Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1071476 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #19325 on: November 18, 2021, 07:34:11 AM »
A 99% vaccination rate and on least on one day, 1/3 of the new cases of Covid infection are apparently fully vaccinated people/break through cases.

#blueanonGe lead by Steve Dave and the other usual suspects want to immediately shift into per capita discussion and similar to avoid addressing a 33% breakthrough infection rate.

LOL #onbrand
Dax, you clearly don’t realize how big of a self own this is.
Steve your ongoing unilateral declarations of self ownage are hilarious.

In parts of the US the breakthrough rate is approaching 40% relative to new infections. No wonder the CDC redefined vaccine overnight.

sd, I concur with your self own diagnosis, we can upgrade this to a bilateral declaration of self ownage.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19326 on: November 18, 2021, 07:35:27 AM »
(I don’t like the way this is going, starts typing). I hereby declare your post a self own.  A self own has been declared!

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19327 on: November 18, 2021, 07:36:18 AM »
Personally I’d like to hear Dax out on this one. What is the data telling you about vaccines?
I’m just noticing the increase in breakthrough cases.

Again, now we know why vaccine was redefined by the CDC.

Why?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19328 on: November 18, 2021, 07:39:40 AM »
eff man this thing is still killing 1k people per day
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19329 on: November 18, 2021, 07:49:42 AM »
Personally I’d like to hear Dax out on this one. What is the data telling you about vaccines?

Why?
Immunity was flipped to protection.

They of course explained it away.  Yet other vaccines have either eradicated diseases entirely or rendered 95% plus of the recipients wholly immune from ever getting the disease. 

This isn’t an anti-vax statement either.  So don’t even bother with that bullshit

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19330 on: November 18, 2021, 07:50:45 AM »
what lockdowns and restrictions (besides masks) have existed in the US in 2021?

It's not particularly difficult to look at the slope angle during the 2020 time period.

Once again, congratulations to the Cartels, you rule our Southern border  :frown:

the author of the tweet you posted was emphasizing the 28.5% increase compared to this point last year. this contradicts your statement that lockdowns and restrictions are to blame
It’s good to know the pandemic was over and everyone instantly stopped heeding all social distancing and gathering restrictions advice . . . and immediately reintegrated themselves into social interactions as if the pandemic never happened and health leaders weren’t and aren’t still talking about possible super spreader events, restricting holiday gatherings and other such things.    I suppose this talk of businesses still not returning to the workplace by the tens of thousands is just a bunch of made up BS as well.

oh you're talking about the pandemic in general (not lockdowns) as a reason for the rise in overdoses. yes i agree it's probably a factor.
however, i would wager the opioid crisis lasts longer than the covid 19 crisis.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19331 on: November 18, 2021, 07:57:14 AM »
what lockdowns and restrictions (besides masks) have existed in the US in 2021?

It's not particularly difficult to look at the slope angle during the 2020 time period.

Once again, congratulations to the Cartels, you rule our Southern border  :frown:

the author of the tweet you posted was emphasizing the 28.5% increase compared to this point last year. this contradicts your statement that lockdowns and restrictions are to blame
It’s good to know the pandemic was over and everyone instantly stopped heeding all social distancing and gathering restrictions advice . . . and immediately reintegrated themselves into social interactions as if the pandemic never happened and health leaders weren’t and aren’t still talking about possible super spreader events, restricting holiday gatherings and other such things.    I suppose this talk of businesses still not returning to the workplace by the tens of thousands is just a bunch of made up BS as well.

oh you're talking about the pandemic in general (not lockdowns) as a reason for the rise in overdoses. yes i agree it's probably a factor.
however, i would wager the opioid crisis lasts longer than the covid 19 crisis.

The author spoke specifically about a series of events within the pandemic which heightened hardship levels.    One of the leading drivers of hardship levels was lockdowns and restrictions which prevented people from their livelihoods and normal and ongoing human interaction.   

There are still thousands upon thousands of people who are avoiding interactions and socializing and most of those decisions are still based on measures and proclamations of CoronaBro medical and thought leaders.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19332 on: November 18, 2021, 08:13:17 AM »
US 7-day rolling average up to 85K (from 71K around 11/1).

Hospitalizations in KS are pretty flat. https://www.kha-net.org/DataProductsandServices/STAT/Dashboard/

It's never going to end, folks!

Nope.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19333 on: November 18, 2021, 08:15:31 AM »

Why?

They of course explained it away.  Yet other vaccines have either eradicated diseases entirely or rendered 95% plus of the recipients wholly immune from ever getting the disease. 

This isn’t an anti-vax statement either.  So don’t even bother with that bullshit

You didn't answer the question

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19334 on: November 18, 2021, 08:23:05 AM »

Why?

It can be frustrating the way the CDC seems to change verbiage and such to suit whatever narrative they're pushing or whatever behaviors they'd like to induce if you let it.

But the evidence is plain.

Covid vaccines once provided near perfect protection from getting Covid. That's changed with Delta and whatever any new variants out there are, but it's still far better than the infection rate among the unvaxed.

Things that haven't changed are:

The vaccine's extreme effectiveness at reducing serious infection and death from covid.
Covid primarily being dangerous to the very old, very fat and otherwise generally unhealthy -- especially those also not vaccinated.
Severe covid cases amongst children being extremely rare.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19335 on: November 18, 2021, 08:34:55 AM »
Christ Dax if you have a point, make it.  You've went from vaccines don't work, to southern border killing (white) Americans, to vaccine definition change, to lockdowns made everybody OD in the span of one morning.  Settle down.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19336 on: November 18, 2021, 08:39:36 AM »
Christ Dax if you have a point, make it.  You've went from vaccines don't work, to southern border killing (white) Americans, to vaccine definition change, to lockdowns made everybody OD in the span of one morning.  Settle down.

You struggle with changing topics, always have and always will.

You're a child

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19337 on: November 18, 2021, 08:39:56 AM »
Recent paper from the New England Journal about the monoclonal antibody sotrovimab. Also (like REGN-COV) very effective in preventing severe disease in people who are at risk for severe infection but not sick enough to be hospitalized. This antibody targets an epitope of the spike protein that is actually present in the OG SARS virus and doesn't change between the variants. If you know of someone who gets infected and is at risk for severe disease, they should talk to their doctor about getting monoclonal antibodies ASAP. It could save them a hospital stay or save their life.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2107934?query=featured_coronavirus

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19338 on: November 18, 2021, 08:42:43 AM »

Why?

It can be frustrating the way the CDC seems to change verbiage and such to suit whatever narrative they're pushing or whatever behaviors they'd like to induce if you let it.

Covid vaccines once provided near perfect protection from getting Covid. That's changed with Delta and whatever any new variants out there are, but it's still far better than the infection rate among the unvaxed.

The vaccine's extreme effectiveness at reducing serious infection and death from covid.
Covid primarily being dangerous to the very old, very fat and otherwise generally unhealthy -- especially those also not vaccinated.

In essence we have a highly effective prophylactic marketed as a vaccine.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19339 on: November 18, 2021, 08:47:52 AM »

Why?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19340 on: November 18, 2021, 08:49:24 AM »

Why?

To induce desired behaviors.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19341 on: November 18, 2021, 08:49:50 AM »

Hospitalizations in KS are pretty flat. https://www.kha-net.org/DataProductsandServices/STAT/Dashboard/

Nope.
I hope you are right, nicname! It FEELS like it is never going to end.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19342 on: November 18, 2021, 08:51:01 AM »

Nope.

It’s not going to end, it will just be normalized that X amount of people every year die from it.   The avian FLU is coming for us anyway.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19343 on: November 18, 2021, 08:57:44 AM »
eff man this thing is still killing 1k people per day

Evolution at work.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19344 on: November 18, 2021, 08:58:23 AM »
Now that kids can get the vaccine, we need to redefine what "going to end" means anyways in the US.  What "end" are you trying to get to?  I am vaxxed and do anything now with a mask in my back pocket when needed without any fear for myself or those I care about.   My last concern is the rest of the world who isn't getting access to the vaccine as quickly.

Lockdowns anymore are silly.  Lockout those who choose not to play along and get a vaccine, let the rest of us move on.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19345 on: November 18, 2021, 09:06:10 AM »
when and where was the last "lockdown" in the united states? irl asking

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19346 on: November 18, 2021, 09:07:00 AM »

LA probably. I saw BJ from England say Christmas lockdowns still aren't out of the question.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19347 on: November 18, 2021, 09:09:55 AM »

US no idea, I was just reading about Germany doing them I think in some regions for this winter. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19348 on: November 18, 2021, 09:10:42 AM »
So like bars and restaurants and the crypt will closed in LA?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19349 on: November 18, 2021, 09:15:29 AM »

Nope.

It’s not going to end, it will just be normalized that X amount of people every year die from it.   The avian FLU is coming for us anyway.

My apologies. I wasn’t clear. Nope, it’s not going to end. People will always get and die from covid; hospitalizations and deaths almost entirely among the very fat, very old and generally unhealthy, especially if not vaccinated.