, shoe stores, clothing stores, florists, jewelry stores, beauty supply, bookstores, dentists, chiropractors, cosmetic surgeons, furniture stores, and a whole bunch of other crap. The only things that can be open are grocery stores, hardware stores, electronic stores, pet shops, and gas stations, paid $1.49/gallon today. I think she hasn't just done a shelter in place because she's a trumper.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: March 26, 2020, 11:33:54 PM »
We had a running head start to this thing and we're going to end up with the most dead citizens of any country in the world.

eff this.
Trump doesn’t care about deaths or the American people. He cares about the DOW Jones, and the DOW only. It’s a rough ridin' disgrace but the GOP can’t stop the lock step high step salute and march now they are on. It’s rough ridin' disgusting.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: March 26, 2020, 11:49:13 PM »
I hate this guy so rough ridin' much. He’s such a rough ridin' idiot.

https://twitter.com/yamiche/status/1243354645927530498

He may be right about this. 30,000 people on ventilators in one state, at one time seems to be a bit much. If NYS needs 30,000 then that means the country needs over 500,000 and I haven't seen any projection for that many. The most liberal estimate is 1 ventilator for every 50 sick, that's 25,000,000 Americans sick.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: March 27, 2020, 12:03:28 AM »

Because the death toll is so low right now. We'll see how those ratings shift once we start getting into the 10's of thousands of deaths.

I feel differently than I did since this was last discussed over the weekend. I'd only give a favorable nod to Fauci. My governor has taken a bizarre tact. She refuses to issue a shelter in place, and publicly made it clear that mayors in Iowa can't do it either, only she can. However, she has mandated an insane amount of business closures. Schools, dine in restaurants, bars, gyms, pools, spas, salons, barber shops, shoe stores, clothing stores, florists, jewelry stores, beauty supply, bookstores, dentists, chiropractors, cosmetic surgeons, furniture stores, and a whole bunch of other crap. The only things that can be open are grocery stores, hardware stores, electronic stores, pet shops, and gas stations, paid $1.49/gallon today. I think she hasn't just done a shelter in place because she's a trumper.

that sounds exactly like shelter in place unless she's still letting people go to non-essential office and manufacturing jobs.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: March 27, 2020, 12:20:02 AM »

that sounds exactly like shelter in place unless she's still letting people go to non-essential office and manufacturing jobs.

That's exactly what she's doing, and of course we've now had 4 straight days of coronavirus found at the headquarters of large businesses that should be closed. Day 1 was Principal Financial Group, day 2 was Wells Fargo, day 3 was Kum and Go, and today was Kemin. It's just such a small step to go to the shelter in place, but she makes a big show at each daily briefing about not doing so. I can't think of another reason why she's doing that other than loyalty to trump.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: March 27, 2020, 03:39:56 AM »
Sobering, but cool representation of social distancing v none. I don’t know how to embed reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/fnjbe4/social_distancing_simulation/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: March 27, 2020, 04:48:30 AM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: March 27, 2020, 06:39:02 AM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: March 27, 2020, 09:24:12 AM »
uhhhhh

Dr. Ivano Riva, an anesthesiologist there, said the hospital was still admitting up to 60 new coronavirus patients a day. They are tested for the virus he said, but at this point the clinical evidence — the coughs, the low oxygen levels, the fevers — is a better indicator, especially since 30 percent of the tests produced false negatives.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/27/world/europe/coronavirus-italy-bergamo.html

^worth a read or even just a scroll through the photos

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: March 27, 2020, 09:27:46 AM »
Politicians really thing hand shaking is like job #1.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: March 27, 2020, 09:46:31 AM »
Guys, I got tested this morning. I’ll let you know in 3-5 days my results.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile